Dominionists run for highest office in US

There you go, making up shit again.

You're a very dishonest person.

There is more than one Dominionist candidate for the GOP ticket. I'm asking you which one has your vote?
No, you're assuming I will vote for one.

More of that passive-aggressive bullshit you're so regularly criticized for.

Yeah, yeah, all Christians want to kill all non-believers.

Is that what you want to hear? Because it's what you believe, isn't it?

Stupid, stupid woman.

Can't be emphasized enough.

Well good for you... Now move right and make friends with him.

Blues

I've extended my hand in friendship toward him. He doesn't accept.

I have seen other people say that you are anti-christian and love to start fights with your passive aggressive posts. I always thought they where wrong until today. You hate christians and your hate stems from your fear of them.

You dont have the courage to come right out and state what you beileve you bait someone into giving you a slight and then play the victim.

Its really sickening.

Aye, I've had enough after this junk. I think someone woke me up when they said I was "painfully nice".

As the other posters have shown there's no reason to be worried about the dominionist thing, it's Bachmann's "Gays are the product of Satan" stuff that I don't like. I'm straight, but being so outspokenly bigotted would lead one to believe she wants that principle put into policy.

However budgets/wars/debt/spending are all things that trump this stuff about 1587217568 times.

Where or when has she said 'gays are the product of Satan'?

Michele Bachmann says gays are 'part of Satan' and homosexual life is 'bondage'

This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay.’

She added: ‘If you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage.

'Personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous.’

Well I wasn't exactly right, a "part of Satan" is what she said, but it's the same message and equally disgusting.

Is there a video of her saying it? Sorry, your source has an agenda to smear her and I've seen these people deliberately be taken out of context one too many times with respect to what was actually said. Also, she is welcome to her beliefs, if you don't agree with her on issues, then don't vote for her. It's pretty simple.

In other words, they are Christians who have the audacity to be public about their faith.

In other words, they are Christians who have the audacity to be public about their faith.

When was the last time you didn't vote for a Christian who was openly and publicy Christian, for the presidency? When is the last time we had a candidate who wasn't openly and publicly Christian? Think before posting.

This is what I don't understand. I'm concerned about religious extremism. Why decent ordinary religious people don't want to separate themselves from extremists, I don't know.

We all wonder why Muslim mosques don't do more to distance themselves from Islamic terrorism. Do they think they will NOT be painted with the same brush if they don't call out the extremists masquerading as Muslims.

There are groups out there who masquerade as Christians. The dominionists, the Martin Ssempa, Scott Lively and Fred Phelps types, and when I point them out and question their activities, mainstream moderate Christians go to their defense. That makes ZERO sense to me.

The extremist Buddhists in Sri Lanka are at war. There is nothing in the Buddha's teaching about holy war. Killing is NEVER justified. There are serious karmic consequences for it. I have NO problem calling out these extremists. Why is it some Christians here have such a hard time calling their own extremists out.

There are TONS of Christians I have NO problem with. Most Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, United Church of Christ and most LDS. I do call out the Pope for saying that ordaining women priests is as damaging to the RCC and a sin as pedophile priests. I will call out the RCC for decades of hiding pedophilia. I will call out the Magdalene homes. Catholics are my family, there is a cultural comfort for me with Catholics, even though I can't stand this Pope, or the child molestation or the imprisonment, slavery and torture of young women that went on in Ireland in the Magdalene homes for many years.

I no longer believe in God, yet I find common ground with some people who do believe in God. Divine Wind, Gadawg, editec, Immie, Care4all, and Echo to name just a few. They are so confident in their faith, they are living their faith, and they have no need to push it on anyone. I find that heartening and refreshing.

I have no huge problem with Christians who think homosexuality is a sin. That is their right. I take exception to kill gays legislation and hate mongers like Scott Lively, author of the Pink Swastika, who blames the Holocaust on gays.

Why moderate Christians think I am criticising THEM, I don't know. When they won't recognize extreme views, like dominionism, masquerading as Christianity, and they defend these folks, and they identify with them, then it does make me feel as though they agree with this philosophical view.

daveman is adamant that he supports separation of church and state and I believe him. He's mad at me because I want him to understand that dominionists are in national politics, including the POTUS race, now. Foxfyre denies it. Newby denies it. Allie Baba and Cecilie all deny it. daveman says it's no big deal. It is a dangerous trend and it has been building for 30 years.

I listed which groups are dominionist. If you don't know any of them, check them out. Inform yourself, and decide if you really think there is no such thing as separation of church and state and you have NO problem with the US becoming a "christian" theocracy. I put christian in quotes because I want to separate the dominionists out from mainstream christians.

I would not call Bachmann, Palin, Pawlenty or Perry, "mainstream christians".

