Does the Military Respect President Obama?

Does the Military Respect President Obama?

• Total voters
You have not supported anything beyond agreeing that conservatives are more likely to thrive in a military environment. More conservatives equals more conservatives in combat.

The idea that liberals are more likely to find there way into fields other than combat might be true....but you have not proven it. If it is true, it could have something to do with overall intelligence. And you certainly have not proven anything about alpha males being conservative in greater numbers than liberal. All stereotypes....no evidence.

I've worked with the military for over 30 years. Right now there are probably 20% black and another 20% Hispanic with 20% female. I don't see that demographic hating Obama or Democrats in general

The remaining 40% white male tends to be very religious and very conservative. I saw how much they hated Carter then turned their hate to Clinton and Obama. It has little to do with Obamas race and everything to do with an inbred conservative hatred of all things Democrat
Nice back peddle of that "SOUTHERN REDNECK" bull shit.

I spent 8 years ACTIVE DUTY, a little different than "working for." You have no idea what REALLY goes on inside the rank and file GI's world, and yes they are predominately conservative, man, woman, white, black, hispanic, etc., and THAT is why you libtards hate the military. Simply because the majority of them identify as conservative and/or republican.

So that's why their absentee ballots are always getting "lost."
Only 8 years? Why not stay for the long haul after that? I did 21 years and I pretty much agree with rightwinger's assessment. But one thing, many Democrats in the military learn to keep quiet about it around senior people who are hoping to jump on that military industrial gravy train after they retire....and that means being "out" about supporting RW/GOP politics.
You did 21 years what?

I spent 8 because I'm a service connected disabled veteran, and you're as wrong as leftwinger is.

Makes me think you're both a couple of liars.

You have not supported anything beyond agreeing that conservatives are more likely to thrive in a military environment. More conservatives equals more conservatives in combat.

The idea that liberals are more likely to find there way into fields other than combat might be true....but you have not proven it. If it is true, it could have something to do with overall intelligence. And you certainly have not proven anything about alpha males being conservative in greater numbers than liberal. All stereotypes....no evidence.

Much of what you say is true. I can only speak from past experience.

I spent 8 years ACTIVE DUTY, a little different than "working for." You have no idea what REALLY goes on inside the rank and file GI's world, and yes they are predominately conservative, man, woman, white, black, hispanic, etc., and THAT is why you libtards hate the military. Simply because the majority of them identify as conservative and/or republican.

Only 8 years? Why not stay for the long haul after that? I did 21 years and I pretty much agree with rightwinger's assessment. But one thing, many Democrats in the military learn to keep quiet about it around senior people who are hoping to jump on that military industrial gravy train after they retire....and that means being "out" about supporting RW/GOP politics.
You did 21 years what?

I spent 8 because I'm a service connected disabled veteran, and you're as wrong as leftwinger is.

Any liberal who served and who claims that the military is not overwhelmingly conservative, "especially in combat arms," is a liar. I am that confident.

You did 21 years what?

You'd be correct on BOTH counts.

What a bonehead comment.

Our warriors are men and women, heterosexual and homosexual, college educated and not, liberal and conservative and apolitical.

You need to learn to love America

Having previously served 12 years in the military under both Bush and Obama I can tell you that our combat arms services are overwhelmingly conservative and certainly not apolitical. You think they are politically ignorant as opposed to the civilian population? You don't think they talk? You don't think they vote?

You served as long as I did in the combat arms, I agree that many are conservative, and they would your comments about not being faithful to their oaths to be coarse and unpatriotic to the brotherhood of arms.

They would not then or now put up with your nonsense.

WTF is comat arms? do you mean the infantry or Airborne? What was your MOS? I never head of anyone in the military ever say they served in combat arms. Served in Combat, yes, combat arms , never

Last edited:
Having previously served 12 years in the military under both Bush and Obama I can tell you that our combat arms services are overwhelmingly conservative and certainly not apolitical. You think they are politically ignorant as opposed to the civilian population? You don't think they talk? You don't think they vote?

You served as long as I did in the combat arms, I agree that many are conservative, and they would your comments about not being faithful to their oaths to be coarse and unpatriotic to the brotherhood of arms.

They would not then or now put up with your nonsense.

WTF is comat arms? do you mean the infantry or Airborne? What was your MOS? I never head of anyone in the military ever say they served in combat arms. Served in Combat, yes, comat arms , never

0311 was my primary. But that is only one of many combat MOS's. Therefore, so as to encompass them all, they are called combat arms. A different area than combat service support. You did not know this and you served? Really!!?? Did I really need to explain this common, standardized, and well known term to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Arms
In the United States Army the following branches are considered Combat Arms:
Infantry
Armor (including Armored Cavalry)
Field Artillery
Air Defense Artillery
Army Aviation (e.g., Attack Helicopter and Air Cavalry units)
Special Forces
Engineers (only Combat Engineers, e.g. Land Mine Clearance and Route Clearance (Also done by construction engineers in combat heavy units)).

Last edited:
Nope. Just stating a plainly obvious fact, that's all.

Why? Why would you do that?

Have a HARD ON for TK or what? YOU seem to be stalking certain people around here? WHY would you do that? Is your life that lonely and miserable?

Take some advice? You need a check-up from the neck up.

You are projecting. It is you who has the hard on for me, dummy. Keep coming....I'll keep having fun at your expense.

Why? Why would you do that?

Have a HARD ON for TK or what? YOU seem to be stalking certain people around here? WHY would you do that? Is your life that lonely and miserable?

You are projecting. It is you who has the hard on for me, dummy. Keep coming....I'll keep having fun at your expense.
NO, you'll keep bolstering your abject stupidity.

NO, you'll keep bolstering your abject stupidity.

Wow! That was a really cool sentence. Way to go!

Forum List

Back