Does Spanking kids Work?

Spanking kids is barbaric. If you can't raise children without beating them, you shouldn't be having children in the first place.
I would tend to agree that liberals probably shouldn't spank their kids because they don't know the difference between spanking and beating.

Ya, because it's so cute when you call it "spanking". Sounds like 2 people in leather having fun. Does it make you horny?

Spanking kids is barbaric. If you can't raise children without beating them, you shouldn't be having children in the first place.

Your opinion nothing more

Think about it, if you can't raise your children without beating them, you're simply too dumb to have children because you can't think of any other way except beating them.

Don't have to our kids are all grown well adjusted adults,with kids

Spanking and beating are worlds apart,except for people like yourself.

Your opinion nothing more

Think about it, if you can't raise your children without beating them, you're simply too dumb to have children because you can't think of any other way except beating them.

Spanking is kinky sex, hitting your kids is hitting your kids.

You're in the wrong thread. Thinking about sex when disciplining children is a whole 'nother kinda sick. Get help

There's a major difference between spanking and beating.

When I was a young cub, I'd be spanked for attacking kids, stealing stuff, disrespecting people, endangering others/myself, etc, etc, etc. Getting my rump swatted helped me, hah, understand and remember that these things were not acceptable. Being young and immature with ADHD, I didn't give a darn about being "reasoned" with or chided. It didn't work. Spanking got the message through loud and clear. My father's not perfect, but I do thank him for spanking me because it taught me to not do certain things, and has kept me from getting in trouble with the law.

I will love my future children, and I fully intend to spank them in order to help them survive and thrive in society.

Last edited:
Hitting your kids is hitting your kids.

I think you're cheapening this discussion.

Not differentiating between spanking and beating is like not differentiating between self-defense and murder.

Not differentiating between spanking and beating is like not differentiating between murder and self-defense.

So now you're defending yourself by hitting your kids? :lmao:

Please reread my post and keep it in context.

Maybe it's you who should look up the term "self-defense", because comparing that to hitting your kids is ludicrous. Please try again.

Not differentiating between spanking and beating is like not differentiating between murder and self-defense.

You're asking a lot :lol:

I agree with your last post. It's about consequences for actions. As a rule I have found many left leaning parents don't grasp that. Instead the victim card is ever present

Maybe it's you who should look up the term "self-defense", because comparing that to hitting your kids is ludicrous. Please try again.

Chausette, with respect I am asking you to please consider my post objectively.

It's not that I'm comparing spanking with self-defense, or beating your child to murder. No, that is not it. The point I am trying to convey is that you are broadly generalizing two strikingly different things. You consider spanking and beating to both be bad because, with a very huge and non-discerning brush, you consider them both as "hitting kids." It's the same as saying both self-defense and murder are wrong because it's "killing people." Or that John and Hitler are both bad people because "they eat their veggies."

The error in your logic is a faulty comparison. You have not considered all of the variables.

Last edited:
About 1/2 the people in this thread have no business being in the "adult" forum. Nearly all of them oppose spanking children. Coincidence?

Of course spanking your child is effective, unless you overdue it as a form of punishment. But that can be said about anything.

Do timeouts work? LOL

It's not that I'm comparing spanking with self-defense, or beating your child to murder. No, that is not it. The point I am trying to convey is that you are broadly generalizing two strikingly different things. You consider spanking and beating to both be bad because, with a very huge and non-discerning brush, you consider them both as "hitting kids." It's the same as saying both self-defense and murder are wrong because it's "killing people." Or that John and Hitler are both bad people because "they eat their veggies."

The error in your logic is a faulty comparison. You have not considered all of the variables.
You're the one comparing apples and oranges. Hitting is hitting is hitting. What you're trying to do is to justify hitting children.

Ya ok you run with that,children discussing adult topics,your mom is calling

You're the one comparing apples and oranges. Hitting is hitting is hitting. What you're trying to do is to justify hitting children.

Seriously, the fact that you can't draw the comparison he's trying to make is sad.

Seriously, the fact that you can't draw the comparison he's trying to make is sad.

It's an unworkable comparison, spanking is hitting. There's no two ways about it. To try to put spanking on a different level than violence is obfuscation and sophistry.

It's my impression that many of those who are adamantly opposed to spanking, who equate it to beating children, etc. were themselves abused and beaten as children. That makes such an opinion understandable, but it does make me wonder about the possible differences in reasoning between those who were abused and those who were not that think any form of spanking is wrong.

Forum List

Back