🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews?

<<<<<< ?????? you are a bit nuts

Hey don't take it too hard. Christians have absolutely no idea that Jesus taught obedience to the deeper implications of kosher Law and don't seem to have the emotional growth to be able to deal with the information in a sober and mature way either....much less in the way that scripture requires.

read the book----Jesus did not teach anything about the
rules of kosher food------he simply did not wash his hands
according to a writing by a person who never met him----
and CERTAINLY was not present at the private luncheon
in the home of a Pharisee colleague of Jesus ---when the
unkown writer ---wrote about 300 years later---"JESUS DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS"------ It as PAUL who decided he
would get lots more followers if he let them eat pork

The message was its not what goes in your mouth but what spurts out of it.

All these rules were for the good of the medical side of stuff, I mean we all have separate cutting boards, but we now have running water and soap as well so we don't have to keep our dishes divided. Also they thought leprosy came from pork , but we all know what undercooked pork can do as well.

The writing in the NT makes no claim that Jesus commented
on the DIETARY LAWS------he commented on washing of the hands before eating-----Your post makes no sense. The writing was authored by a person who never met Jesus and was not even alive for that LUNCHEON---that Jesus is said
to have shared with his Pharisee friends. The hand washing rules are not the kosher rules------"kosher" refers to
rules regarding allowable foods and proper ways to slaughter animals and prepare foods. If a person who knows something about the times reads that line----that person would understand that you take on the incident is stupid.
even if the account is true. Your struggle to discuss
writings you have not got the slightest chance of understanding is-----irritating

He implied its not the dirt going in your mouth but the dirt coming out. To take it literally as washing ones hands (although imp. ) is missing out on the message.

Penelope---you are utterly ignorant on the subject Besides the fact that you read a translation-----you have no idea just what the role of handwashing is in traditional jewish culture
(the culture of jesus) I have to admit that even I, born a jew-----did not appreciate the FULL impact of handwashing
amongst Jews before I came into contact with lots of
different jews from various parts of the world. In fact---if
you ever read the NT-----you would know that it says----
(in translation) ---when Jesus refused to wash his hands
before eating----"the Pharisees looked at each other in astonishment" My own hubby was brought up in just about THE MOST TRADITIONAL JEWISH CULTURE
HOUSEHOLD ----in modern times-----His parents migrated
to Israel from one of the most backward countries in the world----(muslim---of course) in which jews there were known for absolute PRESERVATION ---the old way of life.
He knows nothing about Christianity----of course he studied the Talmud---but contrary to your Nazi shit propaganda----
Christianity is not addressed in the Talmud. Each year I re-
explain to him just what EASTER celebrates. At one
point I explained the JESUS HAND WASHING story
to him. I really enjoyed his response------HE LOOKED
******ASTONISHED******* his eyes widened in disbelief----
HE DIDN'T WANT TO WASH HIS HANDS!!!!!!???????

(as in-----WHATTHEHELL????..........

an interesting observation-----we get vistors from Israel---
lots of kids from his group-----no matter how utterly hipster
these kids are-------young punks------they never fail to wash
their hands------I keep piles of towels just to accommodate
their weird HANDWASHING habit-----some cultural habits
LINGER for millennia (nor are all of them "kosher" conscious) It is silly of you to imagine that hand washing means "kosher" ----not washing one's hands before a meal
in the culture of Jesus ----would be something like spitting
on the table

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

I accused Penelope of contradicting herself and posted the contradictory quotes - Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews Page 23 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - and for some mysterious reason you thought I was talking to you, took offense and called me a liar and scum even after I alerted you to your mistake.

Damn Rosie, your brain seems to be having a malfunction, and a bad one by the looks of that foul and smelly discharge.

I think it might be something you ate.

I do not recall anything that is consistent with your avove claim you disgusting foul stinking dog

Its all been written down and I even provided you a link and somehow you still can't recall....

Fascinating!...

But thanks, rosie, for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the vile and contaminating flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate by so generously demonstrating the disturbing and debilitating consequences for disobedience as is revealed by the addled condition of your mind..

Last edited:
The God of Abraham never asked for human sacrifices. Never. The Bible tells us about God, dealing with the sin of man and how to avoid it. If you take it literally, you would realize that God sent a permanent sacrifice. Christ never stoned anybody, therefore to be Christ like, Jews should not either. They have clung to the wrong history. That will be resolved at Har Magiddo.

