Does the Constitution prevent the President from being indicted for a criminal act?

Well he has an El Chapo-like following that may block his impeachment. And I had heard a sitting President had to be impeached in order to face justice?

I'd say Obama can and should be prosecuted for treason and sedition.

Are you hanging your hopes on Mueller Collusion Russia thingy?

Well he has an El Chapo-like following that may block his impeachment. And I had heard a sitting President had to be impeached in order to face justice?

Oh Frank, you're too much :thup:

Clintonistas with high hopes but no facts. A President cannot be indicted while in office. That's why a President can be impeached...to be removed from office, and then indicted.

A president can be impeached, since he is no different than you or I, we are all citizens of the United States and no one of us is above the law.

The matter my go before the Supreme Court, but I suspect the vote in Trump v. The United States of America will be 9 - 0 for the United States of America.

P1. Yes you did write that. Now do so in a warrant of arrest under penalty of perjury.

P2. Nope, I look forward to the day Mr. Trump's fate is the same as his mentors, Mr. Benito Mussolini++. Of course Mr. Trump will be hung in effigy and live out his life in Moscow with his band of brothers.

++Read up on II Duce, and if you can find a video of one of his speeches, even Trump's posture is the same.

“Does the Constitution prevent the President from being indicted for a criminal act?”

No.

But if the people had a correct understanding of Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution, this wouldn’t a question or issue at all.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor,
Trust, or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

A president would have to be successfully impeached before being indicted.
Thats not what that says.
what does it say? again, a leftist with post and go with absolutely no explanation. that's trolling.

Just a word of caution to those who would want to see a sitting President indicted just because it’s Trump that precedent would not end with Trump so think carefully before going down that road.

Speaking for myself, it matters not if the criminal act is committed by a Republican or a Democrat - no man or woman is above the law.
then why isn't hitlery in jail? speaking out both sides again?

Because that slippery bitch is the greatest criminal mastermind ever!
My response is, no man is above the law. And no where in the Constitution is there any clause excusing criminal conduct being investigated and indictable.

You clowns are funny. The president can be impeached and removed from office at any time so DO IT. Grow a pair of balls you gutless cowardly hacks.

There has to be good cause to. Also a 2/3 Senate majority.

Nah, just lying about a blowjob is enough.

Of course you're right about the Senate. Which is why I can wait 20 months.

Speaking of lying, that tired canard about "just about a blowjob" becomes particularly laughable considering how much time and energy has been spent and continues to be spent on Stormy Daniels.

You must not have read what I wrote. I clearly said "just lying about a blowjob is enough." That's what we hear all the time. He committed perjury (because he lied about a hummer.).

Why bother with impeachment. when the Senate wouldn't convict Clinton then and I doubt the current Senate would ever convict Trump now.
Clinton was actually a rock star for the economy. Never understood what the GOP was doing. It did absolutely nothing. I am sick and tired of the peoples house being dumped on by both parties. We need term limits.

QUOTE="Marion Morrison, post: 21951530, member: 61600"]
Just a word of caution to those who would want to see a sitting President indicted just because it’s Trump that precedent would not end with Trump so think carefully before going down that road.

Speaking for myself, it matters not if the criminal act is committed by a Republican or a Democrat - no man or woman is above the law.

My response is, no man is above the law. And no where in the Constitution is there any clause excusing criminal conduct being investigated and indictable.

You clowns are funny. The president can be impeached and removed from office at any time so DO IT. Grow a pair of balls you gutless cowardly hacks.

Speaking of lying, that tired canard about "just about a blowjob" becomes particularly laughable considering how much time and energy has been spent and continues to be spent on Stormy Daniels.

If you think there's a lot of time and energy being spent on that, you should have seen Ken Starr with the Whitewater crap. Much more time and energy.

It took millions of dollars to get to that blowjob. Tbh, I'd rather have the taxpayer money back and never have heard about it. Maybe have 100 more miles of border wall built instead.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A. The Constitution does NOT say a President can't be indicted. It just doesn't.

It describes how to remove a President who has NOT been indicted. That's all.

It's a Dept of Justice POLICY only...that says a President can not be indicted.

