🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews?

No I'm aware of the symbolism and metaphors, I don't take it literally, many RC's do not take it literally. Also one does not need to know Hebrew or Aramaic, to understand the symbolism. The bible needs to be taken in the time it was wrote and by who wrote what, also the politics behind it. What one needs it to learn the ancient history of the cultures, without that one is reading a fairy tale.

If you treat the Bible as symbolism and metaphor, then the Bible means nothing more than what ever you conjure up as an explanation of what it means. It would become your word and the persons word sitting next to you's word, and my meaning and someone else's meaning... If what you read is a metaphor, it makes that clear in the context. Christ spoke in parables, but they were defined as parables and He explained them to His inner core of disciples. They don't have to guess what He meant and neither do we.

Take it literally. It will make so much more sense. Don't add to it with your understanding, or take away from it. If you run into something that defies your logic, remember who you are dealing with. The one that created and controls the universe we live in. Take His word for it. And pray for wisdom, understanding and discernment. It will all be made clear.

not quite------if you do not know the USUAL poetic style of
Hebrew and Aramaic----the colloquialism----and the styles
of expression-----you cannot read the bible. I will provide a
simple example. If you see----the words "he went up...."---
in the bible-----where he went ---depends on where he WAS at the start and where he was going. Going "UP"---means
"UP" In normal usage the highest point is the Jerusalem
Temple-------Being in Jerusalem----UP is to the Temple---
outside of Jerusalem "UP" is to Jerusalem and outside of
the land of Israel "UP" is to Israel. It is actually amazing
how much you miss if you do not know this simple language
usage (for the record----this particular usage has never
changed) It is noting complicate ----simply a conventional usage that Penelope does not know

Oh you don't need to know any other language, there is no hidden meaning , only you know it hey irosie, no hidden message, it is what it says and everyone has their take on it. The Jewish rabbis have wrote volumes on it and so have the Christians, its not that complicated, but some people make it so, like you, no one can , what did they do for centuries when Hebrew was a dead unspoken language, needed to be retaught in the 1900's. So funny.

Well that is the problem , people taking it literally

Oh you don't need to know any other language, there is no hidden meaning , only you know it hey irosie, no hidden message,

First you tell Irish Ram that the bible was not all meant to be taken literally, and I agree, but then you go on to say to Rosie the exact opposite, no hidden message.

Make up your mind.

Oh now I understand-----you are one of those "educated"
guys who insist that Jesus ate bacon and eggs for breakfast.

I see that the teaching of Jesus that Kosher law is not about what one eats and serves for meals still hits some people on the raw...

As if the revelation was absurd or too complicated to grasp.

Makes it hard not to see the stain of unclean flesh on your lips....

No I'm aware of the symbolism and metaphors, I don't take it literally, many RC's do not take it literally. Also one does not need to know Hebrew or Aramaic, to understand the symbolism. The bible needs to be taken in the time it was wrote and by who wrote what, also the politics behind it. What one needs it to learn the ancient history of the cultures, without that one is reading a fairy tale.

If you treat the Bible as symbolism and metaphor, then the Bible means nothing more than what ever you conjure up as an explanation of what it means. It would become your word and the persons word sitting next to you's word, and my meaning and someone else's meaning... If what you read is a metaphor, it makes that clear in the context. Christ spoke in parables, but they were defined as parables and He explained them to His inner core of disciples. They don't have to guess what He meant and neither do we.

Take it literally. It will make so much more sense. Don't add to it with your understanding, or take away from it. If you run into something that defies your logic, remember who you are dealing with. The one that created and controls the universe we live in. Take His word for it. And pray for wisdom, understanding and discernment. It will all be made clear.

