CDZ Does the Texas church shooting change the gun debate? 6 seconds to stop the attacker....

Just think if that church had been one of the Libtard's stupid "gun free zones"!

No telling how many people would have been slaughter by somebody committing a crime against people that had no means to defend themselves.

Eventually the police would have arrived but Biden's recommended shotgun would have done tremendous damage in the meantime.

It is there for the world to see.....a shooter is stopped in 6 seconds by an armed citizen....lives are lost, but many more lives are saved...how many?

In Russia, a shooter with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun killed 20 people and injured 70 with the police station 300 meters away from the location.

In the Texas Church shooting, a shooter with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun killed two, but in the 6 seconds he revealed himself, he was dead, and stopped by an armed citizen.

Can you honestly say that this doesn't create doubt if you are an anti-gun supporter....?
I don't think of myself as anti-gun, more like anti-gun violence. If Texas churches want to allow guns that is their call. I think the debate should be over how this, seemingly deranged, person got possession of a firearm and what can be done to prevent future incidents.

If you REALLY want the answers to how deranged people get firearms and what we can do to prevent it, you will be the first.

For decades I've studied the issue and neither side cares. The left don't want to know because the answer does not require gun control to stop it and the right consists of reactionaries that will not, under any circumstances, take the initiative to really cut down on potential shooters. Everybody likes simplistic answers, so the best I can boil it down to without giving you the 20 page synopsis goes like this:

The parents of children with the assistance and urging of the government, doctors, mental health officials, and Big Pharma create most of these shooters. These are also the same people that create most drug addicts.

When you figure out that we need to identify and treat the mentally imbalanced before they act, you're closer to your answer. That answer is NOT in Red Flag Laws, gun bans, background checks, bans of the features of weapons, registration, waiting periods or the rest of that abject stupidity that has proven NOT TO WORK. I know the answer. You just won't get it in ten sentences and two paragraphs; it won't fit on a bumper sticker; it won't be a catchy slogan.

I often wonder why we haven't made murder illegal yet.......I mean...shouldn't we do that to stop people from killing each other?
So your point is that, since some people will break the law, we shouldn't have laws?

Why do you guys always use that fake talking point? What we have in this country is a political party, the democrat party, that does everything it can to let repeat gun offenders out of jail on bond, or no bond, and out of prison on short sentences....sentences they change to make as short as possible......then the repeat gun offender goes out, gets an illegal gun and shoots people......

Here is my solution to both regular gun criminals and mass pubic shooters....and they actually work....

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....
What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..
I don't think I have any major issues with your plan. Has it ever been implemented anywhere in the US?

Nope.

In fact, the democrat party does the exact opposite....which is why Chicago, Balitmore, St. Louis, New Orleans, D.C. and the other cities they completely control have such high gun murder and gun crime rates.........they all have revolving door policies for violent repeat gun offenders.

It has, however, been implemented in Japan...against their Yakuza...it is where I came to understand the solution to gun crime......locking up actual gun criminals. The Yakuza would use guns, grenades to conduct their wars against each other....now, they have long prison sentences for merely having a gun....and in Japan, their conviction rate is over 95%.....so if you are caught you are doing time.......so now, with long prison sentences, their criminals stopped using guns in all but the rarest of situations.....
I think you're only giving us a part of the Japanese solution:

If Japanese people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam.​

Glad we aren't Japan. BTW, since you want to be like Japan, did you know that Japan is basically (over 97 percent) one race of people? You think homogeneous people have lower violent crime rates?

Don't rely on too simplistic an answer when there are so many other variables to consider.

[

So your point is that, since some people will break the law, we shouldn't have laws?

The point was that gun control laws don't stop criminals from having and using firearms, only taking away Constitutional Liberty away from American citizens.
Sorry but I don't buy it. Other countries have gun control laws and have fewer gun deaths than the US.
How many of our gun deaths are not suicides or done with illegal guns?
Not many.

Bullshit. Most gun crimes are done by people that passed background checks, registered their weapons, and did everything by the book.