Jonah's fish. There are fish we have never even seen. I saw a pic of a Japanese fishing ship whose anchor was caught on something. They slowly were able to wind the cable up and on the end was the decayed head of a fish that was 1/3 the size of the vessel. It was amazing. I wish I would have saved that pic. A city block could have lived in that sucker. If God created the universe, he could have easily created an air bubble for Jonah to survive and direct that fish to puke him out exactly where God wanted Jonah. Instead of using limited human logic to say, "That is impossible." Take it literally, and say, "God's ways are above our own comprehension." Christ said that every word of the OT is from God. It is trustworthy.

You have determined based on I'm not sure what, that some of the Bible you take literally, and some you don't. You believe some of the battles literally took place. Which one do you credit as true and which ones never happened in your view, and have you verified the ones you accept through historical research, or is it just a feeling you get?

Do you see the problem with adding your own understanding to what you read? You decided battles 1,2 and 6 you can believe in. But Bill has a feeling that 1, 3, and 5 are the only ones you can take literally. It makes the Bible worthless.
Want accurate history? Read Kings. You'll find that archeology considers the Bible as the most complete historical document they have. They read, then dig, and confirm.

The Bible was penned by 40 different individuals that did not confer with one another on subject matter. And yet it is accurately redundant and cohesive. If I asked 40 people here to write 10 pages each, and didn't tell them what subject to write on, would I be able to put the work of those 40 together into an understandable book? And would 40 different people all have the ability to predict the future in their ten pages?

1/4 of the Bible was dedicated to prophesy so you would know who the author was. God wrote the Bible. 40 men dictated it for our benefit. To prove that, God wrote in multiples and divisions of 7. Man can't do that. I have the criteria if you'd like to try. It will make your head explode trying to emulate it.

Last edited:
The God of Abraham never asked for human sacrifices. Never. The Bible tells us about God, dealing with the sin of man and how to avoid it. If you take it literally, you would realize that God sent a permanent sacrifice. Christ never stoned anybody, therefore to be Christ like, Jews should not either. They have clung to the wrong history. That will be resolved at Har Magiddo.

Jonah's fish. There are fish we have never even seen. I saw a pic of a Japanese fishing ship whose anchor was caught on something. They slowly were able to wind the cable up and on the end was the decayed head of a fish that was 1/3 the size of the vessel. It was amazing. I wish I would have saved that pic. A city block could have lived in that sucker. If God created the universe, he could have easily created an air bubble for Jonah to survive and direct that fish to puke him out exactly where God wanted Jonah. Instead of using limited human logic to say, "That is impossible." Take it literally, and say, "God's ways are above our own comprehension." Christ said that every word of the OT is from God. It is trustworthy.

You have determined based on I'm not sure what, that some of the Bible you take literally, and some you don't. You believe some of the battles literally took place. Which one do you credit as true and which ones never happened in your view, and have you verified the ones you accept through historical research, or is it just a feeling you get?

Do you see the problem with adding your own understanding to what you read? You decided battles 1,2 and 6 you can believe in. But Bill has a feeling that 1, 3, and 5 are the only ones you can take literally. It makes the Bible worthless.
Want accurate history? Read Kings. You'll find that archeology considers the Bible as the most complete historical document they have. They read, then dig, and confirm.

The Bible was penned by 40 different individuals that did not confer with one another on subject matter. And yet it is accurately redundant and cohesive. If I asked 40 people here to write 10 pages each, and didn't tell them what subject to write on, would I be able to put the work of those 40 together into an understandable book? And would 40 different people all have the ability to predict the future in their ten pages?

1/4 of the Bible was dedicated to prophesy so you would know who the author was. God wrote the Bible. 40 men dictated it for our benefit. To prove that, God wrote in multiples and divisions of 7. Man can't do that. I have the criteria if you'd like to try. It will make your head explode trying to emulate it.
-=

your idiot little didactic is a pile of shit for all but those of your
religious beliefs

I accused Penelope of contradicting herself and posted the contradictory quotes - Does it ever bother Chrisitans that so many well known atheist are Jews Page 23 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - and for some mysterious reason you thought I was talking to you, took offense and called me a liar and scum even after I alerted you to your mistake.