Well that is the problem , people taking it literally just like Muslims taking the Quran literally. If Jews still took it literally they would still be stoning and some still do as I posted a while back. I would suggest reading outside of the bible and the history. The bible tells more about men and how they viewed God than God , human culture, God did not write the bible nor did it fall from the sky. Tell me did Jonah survive in the big fish? The Bible is not mean to taken literally, I do believe the stories of some of the battles though, so some of the Israelites history has some truth to the stories.
Human sacrifices to God was real, then they begun the animal sacrifices but the human sacrifices were used when times got real bad. One needs to read the Bible with the blinders off, and quit listening to these preachers spin on it.

Oh you don't need to know any other language, there is no hidden meaning , only you know it hey irosie, no hidden message,

First you tell Irish Ram that the bible was not all meant to be taken literally, and I agree, but then you go on to say to Rosie the exact opposite, no hidden message.

Make up your mind.

can you cite my comment "the bible is not meant to be taken literally? and then "the exact opposite"? you lied

Make up your mind.

can you cite my comment "the bible is not meant to be taken literally? and then "the exact opposite"? you lied

ugh.....I posted the contradictory messages.....Are you also penelope?

Like I said, ditz

Oh now I understand-----you are one of those "educated"
guys who insist that Jesus ate bacon and eggs for breakfast.

I see that the teaching of Jesus that Kosher law is not about what one eats and serves for meals still hits some people on the raw...

your discussion of the "kosher" laws makes no sense. At no point is there any comment in the NT in which Jesus says "kosher law is not about what one eats" It was PAUL he innovated the idea that in order to attract people to the new cut----on would have to do away with dietary laws---and he was right-----you cannot demand of people that they JOIN up despite the fact that it would mean giving
up their customary food-----the writing in "matthew" were
made to concur with the innovative idea

It was not a revelation of Jesus----all jesus did is not wash
his hands. My hubby was born in the Mideast----in a
traditional jewish community -------therefore I get to observe
such people--------there is no question-----HAND
WASHING is a big issue-----not washing one's hands
would be a HUGE INNOVATION. I am fascinated that
even the teenaged boys-------first act on coming home
from the filthy city----they wash their hand----such an
INGRAINED habit. When Jesus did not wash his hands
on the home of his Pharisee friends------even the matthew
story written some 300 years after Jesus died----did not
include him pulling a ham sandwich out of his pocket

<<<<<< ?????? you are a bit nuts

not quite------if you do not know the USUAL poetic style of
Hebrew and Aramaic----the colloquialism----and the styles
of expression-----you cannot read the bible. I will provide a
simple example. If you see----the words "he went up...."---
in the bible-----where he went ---depends on where he WAS at the start and where he was going. Going "UP"---means
"UP" In normal usage the highest point is the Jerusalem
Temple-------Being in Jerusalem----UP is to the Temple---
outside of Jerusalem "UP" is to Jerusalem and outside of
the land of Israel "UP" is to Israel. It is actually amazing
how much you miss if you do not know this simple language
usage (for the record----this particular usage has never
changed) It is noting complicate ----simply a conventional usage that Penelope does not know

Oh you don't need to know any other language, there is no hidden meaning , only you know it hey irosie, no hidden message, it is what it says and everyone has their take on it. The Jewish rabbis have wrote volumes on it and so have the Christians, its not that complicated, but some people make it so, like you, no one can , what did they do for centuries when Hebrew was a dead unspoken language, needed to be retaught in the 1900's. So funny.

Penelope---you are so disgusting and so obviously an idiot parrot of ---the filth of your "people" You also make no sense. to what "other language" do you refer? WHAT is "what it says"? Hebrew has been a language of scholarship during the time that it was generally unspoken---
it was never "dead" Thruout that time real people---
(not the vile filth of your murderous scum) wrote not
only philosophy---but poetry and literature and songs.
What did your scummy people do with all the millions they
murdered in worship of shit and perversity? YOUR SCUM---invented HELL

Make up your mind.

Like I said, ditz

no you did not----scum

Hey don't take it too hard. Christians have absolutely no idea that Jesus taught obedience to the deeper implications of kosher Law and don't seem to have the emotional growth to be able to deal with the information in a sober and mature way either....much less in the way that scripture requires.