I hope this helps.

sky

Last edited:
Is there a video of her saying it? Sorry, your source has an agenda to smear her and I've seen these people deliberately be taken out of context one too many times with respect to what was actually said. Also, she is welcome to her beliefs, if you don't agree with her on issues, then don't vote for her. It's pretty simple.

Google

Here's the google search, the sites are blocked by my work filter.

So I anticipate you telling me how you support this statement and how gays are part of Satan, since she's a republican you wouldn't dare denounce.

Google

So I anticipate you telling me how you support this statement and how gays are part of Satan, since she's a republican you wouldn't dare denounce.

Also, she is welcome to her beliefs, if you don't agree with her on issues, then don't vote for her. It's pretty simple.

When was the last time you didn't vote for a Christian who was openly and publicy Christian, for the presidency? When is the last time we had a candidate who wasn't openly and publicly Christian? Think before posting.

A candidate convincing everyone how christian they are, even in 2011, is the most important thing they can do.

Even Obama who many people doubt his real religion, spent countless amount of $/time/effort to show everyone how christian he is. Hence why his stances (or lack there of) were never really all that important on the campaign trail. It's religion first, second and third and maybe everything else a distant 4th.

Google

Also, she is welcome to her beliefs, if you don't agree with her on issues, then don't vote for her. It's pretty simple.

I think it's already quite clear I won't, however we're on a message board discussing religion so I'm going to discuss a religious figure, pretty simple.

Do you agree with her that gays are part of Satan?

This is what I don't understand. I'm concerned about religious extremism. Why decent ordinary religious people don't want to separate themselves from extremists, I don't know.

We all wonder why Muslim mosques don't do more to distance themselves from Islamic terrorism. Do they think they will NOT be painted with the same brush if they don't call out the extremists masquerading as Muslims.

There are groups out there who masquerade as Christians. The dominionists, the Martin Ssempa, Scott Lively and Fred Phelps types, and when I point them out and question their activities, mainstream moderate Christians go to their defense. That makes ZERO sense to me.

The extremist Buddhists in Sri Lanka are at war. There is nothing in the Buddha's teaching about holy war. Killing is NEVER justified. There are serious karmic consequences for it. I have NO problem calling out these extremists. Why is it some Christians here have such a hard time calling their own extremists out.

There are TONS of Christians I have NO problem with. Most Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, United Church of Christ and most LDS. I do call out the Pope for saying that ordainng women priests is as damaging to the RCC and a sin as pedophile priests. I will call out the RCC for decades of hiding pedophilia. I will call out the Magdalene homes.

I have no huge problem with Christians who think homosexuality is a sin. That is their right. I take exception to kill gays legislation and hate mongers like Scott Lively, author of the Pink Swastika, who blames the Holocaust on gays.

Why moderate Christians think I am criticising THEM, I don't know. When they won't recognize extreme views, like dominionism, masquerading as Christianity, and they defend these folks, and they identify with them, then it does make me feel as though they agree with this philosophical view.

daveman is adamant that he supports separation of church and state and I believe him. He's mad at me because I want him to understand that dominionists are in national politics, including the POTUS race, now. Foxfyre denies it. Newby denies it. Allie Baba and Cecilie all deny it. daveman says it's no big deal. It is a dangerous trend and it has been building for 30 years.

I listed which groups are dominionist. If you don't know any of them, check them out. Inform yourself, and decide if you really think there is no such thing as separation of church and state and you have NO problem with the US becoming a "christian" theocracy. I put christian in quotes because I want to separate the dominionists out from mainstream christians.

I would not call Bachmann, Palin, Pawlenty or Perry, "mainstream christians".

I hope this helps.

sky

What makes any of them 'dominionists'? Take each one at a time, and then please post links with statements that show they support what you're saying they support. Until then, it remains your opinion. Perry is a Methodist, you can easily look up his church history, where he has attended, etc.. So, what makes him a 'diminionist'?

Michele Bachmann says gays are 'part of Satan' and homosexual life is 'bondage'

This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay.’

She added: ‘If you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage.

'Personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous.’

Well I wasn't exactly right, a "part of Satan" is what she said, but it's the same message and equally disgusting.

Thank you for posting this. The people defending Bachmann share her intolerant views about homosexuals.

Google

I think it's already quite clear I won't, however we're on a message board discussing religion so I'm going to discuss a religious figure, pretty simple.

Do you agree with her that gays are part of Satan?

My beliefs about the gay issue have been clearly stated on here many times in the past, and this discussion isn't about me, it's about presidential candidates that are 'dimionists'. Why would my opinion on gays matter to you or anyone else one way or the other, I'm not running for office. Of course, you can always ask Sky, she can lie to you and tell you what my beliefs are. :lol:

Forum List

Back