Does Trump Have A Plan To Stop School Shootings?

well since about 80 percent of rifles owned by everyone are semi-automatic, she is.
70% and i have no problem stopping the sales of semi automatic , Which I owe many of , I could keep mine and anyone else can keep theirs because like me they were bought in a time thinking about hunting and not by Gun Bubbas hate Nazi's thinking about their killing power for people. Like I always have said the biggest threat to the seconds are the Gun Bubbas from the right. This countries doesn't want weapons in the hands of America's brand of Nazi's/

And your plan, almighty brain?

Complaining is easy, but in all these pages I have seen no solutions put forth.
God this is simple , first thing is to ban the gun that is used just about every school shooting. Hell that seems to be the only reason to buy them, right wing crazy's thinking about using them to shoot up a school.

This from Forbes:

Kamala Harris, the Democratic nominee for president, has made what she calls “freedom to live safe from gun violence” an important plank of her presidential campaign. At her first rally in July, she expressed support for policies, including passage of so-called red flag laws, universal background checks and a prohibition of sales of assault weapons to civilians.

Some states already have red flag laws which allow courts to order the temporary seizure of firearms from a person who they believe may present a danger. But there is no federal legislation. Every state has its own distinct laws when it comes to background checks, with no overarching federal law. And the United States had a federal assault weapons ban from 1994 to 2004. But after the act expired it was not extended by Congress.

As attorney general in California in 2012, Harris seized more than 2,000 firearms from individuals legally barred from possessing them, including persons determined to be mentally unstable and those with active restraining orders.

And as vice president, Harris has overseen the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention. To specifically address school shootings, the office’s strategy has focused on stopping juveniles and people experiencing mental health crises from accessing firearms. And the office has underscored the mental health needs of students, particularly those impacted by gun violence.

Gun violence is a leading cause of premature death in the U.S. There were more than 43,000 gun-related fatalities—homicides, suicides and accidents involving firearms—nationwide in 2023. When Surgeon General Vivek Murthy issued a landmark advisory in June declaring firearm violence to be a public health crisis, his statement sounded similar to the one posted by the American Medical Association in 2016.

But repeated attempts to introduce gun control measures such as a ban on assault weapons have run into formidable opposition in the U.S. Congress as well as the judiciary. Such hurdles to firearm measures are expected to continue to crop up if Harris is elected president and attempts to push forward changes in gun laws.

Despite the decline in number of gun-related deaths in 2023 compared to 2020, when there were more than 45,000, it’s still a very high figure. Furthermore, the number of people killed by firearms grew by nearly 43% between 2010 and 2020, according to a National Institute for Health Care Management report. This means that the baseline levels of deaths are considerably higher than they were 15 years ago.

Among high-income countries with populations of 10 million or more, the U.S. ranks first in terms of age-adjusted firearm homicide rates, 33 times greater than in Australia and 77 times the rate in Germany.

And while Americans make up 4% of the world’s population, they own approximately 46% of the estimated 857 million weapons in civilian hands. As such, the U.S. has by far the highest rate of privately owned guns per inhabitant. Yemen, the country with the second highest gun ownership rate worldwide, only has half of the U.S. per capita rate.

=====

Anything else?
Once again, all Kommiela has is shitting on the Constitution and confiscating guns.

70% and i have no problem stopping the sales of semi automatic , Which I owe many of , I could keep mine and anyone else can keep theirs because like me they were bought in a time thinking about hunting and not by Gun Bubbas hate Nazi's thinking about their killing power for people. Like I always have said the biggest threat to the seconds are the Gun Bubbas from the right. This countries doesn't want weapons in the hands of America's brand of Nazi's/
Why isn't there mass shootings at NRA conventions, Simp?

Why isn't there mass shootings at NRA conventions, Simp?
Because they ban guns.

shohei-ohtani.gif

Nice try to walk it back.

I’m sure you’ll spend the next 2 hours trying to repair the damage. Good luck.
What did I walk back, exactly?

You lied about there not being guns at NRA conventions. I exposed you as the lying sack of vermin shit you are.

Next?

What did I walk back, exactly?

You lied about there not being guns at NRA conventions. I exposed you as the lying sack of vermin shit you are.

Next?
And so it begins.

Why did they ban guns?

Why did you lie about them banning guns?

Do you plan to continue to lie about them banning guns?

Start your spin...I’ll be back in about 20 minutes to see if you’re still ranting.

And so it begins.

Why did they ban guns?

Why did you lie about them banning guns?

Do you plan to continue to lie about them banning guns?

Start your spin...I’ll be back in about 20 minutes to see if you’re still ranting.
Really? Do you really think anyone is buying your bullshit? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back