Last edited:

Like I said, ditz

no you did not----scum

I accused Penelope of contradicting herself and posted the contradictory quotes Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews Page 23 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and for some mysterious reason you thought I was talking to you, took offense and called me a liar and scum even after I alerted you to your mistake.

Damn Rosie, your brain seems to be having a malfunction, and a bad one by the looks of that foul and smelly discharge.

I think it might be something you ate.

Last edited:

Make up your mind.

I mean Rosie's hidden message, Kabala. There are some meaningful parables of Jesus in it , which at different times in ones life can mean different things, but its not rocket science. God never spoke in the Bible, all men.

Last edited:
Penelope>>>No I'm aware of the symbolism and metaphors, I don't take it literally, many RC's do not take it literally.

rosie>>> you cannot be aware of the symbolism and
metaphors because you do not know the symbolism used
by the Hebrew and Aramaic speakers of those days---or--
in some cases the GREEK. You have already
this fact many times

Also one does not need to know Hebrew or Aramaic, to understand the symbolism. The bible needs to be taken in the time it was wrote and by who wrote what, also the politics behind it. What one needs it to learn the ancient history of the cultures, without that one is reading a fairy tale.

In fact there is no way to understand an ancient scriptural
work without AT LEAST familiarity with the symbolism
and usages of that culture. Even the hypocritical
Penelope ADMIT that fact in the second sentence of
her idiotic comment about------Her second sentence is
tantamount to an admission----"I AM AN IDIOT"

If you treat the Bible as symbolism and metaphor, then the Bible means nothing more than what ever you conjure up as an explanation of what it means.

Yet another nonsensical statement from Penelope----
The writings of the bible include symbols and metaphors
FAMILIAR to the people who lived at the time that the
writings were authored-------and a complete MYSTERY
to the overwhelmingly ignorant Penelope. The bible
has SUBLIME meaning-----the details of which Penelope
has repeatedly revealed she is utterly ignorant

It would become your word and the persons word sitting next to you's word, and my meaning and someone else's meaning...'

More and More stupidity----one might just as well say ---
the HINDU GITA---means only what I DECIDE it
means despite the fact that I know ----well about two
words in Sanskrit and none of the ancient symbolism

If what you read is a metaphor, it makes that clear in the context. Christ spoke in parables, but they were defined as parables and He explained them to His inner core of disciples. They don't have to guess what He meant and neither do we.'

Of course WE need not guess----the use of parables is '
is a Talmudic device -----those people familiar with the
Talmud do understand them

Mind control is a theme of the filth of the REICHS---
the first, the second, and the third----each one
responsible for the genocide of millions

Well that is the problem , people taking it literally just like Muslims taking the Quran literally. If Jews still took it literally they would still be stoning and some still do as I posted a while back.

The Nazi pig claims she posted that stoning is a
method of capital punishment-----in Israel---the
Nazi bitch lied. Jews actually did not take it
"literally" in ancient times-----capital punishement
was actually very rare in ancient Israel-----and it was
the PHARISEES who ruled against it regularly----Nazi
pigs like to ignore that fact Interestingly the fact
the jews did not engage in capital punishment is
noted in the New Testament-----some Nazi pigs
actually CLAIM----"they didn't do it because the RULING
ROMANS would not let them---<<<actually a Nazi lie----
They did not do it because there was so much
OPPOSITION to it from the PHARISEE SCHOLARS

I would suggest reading outside of the bible and the history. The bible tells more about men and how they viewed God than God , human culture, God did not write the bible nor did it fall from the sky. Tell me did Jonah survive in the big fish? The Bible is not mean to taken literally, I do believe the stories of some of the battles though, so some of the Israelites history has some truth to the stories.
Human sacrifices to God was real, then they begun the animal sacrifices but the human sacrifices were used when times got real bad. One needs to read the Bible with the blinders off, and quit listening to these preachers spin on it.

