🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews?

BS you made a big mistake-----you have decided that the
bobov are identical to the Pharisees of the time of Jesus----
Of course the Bobov did not teach you about Jesus----they
probably hardly mentioned him ----or did so with disdain. The Bobov are not Pharisees-------they are chassidim from
Europe ----no question that they are ----ideologically
related to the Pharisees----- a bit-----but in no way----clones.

They may have claimed to be "Pharisee" -----but they are
not. Jesus was Pharisee. You got a link to those riots
enacted by Pharisees against other jews in the streets of
Jerusalem? Your claim to insight into the reaction
that the common guy in the street had to the Pharisees ---
based on your negative reaction to bobov chassidim ----is
silly. You make the mistake of BELIEVING that the
Pharisees CONTROLLED things-----nope----they were
on the PERIPHERY------virtually outlaws at times. It was te
Sadducees who were the IN GROUP-----in with the romans and with Herod and-----IN in general. Virtually all the people that the romans crucified were PHARISEES

Damn. You sure like to put words into my mouth and then argue with that. Talk about scattered thinking and confusion..

I never said that I had a negative reaction to the Bobov. Some of the best times of my life happened while I was living there. I said my mind was opened to understand the problem that Jesus had with the Pharisees while I was living among them. I never said the Bobov were pharisees even though like the Pharisees they based their literal observance and application of the Law on the Mishna and Gemara, the oral 'traditions of men' that Jesus reviled as something that rendered the law null and void by obstructing understanding of the deeper implications of the words and subjects hidden by the figurative language used in the Law, making the life promised for compliance impossible to attain..

Pay attention.

What is similar between the Pharisees and the Bobov is their claim of mosaic authority over the written and oral law, the oral law the Saducees, mainly an aristocratic and priestly class, rejected.

Jesus had a problem with both the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

They Pharisees were not outlaws with no power. They imposed strict observance of Mosaic law under penalty of death on the population while the Sadducees were busy slaughtering farm animals..

Your writing suggested that you found that to which jesus
object AMONGST the Bobov-----therefore it was logical
for me to construe that you found something objectionable
about the Bobov. Regarding this present post you
wrote----it evinces a REMARKABLE level of ignorance----
You conferred an immense amount of POWER---POLITICALLY and LEGALLY to the Pharisees----when,,,
in fact, they had NONE. There is no record of any person
at that time being judicially executed by a jewish court -----
not that the jewish courts had no power to execute----they did--but one of the features of the Pharisee approach is to
AVOID execution-------they managed to do that with a kind
of "search for the loophole" sophistry. One of the silliest
aspects of the revisionist history of the early Christians is their ASSERTION that "DA JOOOS HAD NO POWER TO INFLICT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT----because the romans would not let them-------that is BS. It is a
revision needed to explain why the roman prelate Pontius
Pilate "HAD TO DO IT---TO PLEASE DA JOOOOS"<<<<
one of the most nefarious BS construct of history. ------
read it-----it's right there in the book
Your discussion is interesting but whoever prevails is not going to claim much ground over the larger questions.

Christianity and its lay to claims needs to be judged on what has transpired the last 2000 years, not on who has the most accurate translation or meaning in the Bible. I also believe what has transpired over history to the Jewish people is more tangible evidence they were singled out or favored by G-d than is a discussion over their Scriptures.
'
ok but I am a cynic-----I think anyone can elaborate
an ethnocentric eplanation of the past's relationship to
MANIFEST DESTINY------but I do like yours------deep down-----somewhere in the mesenteric autonomic ganglia

probably hardly mentioned him ----or did so with disdain. The Bobov are not Pharisees-------they are chassidim from

Sadducees who were the IN GROUP-----in with the romans and with Herod and-----IN in general. Virtually all the people that the romans crucified were PHARISEES

Damn. You sure like to put words into my mouth and then argue with that. Talk about scattered thinking and confusion..

I never said that I had a negative reaction to the Bobov. Some of the best times of my life happened while I was living there. I said my mind was opened to understand the problem that Jesus had with the Pharisees while I was living among them. I never said the Bobov were pharisees even though like the Pharisees they based their literal observance and application of the Law on the Mishna and Gemara, the oral 'traditions of men' that Jesus reviled as something that rendered the law null and void by obstructing understanding of the deeper implications of the words and subjects hidden by the figurative language used in the Law, making the life promised for compliance impossible to attain..