Damn Rosie, your brain seems to be having a malfunction, and a bad one by the looks of that foul and smelly discharge.

I do not recall anything that is consistent with your avove claim you disgusting foul stinking dog

Its all been written down and I even provided you a link and somehow you still can't recall....

Fascinating!...

But thanks, rosie, for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the vile and contaminating flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate by so generously demonstrating the disturbing and debilitating consequences for disobedience as is revealed by the addled condition of your mind..

you are just as disgusting as the Nazi slut Penelope---
Hobelim

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

You did not cite your NT source for that long and significant
speech which you attribute to Jesus-----from which of your caudal orifice did you pull it?------ie you are quite a fraud

5 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

^
Pene's post, especially the bolded sentence is heaven sent apropos.
I was in a church where they were passing judgment on beer, because it destroys the temple, right after they got done harshly judging Catholic believers when I reminded them, there is nothing, NO THING taken inward that can destroy the temple. It is what comes out of our filthy mouths that destroys the temple. Not beer, not cigs. not a rosary. But anger and disrespect and passing judgment on those whose opinions differ from yours.

Pene nailed it.

Last edited:

Fascinating!...

Hobelim

Wow, Rosie, why not let it all hang out...lol...A few thousand years ago even a Pharisee would have thought you were possessed by an unclean spirit.

No sense in pretending to have some class at this point, right?

Its truly inspiring to see the many wonderful things avoiding bacon has done for you.

Matthew 15

Real biblical scholars insist that the book ascribed to
MATTHEW was written about 300 years AFTER Jesus
was crucified and that an actual person in the circle of
Jesus-----was not MATTHEW. They consider the
Matthew who wrote that book to be a Christian POLEMIST--
that is he engaged in sophistry to support the developing
Christian POV------which had been initially galvanized by
PAUL------Paul was a greek convert to Judaism----who got
attracted to the cult of people who considered whatever
they construed Jesus to be. So you got an historical
reconstructionist writing a story which supports the
POV of the Christian cult (still considered a sect of Judaism until CONSTANTINE decided to make a break)

ie----ya got nuthin' ------however the good news for
you----biblical historians do believe that Matthew was
a jew. sorta

Fascinating!...

Hobelim

Wow, Rosie, why not let it all hang out...lol...A few thousand years ago people would have thought you were possessed by an unclean spirit.

Its truly inspiring to see the many wonderful things avoiding bacon has done for you.

a happy Irishman is a joy to behold------and it is a joy
to HOLD HIM UPRIGHT

Fascinating!...

Hobelim

Wow, Rosie, why not let it all hang out...lol...A few thousand years ago even a Pharisee would have thought you were possessed by an unclean spirit.

when did I avoid bacon? ----well-----hubby won't eat it----
so no sense in buying it--------I never cook for ONE. There
is nothing that even the depraved BOBOV would say to you
that would suggest that avoiding bacon makes a person
genteel. It is clear to me that you never talked to a
BOBOV person-------well----at least not for any considerable time and certainly not in order to learn
something

Matthew 15

Jesus-----was not MATTHEW.
actually, it wasn't a "real biblical scholar".....it was an atheist who didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, quoted by lots of other atheists who didn't know what they were talking about,,,,,,

Matthew 15

Jesus-----was not MATTHEW.
actually, it wasn't a "real biblical scholar".....it was an atheist who didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, quoted by lots of other atheists who didn't know what they were talking about,,,,,,

wrong----it is a consensus amongst biblical scholars------
you have some information about Matthew?----real people
have histories------where they lived ----who were their parents----etc etc. Several of the persons called the apostles of Jesus-----never met Jesus----another one is LUKE-----how he ended up at the "LAST SUPPER" is
quite a mystery--------well----its ok------artistic license
I am ALL FOR IT
The Name MATTHEW is a Hebrew name-----so is John----
the "JOHN" who wrote the book of revulsions---probably
did not exist as "JOHN" either------several different writings----authored well after Jesus was crucified are attributed to a MYSTERY "JOHN" something like
JOHN DOE John the Baptist seems to have existed. ----but jews have spawned a whole bunch of characters like
JOHN THE BAPTIST---------and are still at it

Forum List

Back