It continues to post one self contradictory load of shit
after another. The book of Jonah is sublime-----it is a
an IMPORTANT PARABLE-----very ancient within the
biblical literature------it addresses the issue of ----the
"culture" which is RIGHT NOW----in the very same
place-----engaged in the kind of barbarity that the
penelopians have been galvanizing for many thousands
of years -----NINEVEH----at the northern part of the Tigris
Euphrates river-------right between what is now Iraq and
Syria------the epicenter of penelopian filth of today-------
I would explain the book-----which BTW is discussed
in synagogues every year------mid afternoon----on the
holiday Yom Kippur ------but there is a "saying"---of
ancient Hebrew and Aramaic which also appears in the
NT-----"CAST NOT YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE"

Make up your mind.

I mean Rosie's hidden message, Kabala. There are some meaningful parables of Jesus in it , which at different times in ones life can mean different things, but its not rocket science. God never spoke in the Bible, all men.

Did Penelope just claim that I (rosie) own a "hidden
message" called "kabala"???? ------gee---what an idiot

Hey don't take it too hard. Christians have absolutely no idea that Jesus taught obedience to the deeper implications of kosher Law and don't seem to have the emotional growth to be able to deal with the information in a sober and mature way either....much less in the way that scripture requires.

read the book----Jesus did not teach anything about the
rules of kosher food------he simply did not wash his hands
according to a writing by a person who never met him----
and CERTAINLY was not present at the private luncheon
in the home of a Pharisee colleague of Jesus ---when the
unkown writer ---wrote about 300 years later---"JESUS DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS"------ It as PAUL who decided he
would get lots more followers if he let them eat pork

Like I said, ditz

no you did not----scum

I accused Penelope of contradicting herself and posted the contradictory quotes Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews Page 23 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and for some mysterious reason you thought I was talking to you, took offense and called me a liar and scum even after I alerted you to your mistake.

Damn Rosie, your brain seems to be having a malfunction, and a bad one by the looks of that foul and smelly discharge.

I think it might be something you ate.

I do not recall anything that is consistent with your avove claim you disgusting foul stinking dog

unkown writer ---wrote about 300 years later---"JESUS DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS"------ It as PAUL who decided he

The message was its not what goes in your mouth but what spurts out of it.

All these rules were for the good of the medical side of stuff, I mean we all have separate cutting boards, but we now have running water and soap as well so we don't have to keep our dishes divided. Also they thought leprosy came from pork , but we all know what undercooked pork can do as well.

All these rules were for the good of the medical side of stuff, I mean we all have separate cutting boards, but we now have running water and soap as well so we don't have to keep our dishes divided. Also they thought leprosy came from pork , but we all know what undercooked pork can do as well.

The writing in the NT makes no claim that Jesus commented
on the DIETARY LAWS------he commented on washing of the hands before eating-----Your post makes no sense. The writing was authored by a person who never met Jesus and was not even alive for that LUNCHEON---that Jesus is said
to have shared with his Pharisee friends. The hand washing rules are not the kosher rules------"kosher" refers to
rules regarding allowable foods and proper ways to slaughter animals and prepare foods. If a person who knows something about the times reads that line----that person would understand that you take on the incident is stupid.
even if the account is true. Your struggle to discuss
writings you have not got the slightest chance of understanding is-----irritating

The writing in the NT makes no claim that Jesus commented
on the DIETARY LAWS------he commented on washing of the hands before eating-----Your post makes no sense. The writing was authored by a person who never met Jesus and was not even alive for that LUNCHEON---that Jesus is said
to have shared with his Pharisee friends. The hand washing rules are not the kosher rules------"kosher" refers to
rules regarding allowable foods and proper ways to slaughter animals and prepare foods. If a person who knows something about the times reads that line----that person would understand that you take on the incident is stupid.
even if the account is true. Your struggle to discuss
writings you have not got the slightest chance of understanding is-----irritating

He implied its not the dirt going in your mouth but the dirt coming out. To take it literally as washing ones hands (although imp. ) is missing out on the message.

Forum List

Back