Pay attention.

What is similar between the Pharisees and the Bobov is their claim of mosaic authority over the written and oral law, the oral law the Saducees, mainly an aristocratic and priestly class, rejected.

They Pharisees were not outlaws with no power. They imposed strict observance of Mosaic law under penalty of death on the population while the Sadducees were busy slaughtering farm animals..

You conferred an immense amount of POWER---POLITICALLY and LEGALLY to the Pharisees----when,,,
not that the jewish courts had no power to execute----they did--but one of the features of the Pharisee approach is to
aspects of the revisionist history of the early Christians is their ASSERTION that "DA JOOOS HAD NO POWER TO INFLICT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT----because the romans would not let them-------that is BS. It is a
Your discussion is interesting but whoever prevails is not going to claim much ground over the larger questions.

Christianity and its lay to claims needs to be judged on what has transpired the last 2000 years, not on who has the most accurate translation or meaning in the Bible. I also believe what has transpired over history to the Jewish people is more tangible evidence they were singled out or favored by G-d than is a discussion over their Scriptures.
'
MANIFEST DESTINY------but I do like yours------deep down-----somewhere in the mesenteric autonomic ganglia
I don’t even know what you are being sarcastic about? Christianity’s “manifest destiny,” or I missed it entirely?

By the way, I am perfectly fine with anyone criticizing Christianity, but only for the right reasons. If some go no further than to single out zealous Christian sects eager to help Israel solely to help usher in the end times, well we can’t look good. Or the countless voices claiming to be the most Biblical clashing with one another and all the while still looking like Pharisees or hypocrites. Those are easy attacks but not legitimate reasons (in my mind) to challenge the core dogma of the faith, specifically the Catholic faith,. We know the “smoke of satan” has entered the walls in many of our churches. It’s a war and men fall easily.

Christopher Hitchens, Samuel Harris, Bill Maher? They also say that 50% or better in Israel are secular, and even the PM Bibl is secular, and most of the Zionist were atheist. Does that not make you wonder why they do not believe the OT is the word of God?

Why should it bother Christians or Japanese or the French or anyone else what Jews do? Does it bother Jews what Brazilians do?

I worry incessantly about the behavior of Brazilians----
they do not "keep kosher"

Actually, I worry most what Obama is going to do.

I worry about the weather------there is some kind of cold thing
coming my way--------I also worry about the price of eggs---
and milk. I do not use a whole lot of eggs and milk---
but to me it is SYMBOLIC-----also the price of a 5lb bag
of flour........... <sigh>

I worry about the impending world wide scarcity of chocolate....

I don't see the point of the thread......does it matter to us if someone makes the wrong choice and is an atheist or makes the wrong choice and is Jewish?.......

The point of the thread is if so many Jews do not believe their own Bible why should Christians. These are not 3 ignorant men I mentioned in the OP either.

Pay attention.

'
I don’t even know what you are being sarcastic about? Christianity’s “manifest destiny,” or I missed it entirely?

By the way, I am perfectly fine with anyone criticizing Christianity, but only for the right reasons. If some go no further than to single out zealous Christian sects eager to help Israel solely to help usher in the end times, well we can’t look good. Or the countless voices claiming to be the most Biblical clashing with one another and all the while still looking like Pharisees or hypocrites. Those are easy attacks but not legitimate reasons (in my mind) to challenge the core dogma of the faith, specifically the Catholic faith,. We know the “smoke of satan” has entered the walls in many of our churches. It’s a war and men fall easily.

I was not being sarcastic and certainly not attacking
Christianity-----in fact my comment could more LOGICALLY
be considered an attack on JEWS AS A NATION----in
that I kinda denied the "chosen for a bit giant plan"----
idea----which----btw is part and parcel of the all important
prophecy of Isaiah. ----remember the "nation shall not lift
up sword against nation....."? thing----that is ---the coming
messianic era at which time-----everyone will "wisdom will radiate from Jerusalem" -----its a hot jewish thing
(a think I call "manifest destiny")

Christopher Hitchens, Samuel Harris, Bill Maher? They also say that 50% or better in Israel are secular, and even the PM Bibl is secular, and most of the Zionist were atheist. Does that not make you wonder why they do not believe the OT is the word of God?

Why should it bother Christians or Japanese or the French or anyone else what Jews do? Does it bother Jews what Brazilians do?

