Dominionists run for highest office in US

One, the moment of prayer referred to did not occur. Period.
Two, Washington believed in God but not in the sense evangelicals understand.

Three, Washington did not take communion after being challenged to do so by his Priest. Ever after, when at Arlington on Sundays, he walked in the church garden during Holy Eucharist.

Four, Washington would never support dominionism.

And what are you using to back that up? All I asked for was some proof of some kind other than people just saying so.

As to point four, I don't think anyone was even remotely trying to make the assertion that he would.

The points are factual and easily checked.

The points ARE factual and easily checked, but you won't see that happening here.

And what are you using to back that up? All I asked for was some proof of some kind other than people just saying so.

As to point four, I don't think anyone was even remotely trying to make the assertion that he would.

The points ARE factual and easily checked, but you won't see that happening here.

If so easy provide the links.

When claims are made, it is customary to backup said claims with evidence...

Not reply with "go check my facts yourself", like JokeStarkey does...

Dumbfucks... Both of you...

That's because some of these folks prefer to be ignorant. They'd rather close their eyes and ears. For some reason, some Christians feel totally threatened by ANY topic even remotely connected to Christianity. Dominionism is heresy. I would have expected more Christians to denounce it.

There are a couple of folks who will demand more and more proof, but it's BS. They don't accept any source of information besides Fox News and WorldNetDaily. It's an exercise in futility to acquiesce to their demands.

I am heartened to see some people come out and say they DON'T want a theocracy in the US.

It's enough for me that people, at least, have heard of this movement, and may pay a bit of attention to it.

The fact that it is the ideology of TWO GOP candidates for POTUS makes it noteworthy.

That's because some of these folks prefer to be ignorant. They'd rather close their eyes and ears. For some reason, some Christians feel totally threatened by ANY topic even remotely connected to Christianity. Dominionism is heresy. I would have expected more Christians to denounce it.

There are a couple of folks who will demand more and more proof, but it's BS. They don't accept any source of information besides Fox News and WorldNetDaily. It's an exercise in futility to acquiesce to their demands.

I am heartened to see some people come out and say they DON'T want a theocracy in the US.

It's enough for me that people, at least, have heard of this movement, and may pay a bit of attention to it.

The fact that it is the ideology of TWO GOP candidates for POTUS makes it noteworthy.

:rofl:

the gift that keeps on giving....

Once again for the truly SLOW and STUPID. There is no CHANCE of a theocracy in the United States. Even if Bachmann or Perry get elected there is not 218 Congressman or 51 Senators or 37 States that support the theocracy argument.

You claim you are protecting the 1st Amendment while DEMANDING certain religious people be persecuted for their religious beliefs, You demand that certain religions be denied the right to worship and run for Office.

You not they are threatening the Constitution.

This is ridiculous. Perry and Bachmann are running for POTUS, as is their right. That makes them open to criticism. I am pointing out that both are dominionist. If you think that in itself constitutes "persecution" then you give me far more credit than I deserve.

I am ONE person who opposes dominionism. You don't seem to mind it, that's your choice.

I am NOT denying Bachmann nor Perry the right to run for POTUS. I am warning people about what dominionism is, and that I consider it a grave threat to the United States.

I am DEMANDING nothing. I am saying I don't think Perry or Bachmann are good choices for POTUS. That is MY right as an American citizen.

It is YOU who wish to silence me.

You have made demands they be prevented from running, you have based that on the argument that somehow electing them President will create this supposed theocracy. I have pointed out you are simply ignorantly wrong.

I have made NO demands. I have expressed the opinion that neither Perry nor Bachmann are suitable choices for President. I am pointing out that it is a dangerous precedent to elect dominionists to the highest office in the land. If you think they won't make decisions for our country out of their ideology than I think you're wrong.

It isn't just the Presidency we are talking about here. They plan to obtain dominion in every area of our society, education, the arts, politics and government, media, science etc.

If you'd prefer to remain ignorant of this topic, then what are you doing on the thread? Clearly, dominionism exists. I didn't create it. They are gaining in mainstream influence to the point that not one, but two are running for POTUS.

It is obvious that right wing fundies have taken over the GOP. NO non-christian could be elected on a GOP ticket. Fundies swept Bush into office. He was considered by Pat Robertson to be their first "Regent".

“In March 1986, I was on a speaking tour in Iowa and received a copy of the following memo [Pat] Robertson had distributed to the Iowa Republican County Caucus titled, “How to Participate in a Political Party.” It read:

“Rule the world for God.

“Give the impression that you are there to work for the party, not push an ideology.

“Hide your strength.

“Don’t flaunt your Christianity.

“Christians need to take leadership positions. Party officers control political parties and so it is very important that mature Christians have a majority of leadership positions whenever possible, God willing.”[12]

On April 29, 1985, Billy Graham, the respected and world famous evangelist, told Pat Robertson’s audience on the 700 Club show that:

“[T]he time has come when evangelicals are going to have to think about getting organized corporately….I’m for evangelicals running for public office and winning if possible and getting control of the Congress, getting control of the bureaucracy, getting control of the executive branch of government. I think if we leave it to the other side we’re going to be lost. I would like to see every true believer involved in politics in some way shape or form
http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominionism/TheDespoilingOfAmerica.htm

Last edited:
Anyone who believes government should be run by their interpretation of 'biblical principles' at the expense of constitutional law probably is a supporter of theocratic government.

If you'd prefer to remain ignorant of this topic, then what are you doing on the thread?

mocking you, of course

you're not too quick, are you?

btw, not getting my boxers in a bunch over something that has as much chance of happening as you have of winning a nobel prize is not quite the same as being ignorant.

rant on, babe, rant on

:lol:

When claims are made, it is customary to backup said claims with evidence...

Not reply with "go check my facts yourself", like JokeStarkey does...

Dumbfucks... Both of you...

Dr. House, your concern touches me. :lol:

JokeStarky, your dumbfuckedness amuses me...:lol:

Moar plz.

Nah... Jokey's not really worth more than what's already been posted...

At least in this thread...lol

This is ridiculous. Perry and Bachmann are running for POTUS, as is their right. That makes them open to criticism. I am pointing out that both are dominionist. If you think that in itself constitutes "persecution" then you give me far more credit than I deserve.

I am ONE person who opposes dominionism. You don't seem to mind it, that's your choice.

I am NOT denying Bachmann nor Perry the right to run for POTUS. I am warning people about what dominionism is, and that I consider it a grave threat to the United States.

I am DEMANDING nothing. I am saying I don't think Perry or Bachmann are good choices for POTUS. That is MY right as an American citizen.

It is YOU who wish to silence me.

You have made demands they be prevented from running, you have based that on the argument that somehow electing them President will create this supposed theocracy. I have pointed out you are simply ignorantly wrong.

I have made NO demands. I have expressed the opinion that neither Perry nor Bachmann are suitable choices for President. I am pointing out that it is a dangerous precedent to elect dominionists to the highest office in the land. If you think they won't make decisions for our country out of their ideology than I think you're wrong.

It isn't just the Presidency we are talking about here. They plan to obtain dominion in every area of our society, education, the arts, politics and government, media, science etc.

You have yet to prove that either are 'dominionists' with anything other than your word or your opinion. Obama is a dominionist. See, I can do it too. :lol:

Anyone who believes government should be run by their interpretation of 'biblical principles' at the expense of constitutional law probably is a supporter of theocratic government.

Recall Bachmann’s ‘legal training’ is based on the dogma that American law should be predicated on the bible, not the Constitution. And that any law that doesn’t conform to Christian dogma should be ‘changed.’

Forum List

Back