🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews?

You are engaging in absurd historical revisionism----your
point seems to be that all of Israel at that time belonged
to something called "THE CULT OF THE PHARISEES"--
who were just as excited with "Pharisee" was the Bobov are excited with BOBOV--------you are very confused.
However----I will give you this-----your model would work
IF Judaism at that time was even in the slightest degree----
centralized and united------it wasn't It was broken into
dozens of different and disagreeing groups--

Duh..

The one thing that united every single branch and sub sect of the dozens of different and disagreeing groups in Judaism at the time was the belief that Kosher Law was about what one makes for dinner.

Even now, do any Jews, believers or unbelievers, observant or secular, orthodox or reform think its about anything else?

Pharisees Sadducees, scribes, doctors of the law and lawyers were all embarrassed and publicly humiliated by Jesus who they all reviled, with a few exceptions, as a low class and uncultured nobody most likely completely out of his mind...

Cult of the Pharisees?

You are quite the ditz.

Oh now I understand-----you are one of those "educated"
guys who insist that Jesus ate bacon and eggs for breakfast.
For those who do not know------there is nothing at all in the NT to suggest that Jesus ate bacon and eggs

mostly the idea to which Hobe alludes comes from a line
in the Gospel of Matthew-----a work scholars agree was done about 80 AD --by an unknown author -----Jesus refuses to wash his hands before eating and says "it is not what goes in my mouth which defiles me it is what comes out" This is the line that some idiots use to insist that jesus ate bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches. ----
At that luncheon----Jesus was lunching with Pharisee friends----the way things were at that time-----one lunched with one's party------and dems never lunched with the repubs. And that's about it folks-----a work written by an
unknown-----about 80 years after Jesus was crucified----
----the man refused to wash his hands. I have to admit---
refusing to wash hands -----would be really a FAUX PAS---
---quite a statement -----I like to eat with dirty hands

I don't dispute it either. And for those that dispute that Christ existed, there is Nicodemus. Read what he had to say about Jesus, the Christ.

Indeed. It matters not who wrote the 66 Books of the Bible. They were written by over 40 different men. What matters most is who was the author of these 66 Books. It is clear that the author was outside or dimension and at a vantage point from where He could see the beginning and the end. It is perfectly clear that the author of all 66 Book of the Bible was the Logos.
The a
I don't see the point of the thread......does it matter to us if someone makes the wrong choice and is an atheist or makes the wrong choice and is Jewish?.......

The point of the thread is if so many Jews do not believe their own Bible why should Christians. These are not 3 ignorant men I mentioned in the OP either.

That's funny.

And here I thought all along that the thread title made it perfectly clear that the point was to incite animosity in Christians against Jews....

No that was not the point. Tell me how intelligent Jews are atheist and then some Christians live and breathe the OT and see Jesus portrayed all over in it from page 1, don't BS me, I know many live and breathe every prophecy in the OT.

I will tell you, Penelope----some very intelligent jews, and some very intelligent Christians ----are atheists You are right about that. As to the bible-----you are not equipped to understand it--------you are completely unfamiliar with the symbolism used in both Hebrew and Aramaic writings----of
course some of the NT was written in greek----but some of that was SUPPOSEDLY quoting Aramaic speakers-----All of those issue must be kept in mind when reading the books---
you are not equipped

Christopher Hitchens, Samuel Harris, Bill Maher? They also say that 50% or better in Israel are secular, and even the PM Bibl is secular, and most of the Zionist were atheist. Does that not make you wonder why they do not believe the OT is the word of God?
Bill Maher isn't a Jew. He was raised Catholic.

Apparently his mother is technically jewish----by virtue of her being a child of a jewish mother. ------for jews that makes him a jew who is not at all observant------that's all------he left the fold-------but he could "repent"-------(not likely)

I worry incessantly about the behavior of Brazilians----
they do not "keep kosher"

Actually, I worry most what Obama is going to do.

I worry about the weather------there is some kind of cold thing
coming my way--------I also worry about the price of eggs---
and milk. I do not use a whole lot of eggs and milk---
but to me it is SYMBOLIC-----also the price of a 5lb bag
of flour........... <sigh>

I worry about the impending world wide scarcity of chocolate....