Why do you guys always use that fake talking point? What we have in this country is a political party, the democrat party, that does everything it can to let repeat gun offenders out of jail on bond, or no bond, and out of prison on short sentences....sentences they change to make as short as possible......then the repeat gun offender goes out, gets an illegal gun and shoots people......

Here is my solution to both regular gun criminals and mass pubic shooters....and they actually work....

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Mass shooters

1) end gun free zones

2) get the media to stop covering mass shootings like it is the Oscars.....

3) We are already seeing this...get people who know these nuts to report these nuts....

4) Make sure the police who know these nuts arrest these nuts when they have the chance so they will pop on background checks....
What does each do to stop mass shooters....

1) keeps shooters from targeting people, since they target gun free zones.

2) The media not covering it like they are the criminal oscars deters copycats...just like they stopped covering teen suicides to stop the copycat effect

3) The only way to stop mass shooters, since they commit no other crime, is for family, coworkers and neighbors to report their violent behavior....the Odessa shooter should have felonies for the crimes he was committing but they didn't report his shooting his weapon from his front porch....

4) The Parkland shooter had 33 contacts with police and numerous contacts with police at his school.....due to Obama's "Promise Program" the police never arrested him for the felonies he committed....so he didn't pop on the background check..
I don't think I have any major issues with your plan. Has it ever been implemented anywhere in the US?

Nope.

In fact, the democrat party does the exact opposite....which is why Chicago, Balitmore, St. Louis, New Orleans, D.C. and the other cities they completely control have such high gun murder and gun crime rates.........they all have revolving door policies for violent repeat gun offenders.

It has, however, been implemented in Japan...against their Yakuza...it is where I came to understand the solution to gun crime......locking up actual gun criminals. The Yakuza would use guns, grenades to conduct their wars against each other....now, they have long prison sentences for merely having a gun....and in Japan, their conviction rate is over 95%.....so if you are caught you are doing time.......so now, with long prison sentences, their criminals stopped using guns in all but the rarest of situations.....
I think you're only giving us a part of the Japanese solution:

If Japanese people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam.​

No...that isn't the issue.....since the Yakuza don't follow those laws especially for their machine guns and grenades.

Do you guys really think those laws stop violent criminals from getting guns if they want them?

And normal people do not misuse guns even without those laws....as we find here in the U.S.....our crime rate isn't driven by normal gun owners but by people who are already banned from owning guns.

Japan...explain how any of those regulations stop this...

The Great Japanese Gang Wars

The season for pineapples (yakuza slang for hand grenades) may finally be over. Jake Adelstein and Nathalie-Kyoko Stucky on the bloody, seven-year battle between the Dojin-kai and the Seido-kai.

In Southern Japan, the brutal pineapple season may finally be over; pineapple is yakuza slang for “hand grenade”—one of the many weapons utilized in a seven-year gang war between the Dojin-kai (1,000 members) and the splinter group the Kyushu Seido-kei (500 members).

----
---
The Gangs That Couldn’t Shoot Straight
The Dojin-kai and the Seido-kai are Kyushu-based yakuza gangs, once part of the same faction founded in 1971 in Kurume, Fukuoka Prefecture, by Isoji Koga. When the second generation Dojin-kai boss Seijiro Matsuo retired in May 2006, there was a fight over succession, and the group split into two factions, sparking a bloody gang war—where escalation seemed a matter of course.

It started with shootings and bombs being thrown, and before it ended, the two gangs were lobbing grenades and Molotov cocktails, shooting machine guns, and sometimes attacking their own men.
-----
In May, a 9-year-old child found a hand grenade in a rice field in Iizuka, Fukuoka Prefecture, and took it home, to the astonishment of his father, who handed it over to the local police. According to the police, there were no yakuza headquarters where the grenade was found.

The numbers of grenades used and seized in the war became so problematic that by April 2012, the Fukuoka Prefecture Police became the first in Japan to offer cash rewards to anyone who reported finding a hand grenade.

You are promoting absolute horseshit on this point.

