Does it bother you that our entire government is based on forcing people via gunpoint

While that may be true...
Thank you for agreeing with my position.

...most of us live in the real world and my question stands, "how do you enforce laws, if someone absolutely refuses to comply?"
Your question is not relevant to what I said.
Then what you said isn't relevant to the thread.
But it is entirely relevant to the post it was in response to.

If you look a few posts before that, you'll find my initial post in this topic, which states that ALL govnernment is force of some sort.

Forced to let them take upwards of 30% of my income, therefor them taking ownership over 30% of my time and labor.

There are more but I'll keep it simple. Basically, anything I want to to that isn't harming other people, yet I am prohibited from doing.

And just how do you expect for all the utilities and resources that are the "commons" to be used by you to be paid for? Taxes pay for the military, roads, water purification and distribution, emergency medical treatment, food inspection, quality enforcement for all the products you use, etc., etc.

Your last statement is (again) vague...but can only be applied to wanting to smoke marijuana as a recreation. Well, alcohol was once prohibited...now it's not. It's up to the PEOPLE to change the laws.....and depending upon detrimental effect to parts of the populace, "bad" laws eventually get changed.

So essentially, your "at gunpoint" statement is at best an exaggeration.

There are countless examples of private roads/utilities/etc functioning just fine. There is no reason a power company can't strike up a private contract with citizens to provide them power. In fact, the majority of roads are paid for with private money (tax payer money) and then built by private companies. The government is basically a middle man.

As for the rest of your statements, sure marijuana could be one example. Maybe I prefer meth? or crack? or riding without my seatbelt? or smoking indoors? or not killing people overseas to make dude's I don't even know rich? or maybe I'm just fine with my lightbulb, I could literally go on forever.

What do you consider legitimate and what does a government do, if someone absolutely refuses to comply?

And just how do you expect for all the utilities and resources that are the "commons" to be used by you to be paid for? Taxes pay for the military, roads, water purification and distribution, emergency medical treatment, food inspection, quality enforcement for all the products you use, etc., etc.

Your last statement is (again) vague...but can only be applied to wanting to smoke marijuana as a recreation. Well, alcohol was once prohibited...now it's not. It's up to the PEOPLE to change the laws.....and depending upon detrimental effect to parts of the populace, "bad" laws eventually get changed.

So essentially, your "at gunpoint" statement is at best an exaggeration.

There are countless examples of private roads/utilities/etc functioning just fine. There is no reason a power company can't strike up a private contract with citizens to provide them power. In fact, the majority of roads are paid for with private money (tax payer money) and then built by private companies. The government is basically a middle man.

As for the rest of your statements, sure marijuana could be one example. Maybe I prefer meth? or crack? or riding without my seatbelt? or smoking indoors? or not killing people overseas to make dude's I don't even know rich? or maybe I'm just fine with my lightbulb, I could literally go on forever.

What do you consider legitimate and what does a government do, if someone absolutely refuses to comply?

What do you mean what do I consider legitimate? I told you what they do, they come to your house with badges and guns and you can resist and get killed or you can get tossed in a cage.

Thank you for agreeing with my position.

Your question is not relevant to what I said.

If you look a few posts before that, you'll find my initial post in this topic, which states that ALL govnernment is force of some sort.

You posted a truism that has no relationship to the real world. You're playing with words, IMO, and leaving out a lot of the relevant parts of posts. So, I agree with your statement, but my assertion is also correct, that your posts aren't really adding anything relevant to the topic at hand.

What do you mean what do I consider legitimate? I told you what they do, they come to your house with badges and guns and you can resist and get killed or you can get tossed in a cage.

That doesn't answer the question. I asked what laws do YOU consider legitimate and what does a government do with someone who refuses to comply? You're the one that said "any agenda" in the OP. Are you telling us you're an anarchist?

You posted a truism that has no relationship to the real world.
So? I agreed with something someone else posted.
You agree that what I said may be true.
:dunno:

You seem to have a perception problem. I didn't say it "may be true". I agreed it IS true, just not very helpful or on point.

That doesn't answer the question. I asked what laws do YOU consider legitimate and what does a government do with someone who refuses to comply? You're the one that said "any agenda" in the OP. Are you telling us you're an anarchist?

I'm not sure this thread was meant to be a discussion about me and my specific feelings. It was more a question about how the general USMB population feels about government and its use of force in order to push its agenda.

I don't consider any laws legitimate because I didn't agree to any of them lol. I'm much too big of a coward to risk the cage/gun though so I follow where I must.

I've told you what they do if you don't cooperate several times.

You seem to have a perception problem. I didn't say it "may be true". I agreed it IS true, just not very helpful or on point.
Speaking of perception problems...

It was very much on point to the post I responded to.

But, I'm glad you agree with me.
:eusa_clap:

I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow...

George Washington and the founding fathers and the Shays and Whiskey rebellions?:eusa_shhh:

There is no debate on this. It has been this way since the very beginning. The alarmist rhetoric coming from misfits aside, we the people grant government the right to act by force of arms in our name.

Don't like it? Change the Constitution

closed case

I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow...

George Washington and the founding fathers and the Shays and Whiskey rebellions?:eusa_shhh:

There is no debate on this. It has been this way since the very beginning. The alarmist rhetoric coming from misfits aside, we the people grant government the right to act by force of arms in our name.

closed case

Yeah nobody is saying laws aren't there or any other bullshit you just put forth. Despite circumstances being as they are, people can still discuss other ideas.

I also don't recall signing, agreeing to, ratifying the Constitution.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.
George Washington

This is the nature of government and also the reason why we need to be ever vigilant

closed case

Yeah nobody is saying laws aren't there or any other bullshit you just put forth. Despite circumstances being as they are, people can still discuss other ideas.

anarchy?

closed case

anarchy?

What about anarchy? Are you asking if I personally want anarchy? Think it is superior to forced coercion? Spit it out?

Why can you never stay on the fucking topic?

I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow any agenda, no matter how well intentioned or successful it may or may not be.

Does it bother you that I can't rape and murder your daughter without someone arresting me and calling it a crime.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.
George Washington
This is the nature of government and also the reason why we need to be ever vigilant
Some people believe that the government knows what is best for them and shall always have the kindest of intentions in everything it does.
These people are known as "useful idiots".

I feel it is quite unjust and immoral to force people at gunpoint to follow any agenda, no matter how well intentioned or successful it may or may not be.

Does it bother you that I can't rape and murder your daughter without someone arresting me and calling it a crime.

LOL!!!

The better question is, do you think raping and murdering my daughter is harder because government exists? The answer is no. It's not like the police are sitting outside my fictitious daughter's house right now protecting her from your dangerous intentions!

With or without it, bitches be getting raped.

anarchy?

What about anarchy? Are you asking if I personally want anarchy? Think it is superior to forced coercion? Spit it out?

Why can you never stay on the fucking topic?

because your principles always seem to be all over the place

Forum List

Back