SHHHHHH <hush up>> the elders of zion have determined that the CHOCOLATE NAKBA----must be
kept under wraps ---------think of the impending holidays---
whole cultures will fall ...............not to mention family fortunes

Holy Cow!! That's serious! Now I'm worried!

Holy Cow!! That's serious! Now I'm worried!

fret not-----the elders of zion have been stockpiling it for
years. -------chocolate, oatmeal, and honey have virtually
INFINITE shelf lives. --------think of dreidel shaped chocolate
chip oatmeal cookies

I don't see the point of the thread......does it matter to us if someone makes the wrong choice and is an atheist or makes the wrong choice and is Jewish?.......

The point of the thread is if so many Jews do not believe their own Bible why should Christians. These are not 3 ignorant men I mentioned in the OP either.

That's funny.

And here I thought all along that the thread title made it perfectly clear that the point was to incite animosity in Christians against Jews....

Do I have to explain it, the Jewish Bible and Christian NT equal one book, Jesus supposedly was a Jew. Evan and fundy Christin's have Jesus all through the Ot and the Zionist Christians are supporting Israel like Jesus is suppose to come back in the clouds , when so many of the Zionist are atheists. What does that say about Christianity which is rather dependent on the OT for some Christians anyway. Its a big deal if one really thinks about it.

What it says to Christians is that the scales placed on the Jews eyes until the Age of the Gentile is complete, is a temporary condition and when the time is right, Christ is coming back, to them, to us, and we will all know His loving kindness.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come.

Exactly.

the authorship of the book of "ROMANS"----is in dispute----
the traditional attribution is to Paul----but many scholars dispute that allegation and date it to some time in
the fourth century-------in any case it is clear that whoever
wrote it -----never met Jesus . Anyone with a brain can discern the fact that it represents the thinking of Christian scholars of the fourth century---------Christian theology DEVELOPING
isn't it cute how one atheist with a hair up his ass automatically becomes "many scholars"......you need to stop reading AtheistsRUs websites......

maybe because the fact other people get things wrong does not mean you have to......

Hobe---you are the product of Sunday school ---did you
color pictures of Jesus holding a lamb? The people likely
to be barred from the Temple would be PHARISEES----
they were not doing the barring----they were too busy
hanging off crosses

LOL... I never went to Sunday school.. And you really need to try and pay attention. The Pharisees had no power at all except over every detail of daily life of the people who like you held them in such high esteem to the point that they would avenge every perceived insult against them as if the insulting person killed the Pope or made fun of Mother Theresa.

Yes they were crucified by the thousands and Jesus was probably born and raised a Pharisee to the bone until he strayed from the status quo and questioned the intelligence of the teaching that the concern of God and subject of Kosher Law was about what one makes for dinner.

The very suggestion that the teachings of the Pharisees based on a thousand year tradition of oral law that Kosher law was to be understood and applied literally was itself the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate was more than enough to throw the people who had devoted an entire lifetime and barrels of shekels in support of that very teaching into an embarrassed and murderous rage.

Ever try to tell a priest that God isn't edible or question the virgin birth to their face? you'd see it turn red in seconds flat trying to contain the rage and restrain the urge to choke the life out of you. Funny stuff..

Few had the constitution to respond to such a surprising and unexpected revelation in the way that scripture requires.

It was much easier to accuse Jesus of being out of his mind..

Some things never change..,....

Last edited:
Hobe---you are the product of Sunday school ---did you
color pictures of Jesus holding a lamb? The people likely
to be barred from the Temple would be PHARISEES----
they were not doing the barring----they were too busy
hanging off crosses

LOL... I never went to Sunday school.. And you really need to try and pay attention. The Pharisees had no power at all except over every detail of daily life of the people who like you held them in such high esteem to the point that they would avenge every perceived insult against them as if the insulting person killed the Pope or made fun of Mother Theresa.

Yes they were crucified by the thousands and Jesus was probably born and raised a Pharisee to the bone until he strayed from the status quo and questioned the intelligence of the teaching that the concern of God and subject of Kosher Law was about what one makes for dinner.

The very suggestion that the teachings of the Pharisees based on a thousand year tradition of oral law that Kosher law was to be understood and applied literally was itself the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate was more than enough to throw the people who had devoted an entire lifetime and barrels of shekels in support of that very teaching into an embarrassed and murderous rage.

Ever try to tell a priest that God isn't edible?

Such a surprising and unexpected revelation few had the constitution to respond to in the way that scripture requires.

