Does ISIS represent Islam?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I ask this question because I hear people like President Obama state that ISIS does no really represent Islam.

If not, they why?

You can only represent your understanding of a concept or Idea/Ideology.

ISIS represents their understanding of Islam. They do not represent every possible understanding of Islam.

This is akin to saying that Westboro Baptist Church represents their understanding of Christianity.

They do not represent every possible understanding of Christianity.

ISIS represents Islam in the same way that Mormonism represents Christianity.

In one sense, it's a very small group within a much, much, much larger group. And as with Mormons, not all Muslims are ever going to accept ISIS as even being real Muslims.

btw. I mean no disrespect to Mormons here!

Last edited:

ISIS represents their understanding of Islam. They do not represent every possible understanding of Islam.

This is akin to saying that Westboro Baptist Church represents their understanding of Christianity.

They don't go around chopping peoples' heads off though,do they?

I ask this question because I hear people like President Obama state that ISIS does no really represent Islam.

If not, they why?

ISIS is a name brand for a fan company. Al-Quada was the name for a computer software company. If you keep renaming it, it kindles the fire under the Americans in fear.

Ron Paul and Jacque Fresco know more about Foreign Policy than anyone. After researching them both, it's sad watching Americans try to turn it into a religious issue.

Some countries are more advanced than others. Most people know Christianity has a rocky background.

If you are truly CIVILIZED then you have to go through the heartbreak of others performing the same mistakes you once made.

They use to. Murder in the Bible

I'll let you figure out what the term "Progress" is here.

Decapitating a few innocent folks, is bad. But, it's not as bad as bombing thousands, including young children, in the name of peace.

Decapitating a few innocent folks, is bad. But, it's not as bad as bombing thousands, including young children, in the name of peace.

They don't now. Meaning these days, do they?

Islam needs an enlightenment, or reformation.

In one sense, it's a very small group within a much, much, much larger group. And as with Mormons, not all Muslims are ever going to accept ISIS as even being real Muslims.

Well let's see, ISIS kidnaps women, they make them slaves, and use them as concubines. They also behead their adversaries.

Looking at the war lord Mohammad, we see he also did these things.

Now I thought that Islam viewed Mohammad as a perfect man and the example that was set for all his followers. If so, then how can you be a Muslim and condemn such actions?

Now those that follow Christ follow his example, much like Islam follows the example of Mohammad. How then can anyone follow Christ and pick up a sword to behead someone or make them a slave?

Last edited:

Of course not.

:rolleyes-41:

Come on man, he won the Nobel Peace prize.

Those are good bombs and drones.

Get with the program.

They don't operate in the same environment. The vast majority of Muslims do not chop off people's heads. However, given the ability to act with impunity, I would not bet the friendly folks at Westboro wouldn't do some head chopping.

The Middle East already went through a golden age. About around the 15th to 16th century is when stagnation began..

The Middle East already went through a golden age. About around the 15th to 16th century is when stagnation began..

We were all in stagnation at that point. What changed was the industrial revolution. However, that did not bring on a universal change but rather an age of empire building by those nations which had been at the forefront of industrialization. We essentially went into areas, like the middle east, and turned the populations into third class citizens in their own land - at the point of a gun. That situation did not change until after WWII and most of the current nations were creations of that period. We worked to install governments which were amenable to our financial interests, not the welfare of the populations. It's hard to believe we aren't liked there.

How then can anyone follow Christ and pick up a sword to behead someone or make them a slave?

Seriously?

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth?

I can think of 20 Christian groups off the top of my head who have had no problem at all blowing people up while still claiming to be Christians.

Forum List

Back