Does it bother you that our entire government is based on forcing people via gunpoint

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow any agenda, no matter how well intentioned or successful it may or may not be.

34 views and zero replies. I guess it doesn't bother people. Maybe because the gun isn't actually in your face

I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow any agenda, no matter how well intentioned or successful it may or may not be.

That's the whole point of a government...projection of force to defend against outside enemies and keep domestic order.

While a good society will use lesser means, such as societal pressure, non-lethal force to restrain contain, economic sanctions (fines, penalties, etc) at the end there is always the threat of lethal force. You cannot have a society otherwise.

34 views and zero replies. I guess it doesn't bother people. Maybe because the gun isn't actually in your face

What do you expect? Your OP is vague, undirected, non-specific.

My bad I missed the part in the TOS where you had to make a very specific OP. If I'm being general it would seem you could pick any issue and relate it to the topic.

That's the whole point of a government...projection of force to defend against outside enemies and keep domestic order.

While a good society will use lesser means, such as societal pressure, non-lethal force to restrain contain, economic sanctions (fines, penalties, etc) at the end there is always the threat of lethal force. You cannot have a society otherwise.

You can certainly have society without government lol. In fact, a "good" society wouldn't need threats of violence to subordinate the citizens because "good" people behave morally.

We had a society without a government , or at least one that was present.

Google "shootout at the OK corral"
"Cole Younger"
"John Wesley Hardin"
"New Mexico regulators"

any of the above search terms will provide information that shows a glimpse of what anarchy looks like

"Cole Younger"
"John Wesley Hardin"
"New Mexico regulators"

any of the above search terms will provide information that shows a glimpse of what anarchy looks like

Are you high? There was government when that shit happened lol. The OK Corral was a shootout between cowboys and LAWMEN lol.

EDIT: Even if there were not, what would your point be? That without government exerting force on people there would be shootouts? You realize we still have shootouts, right?

Last edited:

"Cole Younger"
"John Wesley Hardin"
"New Mexico regulators"

Are you high? There was government when that shit happened lol. The OK Corral was a shootout between cowboys and LAWMEN lol.

EDIT: Even if there were not, what would your point be? That without government exerting force on people there would be shootouts? You realize we still have shootouts, right?

Only one man at the ok corral was a legimate lawman, and he had orders from his boss not to harrass the Clantons.

There was no government outside the army posts.

read your history books, look online. I have an advantage. I live here.

"Cole Younger"
"John Wesley Hardin"
"New Mexico regulators"

Only one man at the ok corral was a legimate lawman, and he had orders from his boss not to harrass the Clantons.

There was no government outside the army posts.

read your history books, look online. I have an advantage. I live here.

Listen, if there were lawmen, then there was some form of government in the area. You didn't answer my question as to how this makes any kind of point?

Yeah....you let us know when that happens.

handjob.gif

It was more than a shootout, which brings me to the point, which i left out previously.

All the west, now called the old west was without government. In name, we had government, in reality it was ruled by the ones who had consolidated the most money and power. In much of the west this was possible by the fact there is little available water, the laws here are still first come-first claim. Before a drop of rainwater hits the ground in Arizona, it has a claim on it. That's no joke.

This created a society that was ruled by who had the ability to intimidate, harrass or kill whomever they opposed.
Yep, you can have a society with no government, but none of us would want to live in it unless we were the rich guy with 1000 hired guns

Forcing people at gunpoint?
What have I been missing?

No nation in history has ever had the power of the United States Government and used it less

Last edited:

You can certainly have society without government lol. In fact, a "good" society wouldn't need threats of violence to subordinate the citizens because "good" people behave morally.

How do achieve this shift in human nature in which everone is "good"?!?! You're as loony as the Marxists. :lmao:

How do achieve this shift in human nature in which everone is "good"?!?! You're as loony as the Marxists. :lmao:

How am I loony? Where did I ever say that people would all of a sudden become good because of something? lol.

Forum List

Back