Holy Cow!! That's serious! Now I'm worried!

fret not-----the elders of zion have been stockpiling it for
years. -------chocolate, oatmeal, and honey have virtually
INFINITE shelf lives. --------think of dreidel shaped chocolate
chip oatmeal cookies

The Elders of Zion told me to piss off. They said the rumor that they had chocolate was a Conspiracy Theory.

I'm deeply concerned about world wide chocolate reserves :(

I don't dispute it either. And for those that dispute that Christ existed, there is Nicodemus. Read what he had to say about Jesus, the Christ.

Indeed. It matters not who wrote the 66 Books of the Bible. They were written by over 40 different men. What matters most is who was the author of these 66 Books. It is clear that the author was outside or dimension and at a vantage point from where He could see the beginning and the end. It is perfectly clear that the author of all 66 Book of the Bible was the Logos.
The a
I don't see the point of the thread......does it matter to us if someone makes the wrong choice and is an atheist or makes the wrong choice and is Jewish?.......

The point of the thread is if so many Jews do not believe their own Bible why should Christians. These are not 3 ignorant men I mentioned in the OP either.

That's funny.

And here I thought all along that the thread title made it perfectly clear that the point was to incite animosity in Christians against Jews....

No that was not the point. Tell me how intelligent Jews are atheist and then some Christians live and breathe the OT and see Jesus portrayed all over in it from page 1, don't BS me, I know many live and breathe every prophecy in the OT.

I will tell you, Penelope----some very intelligent jews, and some very intelligent Christians ----are atheists You are right about that. As to the bible-----you are not equipped to understand it--------you are completely unfamiliar with the symbolism used in both Hebrew and Aramaic writings----of
course some of the NT was written in greek----but some of that was SUPPOSEDLY quoting Aramaic speakers-----All of those issue must be kept in mind when reading the books---
you are not equipped

No I'm aware of the symbolism and metaphors, I don't take it literally, many RC's do not take it literally. Also one does not need to know Hebrew or Aramaic, to understand the symbolism. The bible needs to be taken in the time it was wrote and by who wrote what, also the politics behind it. What one needs it to learn the ancient history of the cultures, without that one is reading a fairy tale.

The a

That's funny.

you are not equipped

No I'm aware of the symbolism and metaphors, I don't take it literally, many RC's do not take it literally. Also one does not need to know Hebrew or Aramaic, to understand the symbolism. The bible needs to be taken in the time it was wrote and by who wrote what, also the politics behind it. What one needs it to learn the ancient history of the cultures, without that one is reading a fairy tale.

that's quite hilarious Penelope------I have no intention of
trying to find those places in which you so clearly got
screwed up on biblical quotations-----I will point them out when you screw them up again I assure you----you are
not equipped to read either the old or new testament---even
in translation------you have no notion of the symbolism or the times

Actually, I worry most what Obama is going to do.

chip oatmeal cookies

The Elders of Zion told me to piss off. They said the rumor that they had chocolate was a Conspiracy Theory.

This is serious. This involves national defense. I want to know who's been hoarding it? Head are gonna roll!!

chip oatmeal cookies

This is serious. This involves national defense. I want to know who's been hoarding it? Head are gonna roll!!

the heads cannot roll------the HONEY is all over the "BLOCKS" the heads will STICK -----however---
all of the honey and cocoa powder and ----tubs of oat meal---were obtained legally and there is no reason for any government intervention------it's for a good cause. The stuff is catalogued and being stored in kosher kitchens around the country------in my house---I have my part in a closet----not all people consider my kitchen all that kosher

Does it ever bother Muslims that Islamic extremist attack and kill innocent non Muslims? Is that an issue we can bring up? because, Muslims aren't looking so cute and innocent. And THEY know it. Jews and Christians and even nihilists don't pull half the crap MUSLIMS have, strapping on bombs and cynically murdering innocent people. Islam, and Palestinians, that is what they do.

Last edited:

chip oatmeal cookies

the heads cannot roll------the HONEY is all over the "BLOCKS" the heads will STICK -----however---
all of the honey and cocoa powder and ----tubs of oat meal---were obtained legally and there is no reason for any government intervention------it's for a good cause. The stuff is catalogued and being stored in kosher kitchens around the country------in my house---I have my part in a closet----not all people consider my kitchen all that kosher

Sounds like TREASON to me. I'm scrambling a couple of Stealth's as we speak. This is a night that will go down in infamy!! You have awakened a sleeping giant.

