Does the Trump Admin. not understand what an appropriation is and means?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
Why is anyone talking about this business of paying for Trump's wall using DoD funding? I realize Trump probably has no idea of what an appropriation is and what are the implications of the appropriations process. What makes no sense to me is why anyone else is talking about it, beyond noting that to redirect appropriated funds to a program for which they weren't appropriated is illegal. Period.
This is the sort of thing one's taught in fifth grade social studies...It's in the same realm as Christopher Columbus, 1492 and the ocean blue....Or remembering that Jefferson wrote the Declaration. [1]

How does one forget stuff that was taught in the fifth grade? One doesn't forget that kind of stuff. Quite simply, one never learned it.

Note:
  1. Because, of course, if Adams were the one to do it, they'd have run their quill pens through it. LOL

1776 was the "Hamilton" of my youth. All the forms took field trips to NYC to see it on Broadway. It was one of the few times I recall not falling asleep on the way back from somewhere.

Last edited:
Why is anyone talking about this business of paying for Trump's wall using DoD funding? I realize Trump probably has no idea of what an appropriation is and what are the implications of the appropriations process. What makes no sense to me is why anyone else is talking about beyond noting that to redirect appropriated funds to a program for which they weren't appropriated is illegal. Period.
This is the sort of thing one's taught in fifth grade social studies...It's in the same realm as Christopher Columbus, 1492 and the ocean blue....Or remembering that Jefferson wrote the Declaration. [1]

How does one forget stuff that was taught in the fifth grade? One doesn't forget that kind of stuff. Quite simply, one never learned it.

Note:
  1. Because, of course, if Adams were the one to do it, they'd have run their quill pens through it. LOL

1776 was the "Hamilton" of my youth. All the forms took field trips to NYC to see it on Broadway. It was one of the few times I recall not falling asleep on the way back from somewhere.

in response to your query, that would be a big no.

to protect from all threats both foreign and domestic! That wall will protect America from the invaders so use of those funds is most appropriate!

Why is anyone talking about this business of paying for Trump's wall using DoD funding? I realize Trump probably has no idea of what an appropriation is and what are the implications of the appropriations process. What makes no sense to me is why anyone else is talking about it, beyond noting that to redirect appropriated funds to a program for which they weren't appropriated is illegal. Period.

Note:

Anyone remember this?

Note:

I would of gone to see the show, until they decided to attack the VP.

The "source" that brought it up mentioned appropriations and he would have to get Congress to OK it.
So enjoy yelling at your bedroom wall.
Why would Congress approve a military appropriation for TH3 WALL™ when they just refused to provide one in the omnibus budget?

After Obama funneled billions to his pet liberal causes we don't want to hear squat from the left about Trump and the wall.

After Obama funneled billions to his pet liberal causes we don't want to hear squat from the left about Trump and the wall.
Pet liberal causes like funding the International Museum of Muslim Cultures during the government shutdown, right? :lol:

Yeah, I remember hearing something about that in passing last night in the radio, I thought it maybe it was a threat, or he was joking.

Then I thought of all the trillions that goes missing in the DoD budget, and thought, well, if the administration actually did an decent audit, they could probably squeeze the money out of there if they wanted to.

Let's face it, this isn't about the money, it's is hidden away in the wasteful budget, we are already spending it. . . .

This is about the fact that certain groups just don't want it built.

If he does build it with the money we are already spending via some creative accounting, they will probably move to impeach. . . .

Even if he didn't cut anybody's pet programs or put anyone out of a job. Even if he provided hundreds of jobs, it all wouldn't matter and provided increased security. . . .

The simple fact is, they don't want secure borders, and THAT is the honest reality of the situation.

(And you're nuts if you think I'm reading an 102 page document for this thread to prove the administration can claim that it is using DoD as an appropriations excuse. I'm sure it can find it in there.)

Note:

Of course they don't understand. Remember when Trump first said Healthcare legislation and Infrastructure legislation were the easiest things to do in the world? But then they weren't.

You, too, can be a millionaire and not pay taxes! How? First, get a million dollars. Then don't pay your taxes. -Steve Martin

Note:

Since when did snowflakes suddenly become concerned about the President spending money on items not approved by Congress?

https://nypost.com/2016/05/12/obama-administration-illegally-funding-obamacare/

Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu

Pro-Muslim Obama Is Spending 1.7 Billion Dollars Of Your Taxpayer Money To Give To Five Million Illegals Via Obama’s Amnesty

Judge: Billions spent illegally on ACA benefits - SCOTUSblog

Note:

I've probably seen over 100 broadway shows. it was the best show I've ever seen.

and they didn't "attack" the vice president. the vice president wasn't offended by the cast members saying they appreciated him being at the show but asked him to please remember that he represents everyone in this country. there was nothing offended.

the only one pretend offended was the orange internet troll who started ranting and raving about it because his "base" likes that.

if you miss the show, no problem... more tickets for me. I've seen it twice. *shrug*

Note:

It is not about what the Trump Admin understands, it is about what Trump understands. He makes his stupid ass comments and you know his whole admin is like "oh fuck, not another one..."

Note:

I've probably seen over 100 broadway shows. it was the best show I've ever seen.

and they didn't "attack" the vice president. the vice president wasn't offended by the cast members saying they appreciated him being at the show but asked him to please remember that he represents everyone in this country. there was nothing offended.

the only one pretend offended was the orange internet troll who started ranting and raving about it because his "base" likes that.

if you miss the show, no problem... more tickets for me. I've seen it twice. *shrug*

It takes a special kind of gullibility to believe they didn't criticize him.

Forum List

Back