Does the Military Respect President Obama?

Does the Military Respect President Obama?

• Total voters
Well I am military (ret) and I like him. :)

So you have NO problem with Obama blaming the military for "air-raiding villages and killing children" which the terrorists used to justify blowing up US troops?

Most active duty military men that I know will not speak against Obama because he is Commander in Chief. I would call that respect.

Whether they think he has a clue is a different poll altogether, and not one you will likely get any kind of honest answer on from an enlisted man.

Respect for the position, but not necessarily respect for the man.

I'm sure some in the military do but my guess would be the majority don't care for him.

Yes, most of them can be found in the administrative offices, the supply houses, and other jobs that don't require you getting shot at. Largely, liberals don't join to fight.

I'm sure some in the military do but my guess would be the majority don't care for him.

Yes, most of them can be found in the administrative offices, the supply houses, and other jobs that don't require you getting shot at. Largely, liberals don't join to fight.

That has been my observation as well when you see a retired combat veteran interviewed and the subject of Obama comes they usually don't have much if anything good to say.

You served as long as I did in the combat arms, I agree that many are conservative, and they would your comments about not being faithful to their oaths to be coarse and unpatriotic to the brotherhood of arms.

They would not then or now put up with your nonsense.

WTF is comat arms? do you mean the infantry or Airborne? What was your MOS? I never head of anyone in the military ever say they served in combat arms. Served in Combat, yes, comat arms , never

0311 was my primary. But that is only one of many combat MOS's. Therefore, so as to encompass them all, they are called combat arms. A different area than combat service support. You did not know this and you served? Really!!?? Did I really need to explain this common, standardized, and well known term to you?

Combat Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States Army the following branches are considered Combat Arms:
Infantry
Armor (including Armored Cavalry)
Field Artillery
Air Defense Artillery
Army Aviation (e.g., Attack Helicopter and Air Cavalry units)
Special Forces
Engineers (only Combat Engineers, e.g. Land Mine Clearance and Route Clearance (Also done by construction engineers in combat heavy units)).

combat arms, combat support, combat service support were the general terms in the seventies and eighties

I was 11B with a P designator

Your opinion, of course. What you deem 'liberal' is probably centrist and right of center.

Most of the Army personnel with whom I served were apolitical and generally right of center socially and culturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl2fSIubA2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p9SgHo-He0

These are REAL soldiers. Look at them. Not old white guys. Like the Republican Party. But salt and pepper like the United States. Diversity. Everywhere except the Republican Party. These guys represent the US and the GOP simply can't stand that fact.

You didn't look at the poll in the OP. If you were a soldier under this CIC, you were more likely you come out a conservative, i.e., a Republican. Their dislike for this president is high.

You served as long as I did in the combat arms, I agree that many are conservative, and they would your comments about not being faithful to their oaths to be coarse and unpatriotic to the brotherhood of arms.

They would not then or now put up with your nonsense.

WTF is comat arms? do you mean the infantry or Airborne? What was your MOS? I never head of anyone in the military ever say they served in combat arms. Served in Combat, yes, comat arms , never

0311 was my primary. But that is only one of many combat MOS's. Therefore, so as to encompass them all, they are called combat arms. A different area than combat service support. You did not know this and you served? Really!!?? Did I really need to explain this common, standardized, and well known term to you?

Infantry
Field Artillery
Air Defense Artillery
Special Forces
Engineers (only Combat Engineers, e.g. Land Mine Clearance and Route Clearance (Also done by construction engineers in combat heavy units)).

I wasnt talking to you , I was talking to Fakey. I was Navy 1979-1992, NEC 0812, 0879, 0880. I have never heard anyone say they served in combat arms.

My brother is retired from the 82nd Airborne and I asked him being Army and he said people dont go around saying they served in combat arms. :eusa_shhh:

What in the hell does "serving in the combat arms" have to do with the original question?

EVERY member of the armed forces was included and that's all that counts towards the response.

And, there are people from all over the military spectrum who now find themselves in combat situations, even firing weapons to protect themselves and their comrades.

Infantry
Field Artillery
Air Defense Artillery
Special Forces

I wasnt talking to you , I was talking to Fakey. I was Navy 1979-1992, NEC 0812, 0879, 0880. I have never heard anyone say they served in combat arms.

My brother is retired from the 82nd Airborne and I asked him being Army and he said people dont go around saying they served in combat arms. :eusa_shhh:

No one is concerned if your panties are in a twist, because you have not heard terms that others have told you were used 30 years ago.

What in the hell does "serving in the combat arms" have to do with the original question?

EVERY member of the armed forces was included and that's all that counts towards the response.

And, there are people from all over the military spectrum who now find themselves in combat situations, even firing weapons to protect themselves and their comrades.

Yes, I agree with you times have changed, and that is one of the reasons why women should be included in the MOSs that make up the combat arms. :lol:

Your opinion, of course. What you deem 'liberal' is probably centrist and right of center.

Most of the Army personnel with whom I served were apolitical and generally right of center socially and culturally.

Back in those days, soldiers generally felt they had a president who had their backs?

Infantry
Field Artillery
Air Defense Artillery
Special Forces

It's a way of grouping together all those who fight. Our warriors are conservative. Our administrative guru's are less conservative, but conservative still.

Back in those days, soldiers generally felt they had a president who had their backs?

icon14.gif
Indeed. Ronald Reagan certainly did. And I was proud to serve him and this Republic.

icon14.gif
Indeed. Ronald Reagan certainly did. And I was proud to serve him and this Republic.

Who gives a shit what you're proud of? Do you care if people are proud to work at McDonalds or not?

Forum List

Back