Dominionists run for highest office in US

This is what I don't understand. I'm concerned about religious extremism. Why decent ordinary religious people don't want to separate themselves from extremists, I don't know.

We all wonder why Muslim mosques don't do more to distance themselves from Islamic terrorism. Do they think they will NOT be painted with the same brush if they don't call out the extremists masquerading as Muslims.

There are groups out there who masquerade as Christians. The dominionists, the Martin Ssempa, Scott Lively and Fred Phelps types, and when I point them out and question their activities, mainstream moderate Christians go to their defense. That makes ZERO sense to me.

The extremist Buddhists in Sri Lanka are at war. There is nothing in the Buddha's teaching about holy war. Killing is NEVER justified. There are serious karmic consequences for it. I have NO problem calling out these extremists. Why is it some Christians here have such a hard time calling their own extremists out.

There are TONS of Christians I have NO problem with. Most Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, United Church of Christ and most LDS. I do call out the Pope for saying that ordainng women priests is as damaging to the RCC and a sin as pedophile priests. I will call out the RCC for decades of hiding pedophilia. I will call out the Magdalene homes.

I have no huge problem with Christians who think homosexuality is a sin. That is their right. I take exception to kill gays legislation and hate mongers like Scott Lively, author of the Pink Swastika, who blames the Holocaust on gays.

Why moderate Christians think I am criticising THEM, I don't know. When they won't recognize extreme views, like dominionism, masquerading as Christianity, and they defend these folks, and they identify with them, then it does make me feel as though they agree with this philosophical view.

daveman is adamant that he supports separation of church and state and I believe him. He's mad at me because I want him to understand that dominionists are in national politics, including the POTUS race, now. Foxfyre denies it. Newby denies it. Allie Baba and Cecilie all deny it. daveman says it's no big deal. It is a dangerous trend and it has been building for 30 years.

I listed which groups are dominionist. If you don't know any of them, check them out. Inform yourself, and decide if you really think there is no such thing as separation of church and state and you have NO problem with the US becoming a "christian" theocracy. I put christian in quotes because I want to separate the dominionists out from mainstream christians.

I would not call Bachmann, Palin, Pawlenty or Perry, "mainstream christians".

I hope this helps.

sky

What makes any of them 'dominionists'? Take each one at a time, and then please post links with statements that show they support what you're saying they support. Until then, it remains your opinion. Perry is a Methodist, you can easily look up his church history, where he has attended, etc.. So, what makes him a 'diminionist'?

Perry's prayer extravaganza was financed by a dominionist group, the American Family Association. He is open about his ties to the Seven Mountains Mandate.

He has ties to the National Church Mobilization organized by dominionist advocate Jim Garlow. Check out the New Apostolic Reformation.

Perry is tied to extremists.

Links. What makes any person or any group a 'dominionist'? What legal steps have any of these entities taken to advance the concept of a theocrasy in the U.S.?

I think it's already quite clear I won't, however we're on a message board discussing religion so I'm going to discuss a religious figure, pretty simple.

Do you agree with her that gays are part of Satan?

My beliefs about the gay issue have been clearly stated on here many times in the past, and this discussion isn't about me, it's about presidential candidates that are 'dimionists'. Why would my opinion on gays matter to you or anyone else one way or the other, I'm not running for office. Of course, you can always ask Sky, she can lie to you and tell you what my beliefs are. :lol:

No I'm not gonna ask Sky, I'll ask you and watch you deflect and provide a non-answer.

It's an anonymous message board, don't be scared to post your opinion.

Do you agree with Bachmann that gays are part of Satan?

If you're that interested in my position, then go read where I've already discussed this on the board. This isn't about me.

Do you agree with Bachmann, on her views about gays, Newby?

We've already had this conversation countless times, why don't you go back and re-read them. And I'm not having it again. If you don't know my views by now, then you never will. And it has been shown that it doesn't matter what my views are, you'll make them up and assign them to me regardless of what I say. You're a waste of time.

My beliefs about the gay issue have been clearly stated on here many times in the past, and this discussion isn't about me, it's about presidential candidates that are 'dimionists'. Why would my opinion on gays matter to you or anyone else one way or the other, I'm not running for office. Of course, you can always ask Sky, she can lie to you and tell you what my beliefs are. :lol:

No I'm not gonna ask Sky, I'll ask you and watch you deflect and provide a non-answer.

If you're that interested in my position, then go read where I've already discussed this on the board. This isn't about me.