It was much easier to accuse Jesus of being out of his mind..

Some things never change..,....

You are engaging in absurd historical revisionism----your
point seems to be that all of Israel at that time belonged
to something called "THE CULT OF THE PHARISEES"--
who were just as excited with "Pharisee" was the Bobov are excited with BOBOV--------you are very confused.
However----I will give you this-----your model would work
IF Judaism at that time was even in the slightest degree----
centralized and united------it wasn't It was broken into
dozens of different and disagreeing groups----and even the
KING was ------an outsider as were the Priests -----I was fascinated with your description of the SADDUCEES as some kind of "PRIESTLY CASTE"-----wrong again------the
Sadducees were a kind of sect-----the ones eligible to be priests-----ie Cohens----got the job because they tended to
be PRO ROMAN-----but the cohens of those days were by no means mostly sadducees. From the POV of the Pharisees -----only the bum cohens were. Then you messed yourself up with the fascinating idea that the Pharisees were something like the "Chassidic rabbis"----
wrong again. What is true is that they were highly literate---
but were not cult leaders. ---only some of them were----
for this or that group------and there were cult leaders for that
or this group. You even overestimate the POWER of those
who were cult leaders as if they controlled the country ---heart and soul as an ENTITY-----sheeeesh----even the Chassidic leaders in Brooklyn don't do that------do you think
that the SATMARS gave a damn about rabbi schneerson??======be careful----if you say yes----I will know you to be
a fraud. BTW what insult to what rabbi caused a riot
in which people were stoned to death? It certainly has not
happened in the past 40 years

You are engaging in absurd historical revisionism----your
point seems to be that all of Israel at that time belonged
to something called "THE CULT OF THE PHARISEES"--
who were just as excited with "Pharisee" was the Bobov are excited with BOBOV--------you are very confused.
However----I will give you this-----your model would work
IF Judaism at that time was even in the slightest degree----
centralized and united------it wasn't It was broken into
dozens of different and disagreeing groups--

Duh..

The one thing that united every single branch and sub sect of the dozens of different and disagreeing groups in Judaism at the time was the belief that Kosher Law was about what one makes for dinner.

Even now, do any Jews, believers or unbelievers, observant or secular, orthodox or reform think its about anything else?

Pharisees Sadducees, scribes, doctors of the law and lawyers were all embarrassed and publicly humiliated by Jesus who they all reviled, with a few exceptions, as a low class and uncultured nobody most likely completely out of his mind...

Cult of the Pharisees?

You are quite the ditz.

Last edited:
I would think it would mean more to Christians to know that so many SO CALLED JEWS have taken LIBERALISM as their religion of choice, and all the shit that goes with being a liberal!

I don't dispute it either. And for those that dispute that Christ existed, there is Nicodemus. Read what he had to say about Jesus, the Christ.

Indeed. It matters not who wrote the 66 Books of the Bible. They were written by over 40 different men. What matters most is who was the author of these 66 Books. It is clear that the author was outside or dimension and at a vantage point from where He could see the beginning and the end. It is perfectly clear that the author of all 66 Book of the Bible was the Logos.
The a

That's funny.

And here I thought all along that the thread title made it perfectly clear that the point was to incite animosity in Christians against Jews....

No that was not the point. Tell me how intelligent Jews are atheist and then some Christians live and breathe the OT and see Jesus portrayed all over in it from page 1, don't BS me, I know many live and breathe every prophecy in the OT.

No that was not the point. Tell me how intelligent Jews are atheist and then some Christians live and breathe the OT and see Jesus portrayed all over in it from page 1, don't BS me, I know many live and breathe every prophecy in the OT.

Listen penelope, I agreed with you that Jesus was not a pharisee, but don't go running for a touchdown thinking that I share your antisemitism or would support it by sowing discord between Christians and Jews especially over such stupid questions...

You really need to try another perfume...

I don't dispute it either. And for those that dispute that Christ existed, there is Nicodemus. Read what he had to say about Jesus, the Christ.

Indeed. It matters not who wrote the 66 Books of the Bible. They were written by over 40 different men. What matters most is who was the author of these 66 Books. It is clear that the author was outside or dimension and at a vantage point from where He could see the beginning and the end. It is perfectly clear that the author of all 66 Book of the Bible was the Logos.
The a

That's funny.

Frankly Scarlet . . .

Forum List

Back