Does obama abuse his powers worse than lincoln?

Everyone knows you use WHO as your primary go to source.

You love commie propaganda, Comrade Bripat.

You're actually accusing the World Health Organization of being Communist?

Seriously?

You're a bigger fool than everyone thinks you are.

You're actually accusing the World Health Organization of being Communist? Seriously? You're a bigger fool than everyone thinks you are.

You have said so yourself. The UN is a commie front. Changing your story again.

You are the laughing stock of the Board, Comrade.

Lincoln was clothed with the immense almost unchecked and unknown powers of a wartime president.

It is almost impossible to judge abuse or misuse of those powers today, if any.

Lincoln was clothed with the immense almost unchecked and unknown powers of a wartime president.

When did Congress declare war, Fakey? where does the Constitution grant any such powers?

It is almost impossible to judge abuse or misuse of those powers today, if any.

It's impossible for retards like you. However, intelligent people can read history books.

You liberal black guys are all the same.....:D

I've read the whole thread. I'll bet you can guess my opinion. There's some interesting perspective here, once you weed out the icky stuff, though.

Do you think Lincoln should have just said "Okay, bye!" when the south seceded?

I'm not a Civil War scholar, don't have any background in the details of what was happening in Congress or the courts for the decade before the War, when the economics of slavery was being dealt with--presumably--by them. Seems no mutually satisfactory solution could be found. When the South said they'd had enough, Lincoln could either accept the dissolution of the Union or deem them "rebels" and fight to sustain the country as a whole. I'm not sure it would have been good for either side, long term, if he had chosen the other option.

Interesting stuff, though.

You liberal black guys are all the same.....:D

I've read the whole thread. I'll bet you can guess my opinion. There's some interesting perspective here, once you weed out the icky stuff, though.

Do you think Lincoln should have just said "Okay, bye!" when the south seceded?

I'm not a Civil War scholar, don't have any background in the details of what was happening in Congress or the courts for the decade before the War, when the economics of slavery was being dealt with--presumably--by them. Seems no mutually satisfactory solution could be found. When the South said they'd had enough, Lincoln could either accept the dissolution of the Union or deem them "rebels" and fight to sustain the country as a whole. I'm not sure it would have been good for either side, long term, if he had chosen the other option.

Interesting stuff, though.
there are all kinds fo good points, from both sides. However, the point remains, he trashed the rule of law to do what HE wanted to do. We have a limit on federal power for a reason!

People talk trash about what Trump could do, all the while infatuated with a president that actually did the shit but it doesn't matter. Weird..

Lincoln was a lawywer, that should be enough to show why he did what he did, like the oman of dimshits he decided he would do as he pleased, and if no one pushed back he could get away with it. That is why the military received a questionnaire asking if they would fire on US citizens almost as soon as he hit the ground, and the senior officers that refused were summarily replaced or their positions were gutted. the oman was far more destructive behind the scenes, Lincoln had no choice after his unconstitutional actions but to follow through. If he had not the south would have become so strong in short order because of their trading superiority they would have become much wealthier, and therefore have been able to gather arms from all of the countries in the world. That would have given the USA a neighbor that could stop their expansion at will, and at the same time with the western states also involved it would have meant the north would be forever at a great disadvantage with only cold water ports, and limited trade routes.

As for the vote for worst, It is hard to say because Lincoln cause more deaths here, but oman has cause many more deaths worldwide if you do not count the murdered babies here.

I defer to your southern sensibilities; but I disagree about Lincoln being a bad guy.

I defer to your southern sensibilities; but I disagree about Lincoln being a bad guy.
I don't have sensibilities. A lot of the south were bigots. But some weren't. TN was going to go union until Lincoln shredded the rule of law. Fact.
Bad guy is subjective, sure. But he was a authoritarian.
You can think oppressive regimes are good guys. That's your right :D

I don't have sensibilities. A lot of the south were bigots. But some weren't. TN was going to go union until Lincoln shredded the rule of law. Fact.
I don't know enough to argue with you. I told you, I found the thread interesting. Lincoln kept our country in one piece and did what the South wouldn't--he ended slavery. I've got no beef with how he did that. You obviously do, and you are going to continue to criticize what he did in order to achieve that.

You never answered my question: Was Lincoln supposed to say "Okay, bye!" when the South seceded?

I don't know enough to argue with you. I told you, I found the thread interesting. Lincoln kept our country in one piece and did what the South wouldn't--he ended slavery. I've got no beef with how he did that. You obviously do, and you are going to continue to criticize what he did in order to achieve that.

You never answered my question: Was Lincoln supposed to say "Okay, bye!" when the South seceded?
he didn't end slavery, but he helped.
Ive got beef with people that throw away the rule of law for their own beliefs. That is an authoritarian and I am against that, regardless of the "feel good". I try to be consistent :)
No, he shouldn't have done that but he might could have combated the problems in other ways. Not to mention, the south was already changing their ways. Even the bible belt TN was done with the bullshit..
And look, all this time and the north and south are STILL at each others throat..

Forum List

Back