Does it ever bother Muslims that Islamic extremist attack and kill innocent non Muslims? Is that an issue we can bring up? because, Muslims aren't looking so cute and innocent. And THEY know it. Jews and Christians and even nihilists don't pull half the crap MUSLIMS have, strapping on bombs and cynically murdering innocent people. Islam, and Palestinians, that is what they do.

Yes, MaryL.

It does bother them.

chip oatmeal cookies

Sounds like TREASON to me. I'm scrambling a couple of Stealth's as we speak. This is a night that will go down in infamy!! You have awakened a sleeping giant.

:eusa_shifty: ...I've been hoarding Cadbury Chocolate Flake bars....

chip oatmeal cookies

I have checked----the Elders say its ok for you to do that ---
not all of Cadbury is kosher-----someone has to store the
TREIF

I have checked----the Elders say its ok for you to do that ---
not all of Cadbury is kosher-----someone has to store the
TREIF

Store it...

what? for who?

It's mine. All mine.

Last edited:

Yes, MaryL.

It does bother them.

Not if they read and believe in the Qur'an. It explains that the ones that martyr themselves are held in higher regarded by Allah, but those who don't strap on the bombs are suppose to pray and support those that do because the end goal is the same for both. Dead infidels.

chip oatmeal cookies

Off with your head!!

If you treat the Bible as symbolism and metaphor, then the Bible means nothing more than what ever you conjure up as an explanation of what it means. It would become your word and the persons word sitting next to you's word, and my meaning and someone else's meaning... If what you read is a metaphor, it makes that clear in the context. Christ spoke in parables, but they were defined as parables and He explained them to His inner core of disciples. They don't have to guess what He meant and neither do we.

Take it literally. It will make so much more sense. Don't add to it with your understanding, or take away from it. If you run into something that defies your logic, remember who you are dealing with. The one that created and controls the universe we live in. Take His word for it. And pray for wisdom, understanding and discernment. It will all be made clear.

If you treat the Bible as symbolism and metaphor, then the Bible means nothing more than what ever you conjure up as an explanation of what it means. It would become your word and the persons word sitting next to you's word, and my meaning and someone else's meaning... If what you read is a metaphor, it makes that clear in the context. Christ spoke in parables, but they were defined as parables and He explained them to His inner core of disciples. They don't have to guess what He meant and neither do we.

Take it literally. It will make so much more sense. Don't add to it with your understanding, or take away from it. If you run into something that defies your logic, remember who you are dealing with. The one that created and controls the universe we live in. Take His word for it. And pray for wisdom, understanding and discernment. It will all be made clear.

not quite------if you do not know the USUAL poetic style of
Hebrew and Aramaic----the colloquialism----and the styles
of expression-----you cannot read the bible. I will provide a
simple example. If you see----the words "he went up...."---
in the bible-----where he went ---depends on where he WAS at the start and where he was going. Going "UP"---means
"UP" In normal usage the highest point is the Jerusalem
Temple-------Being in Jerusalem----UP is to the Temple---
outside of Jerusalem "UP" is to Jerusalem and outside of
the land of Israel "UP" is to Israel. It is actually amazing
how much you miss if you do not know this simple language
usage (for the record----this particular usage has never
changed) It is noting complicate ----simply a conventional usage that Penelope does not know

Well that is the problem , people taking it literally just like Muslims taking the Quran literally. If Jews still took it literally they would still be stoning and some still do as I posted a while back. I would suggest reading outside of the bible and the history. The bible tells more about men and how they viewed God than God , human culture, God did not write the bible nor did it fall from the sky. Tell me did Jonah survive in the big fish? The Bible is not mean to taken literally, I do believe the stories of some of the battles though, so some of the Israelites history has some truth to the stories.
Human sacrifices to God was real, then they begun the animal sacrifices but the human sacrifices were used when times got real bad. One needs to read the Bible with the blinders off, and quit listening to these preachers spin on it.

Forum List

Back