Does the Military Respect President Obama?

Does the Military Respect President Obama?

• Total voters
Having previously served 12 years in the military under both Bush and Obama I can tell you that our combat arms services are overwhelmingly conservative and certainly not apolitical. You think they are politically ignorant as opposed to the civilian population? You don't think they talk? You don't think they vote?

You served as long as I did in the combat arms, I agree that many are conservative, and they would your comments about not being faithful to their oaths to be coarse and unpatriotic to the brotherhood of arms.

They would not then or now put up with your nonsense.

If the former is true then you are aware the latter is undeniably false.

No "if", poser. You know the chain of command never tolerated your nonsense. We all learned to serve honorably under commanders with whom we might not like or disagree. No one would have every dishonorably failed to live up to the honorable conditions of the service.

That is why the far right Oath Weepers are such a joke.

That is bullshit.

You think to the contrary? You would be wrong. The closer to get to combat jobs the number of conservatives increase in the military. Of course, the military is already dominated by conservatives.

As I said earlier....conservatives are more suited to the military lifestyle than liberals.....but you cannot prove that liberal soldiers are less combat ready...or less competent as combat soldiers than conservative soldiers. That is retarded. You are trying to play with a stereotype that does not fly in reality.

In your experience....how are military assignments decided for incoming recruits in a time of war?

I made no claim that liberal soldiers are less combat ready. I also made no claim that liberal soldiers are any less competent than conservative ones. All I said was that the closer you get to combat jobs the more conservatives you run across in the military. Liberals are far more likely to join service and support jobs in the military.

You served as long as I did in the combat arms, I agree that many are conservative, and they would your comments about not being faithful to their oaths to be coarse and unpatriotic to the brotherhood of arms.

They would not then or now put up with your nonsense.

If the former is true then you are aware the latter is undeniably false.

No "if", poser. You know the chain of command never tolerated your nonsense. We all learned to serve honorably under commanders with whom we might not like or disagree. No one would have every dishonorably failed to live up to the honorable conditions of the service.

That is why the far right Oath Weepers are such a joke.

The chain of command? They were worse than we were behind office doors and at the O club!

The military respects the office and the authority the office wields. However if you are a combat fighter pilot, a special forces warrior, SEAL, war planner, strategy and tactics professional, black ops expert.....it is hard to give props to a community organizer who is advised and protected by political hacks, and has no experience whatsoever in the art of war.

The "advised and protected by political hacks" is the big issue. Foreign policy should be ALMOST void of domestic opinion. When it comes to the lives of our troops, however, Obama asks first whether the measure is politically popular and second whether the measure will save lives and achieve the mission.

That is bullshit.

You think to the contrary? You would be wrong. The closer to get to combat jobs the number of conservatives increase in the military. Of course, the military is already dominated by conservatives.

As I said earlier....conservatives are more suited to the military lifestyle than liberals.....but you cannot prove that liberal soldiers are less combat ready...or less competent as combat soldiers than conservative soldiers. That is retarded. You are trying to play with a stereotype that does not fly in reality.

In your experience....how are military assignments decided for incoming recruits in a time of war?

You would think that far left Obama drones like yourself would be perfectly suited the military.

I made no claim that liberal soldiers are less combat ready. I also made no claim that liberal soldiers are any less competent than conservative ones. All I said was that the closer you get to combat jobs the more conservatives you run across in the military. Liberals are far more likely to join service and support jobs in the military.

The far left hates the military and the so called "Military Industrial Complex".

The far left hates the military and the so called "Military Industrial Complex".

Evidently they think military pensions constitute a "military industrial complex." Too bad they don't feel the same way about the much higher paid unionized federal employees.

Evidently they think military pensions constitute a "military industrial complex." Too bad they don't feel the same way about the much higher paid unionized federal employees.

The far left could care less about anything but getting their way and they will sacrifice millions to do it.

You keep saying that. When are you going to support it?

When are YOU?

When are YOU?

Nutters are always expecting others to do their work for them.

FDR warned that Unionizing Federal Employees was a bad idea...

“It is impossible to bargain collectively with the government.”

That wasn’t Newt Gingrich, or Ron Paul, or Ronald Reagan talking. That was George Meany -- the former president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O -- in 1955. Government unions are unremarkable today, but the labor movement once thought the idea absurd.

The founders of the labor movement viewed unions as a vehicle to get workers more of the profits they help create. Government workers, however, don’t generate profits. They merely negotiate for more tax money. When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.”

Government collective bargaining means voters do not have the final say on public policy. Instead their elected representatives must negotiate spending and policy decisions with unions. That is not exactly democratic – a fact that unions once recognized.

George Meany was not alone. Up through the 1950s, unions widely agreed that collective bargaining had no place in government. But starting with Wisconsin in 1959, states began to allow collective bargaining in government. The influx of dues and members quickly changed the union movement’s tune, and collective bargaining in government is now widespread. As a result unions can now insist on laws that serve their interests – at the expense of the common good.

/SNIP

F.D.R. Warned Us About Public Sector Unions - NYTimes.com

I already have!

Not as true as the higher up in rank you go, the more conservatives you run across...they are no longer the ones closest to combat....but they ARE the ones closest to working with or even in the military-industrial complex.

Duke Cunningham was an example of self-serving conservative senior officer and Vietnam pilot ace. Brokered his fame into a Congressional District, got on the Armed Services Committee and sold out his shipmates for a bribe from the military-industrial complex.

Last edited:

Not as true as the higher up in rank you go, the more conservatives you run across...they are no longer the ones closest to combat....but they ARE the ones closest to working with or even in the military-industrial complex.

Duke Cunningham was an example of self-serving conservative senior officer and Vietnam pilot ace. Brokered his fame into a Congressional District, got on the Armed Services Committee and sold out his shipmates for a bribe from the military-industrial complex.

Possibly true for officers, not as true for enlisted.

Forum List

Back