[

The point was that gun control laws don't stop criminals from having and using firearms, only taking away Constitutional Liberty away from American citizens.
Sorry but I don't buy it. Other countries have gun control laws and have fewer gun deaths than the US.

Other countries don't have millions of inner city ghetto assholes that commit most of the gun crimes in the US.

If we shipped our Negroes and Illegals over to any other country their gun crime would sky rocket.
Short of shipping our 'Negroes and Illegals' over to another country, what's your solution? Give those 'Negroes and Illegals' more guns?

You have seen my solution....and it works. Nothing the anti-gunners suggest actually work...they simply ratchet down on normal gun owners with red tape, taxes, fees and arbitrary laws that only increase legal peril to normal people....

Unfortunately, your attempt at suggestion viable solutions are no better than the liberals.

Here is the thing I don't understand from the left OR the right:

If you know a person poses a threat to society, why in the Hell are they allowed to roam free among the citizenry? If you know someone cannot be trusted with a firearm, they might resort to an automobile, machete, knife, poison, etc.

[

Not many.

Bullshit. Most gun crimes are done by people that passed background checks, registered their weapons, and did everything by the book.
Satire?

[

Not many.

That is wrong...most gun crimes are not done by people who pass background checks and registered their weapons, that is not true even slightly. Most crime is committed by people with long histories of crime.....90% of murder is committed by people with long histories of crime and violence that would include murder with guns.

The idea that normal people kill is a myth...it isn't true.

Here is the thing I don't understand from the left OR the right:

If you know a person poses a threat to society, why in the Hell are they allowed to roam free among the citizenry? If you know someone cannot be trusted with a firearm, they might resort to an automobile, machete, knife, poison, etc.

It is called due process..........where you actually have to commit a crime to lose your freedom and Rights...... it took humanity a long time to get to that concept....and now that we have it you would like to throw it away...

[

Not many.

That is wrong...most gun crimes are not done by people who pass background checks and registered their weapons, that is not true even slightly. Most crime is committed by people with long histories of crime.....90% of murder is committed by people with long histories of crime and violence that would include murder with guns.

Yea I doubt those felon gang bangers aquired their guns legally lol

[

Not many.

This is how wrong you are....

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."
-------

But actual research has produced an unbroken record of recantations by criminologists who once agreed with Zimring. In the late 1970's the US Department of Justice (DOJ) funded and tasked the University of Massachusetts' Social and Demographic Research Institute to review and evaluate the entire extant literature on gun control in the US and elsewhere.

The Institute's resulting report observed: "It is commonly hypothesized that much criminal violence, especially homicide, occurs simply because the means of lethal violence (firearms) are readily at hand, and, thus, that much homicide would not occur were firearms generally less available. There is no persuasive evidence that supports this view." (emphasis added)
--------

Public Health and Gun Control --- A Review (Part II: Gun Violence and Constitutional Issues) | Hacienda Publishing

Another favorite view of the gun control, public health establishment is the myth propounded by Dr. Mark Rosenberg, former head of the NCIPC of the CDC, who has written: "Most of the perpetrators of violence are not criminals by trade or profession. Indeed, in the area of domestic violence, most of the perpetrators are never accused of any crime. The victims and perpetrators are ourselves --- ordinary citizens, students, professionals, and even public health workers."(6)

That statement is contradicted by available data, government data. The fact is that the typical murderer has had a prior criminal history of at least six years with four felony arrests in his record before he finally commits murder.

(17) The FBI statistics reveal that 75 percent of all violent crimes for any locality are committed by six percent of hardened criminals and repeat offenders.(18)

Less than 2 percent of crimes committed with firearms are carried out by licensed (e.g., concealed carry permit holders) law-abiding citizens.(11)

Violent crimes continue to be a problem in the inner cities with gangs involved in the drug trade. Crimes in rural areas for both blacks and whites, despite the preponderance of guns in this setting, remain low.(11,19)

Gun availability does not cause crime. Prohibitionist government policies and gun control (rather than crime control) exacerbates the problem by making it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves, their families, and their property. In fact, there was a modest increase in both homicide and suicide after prohibition and passage of the Gun Control Act of 1968.(20)

[

Not many.