B. If a President can not be indicted he is above the law.

Should a blatantly corrupt President be impeached by the House and then BRIBE 34 Senators...he could not be indicted even for THAT.

And he could then PARDON those very Senators and possibly even himself

Is that where you folks are going?

A President above the law completely?

We should try not to elect criminal presidents, or traitor ones. I have pretty good faith that most Americans haven't, and wouldn't. If Congress can't get arrested, the president damn sure can't either.

I bet you missed the part where Congress can't get arrested. These people have a lot of power.
right? who oversees their bloody fking asses?

How about I say I want to impeach Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer? let's begin the process.

These two fks weren't voted into office by a 63 million. fk them.

Many of us remember how Ford lost the election in 1976, when many considered was the result of his pardon for Richard Nixon. Members of the Senate ought to keep that in mind if and when the vote comes up if he is impeached by the H. or Rep.

LOL you idiots on the left are in no position to threaten the President :auiqs.jpg: you can't even carry your own blue states :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Trump issues threats; Trump's critics point out his wrong doings. In fact, Cohen presented letters he had written at Trump's direction to threaten institutions of learning from releasing his academic and deportment records.

I wonder why? Don't you?

There's another infamous one where Rump threatened The Onion. Seriously.

f3k8iltwcctyctqbaakm.jpg
seems rightfully so. what's your issue? It appears the Onion posted a story stating it was from the president when it wasn't. That's defamation. We have laws for that. did you know that? just curious what the fk you actually know.

A. The Constitution does NOT say a President can't be indicted. It just doesn't.

It describes how to remove a President who has NOT been indicted. That's all.

It's a Dept of Justice POLICY only...that says a President can not be indicted.

B. If a President can not be indicted he is above the law.

Should a blatantly corrupt President be impeached by the House and then BRIBE 34 Senators...he could not be indicted even for THAT.

And he could then PARDON those very Senators and possibly even himself

Is that where you folks are going?

A President above the law completely?
The reply to that is

Well we're stuck with him because we chose him?

That's supposed to make sense?

That's about as lame as you can get
well you're stuck with him cause I voted for him, same as I was stuck with obammy. What is so unusual there? it's called losing. Oh and if you benefit from the moves he makes, why are you against that? just curious there as well.

Clintonistas with high hopes but no facts. A President cannot be indicted while in office. That's why a President can be impeached...to be removed from office, and then indicted.

A president can be impeached, since he is no different than you or I, we are all citizens of the United States and no one of us is above the law.

The matter my go before the Supreme Court, but I suspect the vote in Trump v. The United States of America will be 9 - 0 for the United States of America.

Yes, that's what I said. A president can be impeached. THEN, if he's removed, he can be indicted. If not, that'd have to wait until he is out of office.

Yes, that's what I said. A president can be impeached. THEN, if he's removed, he can be indicted. If not, that'd have to wait until he is out of office.

What if for instance he is involved in a massive corruption scandal and then bribes 34 Senators to protect him from Impeachment?

Wrong. He can be indicted, and that's when the fun begins. Will the Supreme Court support the claim that he is above the law, or vote 9-0 that he can be charged and prosecuted by a jury.

Wrong. He can be indicted, and that's when the fun begins. Will the Supreme Court support the claim that he is above the law, or vote 9-0 that he can be charged and prosecuted by a jury.
nope, has to be impeached and removed from office. learn something.

Sorry, but I'm not going to waste time arguing with you since you obviously failed your high school civics class. A President MUST be impeached prior to indictment.

Indicting and Prosecuting a Sitting President

Sureee.

You must not have read what I wrote. I clearly said "just lying about a blowjob is enough." That's what we hear all the time. He committed perjury (because he lied about a hummer.).

Why bother with impeachment. when the Senate wouldn't convict Clinton then and I doubt the current Senate would ever convict Trump now.
Clinton was actually a rock star for the economy. Never understood what the GOP was doing. It did absolutely nothing. I am sick and tired of the peoples house being dumped on by both parties. We need term limits.

Yeah, true. Once Gingrich beat him into submission

Sureee.
CrusaderFrank the president has his hands on nuclear bombs but is the same as every other citizen. dude, we can't make up what these fking idiots propose.

Forum List

Back