Again...you are wrong....

When Gun Violence Felt Like a Disease, a City in Delaware Turned to the C.D.C.

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

They were here to examine gun violence.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
.-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,”

the report said. “Our findings suggest that integrating data systems could help these individuals better receive the early, comprehensive help that they need to prevent violence involvement.”

Researchers analyzed data on 569 people charged with firearm crimes from 2009 to May 21, 2014, and looked for certain risk factors in their lives, such as whether they had been unemployed, had received help from assistance programs, had been possible victims of child abuse, or had been shot or stabbed. The idea was to show that linking such data could create a better understanding of who might need help before becoming involved in violence.

[

Not many.

And more as to why you are wrong.....

Beyond Gun Control

Lost in the debate is that even in high-crime cities, the risk of gun violence is mostly concentrated among a small number of men.

In Oakland, for instance, crime experts working with the police department a few years ago found that about 1,000 active members of a few dozen street groups drove most homicides.

That’s .3 percent of Oakland’s population. And even within this subgroup, risk fluctuated according to feuds and other beefs. In practical terms, the experts found that over a given stretch of several months only about 50 to 100 men are at the highest risk of shooting someone or getting shot.

Most of these men have criminal records. But it’s not drug deals or turf wars that drives most of the shootings.

Instead, the violence often starts with what seems to outsiders like trivial stuff—“a fight over a girlfriend, a couple of words, a dispute over a dice game,” said Vaughn Crandall, a senior strategist at the California Partnership for Safe Communities, which did the homicide analysis for Oakland.

Not many.

Yea I doubt those felon gang bangers aquired their guns legally lol

Maybe he mis-typed that post........

[

Not many.

The majority of victims of gun crime are criminals....

Most murder victims in big cities have criminal record - WND

A review of murder statistics across America shows that in many large cities, up to 90 percent of the victims have criminal records.
-------
The report concludes that “of the 2011 homicide victims, 77 percent (66) had a least one prior arrest and of the known 2011 homicide suspects 90 percent (74) had at least one prior arrest.”
----------

In early 2012, after pressure put on the police by murder victims’ families in New Orleans, the police department stopped revealing whether or not the murder victim had a prior record.

---------------

Though data is no longer published in Baltimore, USA Today reported in 2007 that 91 percent of the then-205 murder victims in the city between Jan. 1 and Aug. 31, 2007, had criminal records.

---------
A WND review of the Philadelphia Police Department Murder and Shooting Analysis for 2011 shows a similar pattern to that of other large cities in America – a majority of the murder victims have prior records.

[

Either passing a background check or not is absolutely no guarantee that you will or will not commit a crime with a gun.

Most gun crimes are committed by people that have never bothered to get a gun legally.

The only accurate thing about your statement is that most of the high profile mass shooters passed a background check. But they are minor players in world of gun crimes compared to the gang bangers, druggies and big city shithole street thugs

Background checks are as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

It is there for the world to see.....a shooter is stopped in 6 seconds by an armed citizen....lives are lost, but many more lives are saved...how many?

In Russia, a shooter with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun killed 20 people and injured 70 with the police station 300 meters away from the location.

In the Texas Church shooting, a shooter with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun killed two, but in the 6 seconds he revealed himself, he was dead, and stopped by an armed citizen.

Can you honestly say that this doesn't create doubt if you are an anti-gun supporter....?

Not for Pocahauntus. She still thinks folks shouldn't have guns except for her body guards.

[

Either passing a background check or not is absolutely no guarantee that you will or will not commit a crime with a gun.

Most gun crimes are committed by people that have never bothered to get a gun legally.

The only accurate thing about your statement is that most of the high profile mass shooters passed a background check. But they are minor players in world of gun crimes compared to the gang bangers, druggies and big city shithole street thugs

Background checks are as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Yep.....10 people out of 320 million in 2019........12 people in 2018......

[

Not many.

Satire?

Would you care for a list of examples?

Forum List

Back