I'm asking for a one word reply, a simple yes or no would do, sad you won't give such a simple answer.

As far as I can remember you're homophobe, but even most homophobes won't stoop to calling gays a "part of satan."

I'm asking for a one word reply, a simple yes or no would do, sad you won't give such a simple answer.

As far as I can remember you're homophobe, but even most homophobes won't stoop to calling gays a "part of satan."

Whatever Drock, I could really give 2 shits what you think about me. I'm not having the conversation again, sorry. Your implication that all you have to do is make an accusation and suddenly I have to defend myself is bullshit, and I won't defend something that I've never said or done, certainly not to the likes of you. :cuckoo:

Whatever Drock, I could really give 2 shits what you think about me. I'm not having the conversation again, sorry. Your implication that all you have to do is make an accusation and suddenly I have to defend myself is bullshit, and I won't defend something that I've never said or done, certainly not to the likes of you. :cuckoo:
Drock's just performing as programmed:

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...
"...any target can always say, 'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'​

Newby and Dave each have a cute hypothesis, but all that needs done is to read the thread.

I asked a simple question, with zero implication of what the answer was 3 different times, Newby was afriad to answer it each time.

You tell me why you're scared to provide an answer on a 100% anonymous message board.

Newby and Dave each have a cute hypothesis, but all that needs done is to read the thread.

I asked a simple question, with zero implication of what the answer was 3 different times, Newby was afriad to answer it each time.

You tell me why you're scared to provide an answer on a 100% anonymous message board.

Now I'm 'afraid'. :lol::lol: Hey, you made up the accusation, why don't you provide proof in my own words of your pathetic accusation. Perhaps I should ponder if you beat your wife and children and if you don't tell me that you don't do such, then you're automatically a wife and child beater. Yeah, that's logic for you. :cuckoo:

Now I'm 'afraid'. :lol::lol: Hey, you made up the accusation, why don't you provide proof in my own words of your pathetic accusation. Perhaps I should ponder if you beat your wife and children and if you don't tell me that you don't do such, then you're automatically a wife and child beater. Yeah, that's logic for you. :cuckoo:

Do you agree with Bachmann that "gays are a part of satan" or not? If not, WTF are you defending her?

Since its not forced upon us I do not consider a persons religion when making decisions about voting or not voting for them.

But you do consider who they have sex with. Duly noted. Your openmindedness is an example to us all, blue.

/sarcasm

Just being honest...... I'm no a hater.

Not a hater, "just" a bigot. You don't think gays should hold public office.

How about you, Newby and dave?

But you do consider who they have sex with. Duly noted. Your openmindedness is an example to us all, blue.

/sarcasm

I don't think they should... Kinda like you don't think Bachmann should because of her religion. Right?

Your views are okay but mine are not? Bullshit!

I apologize, I looked through a bunch of your posts and didn't see anything about an opinion of gays or being gay.

So 2 questions;

1.) Do you agree with Bachmann that gays are part of Satan?

2.) Do you view homosexual and heterosexual as morally equal ways of living?

I gave a fair reason as to why.

Blues

All bigots have their "reasons". HW Bush made a similarly bigoted statement about atheists.

Yep, just like you have yours when it comes to christians. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. :eusa_shhh:

Bullshit. I don't like dominionists, Scott Lively, Martin Ssempa, Bachmann, Perry. Specific groups, NOT ALL Christians.

The problem with you and your pals is you support, defend and identify with these groups when THEY are being criticised, NOT YOU.

That's how mainstream American Muslims feel too. They feel unfairly linked with terrorism.

You think I hate ALL Christians, because I call you out when you defend the evil freaks using the name of Christ.

I also call out anyone trying to convert me, or trying to say that Buddhism is not a valid religion.

I apologize, I looked through a bunch of your posts and didn't see anything about an opinion of gays or being gay.

So 2 questions;

I would like to answer this as well...

1: No they are not part of Satan.. Just different.

2: Yes, They may live freely and with the same privileges as any one else, except being elected to public office. They are different.. They think differently than the majority.. They have there own ideas and agenda's which often is much different than the main street folks. They should however be left alone to live as they wish, If they want to be married so be it.

Blues

I don't think they should... Kinda like you don't think Bachmann should because of her religion. Right?

Your views are okay but mine are not? Bullshit!

You're right. I don't think Bachmann is the best choice for POTUS because of her intolerant views toward gay citizens, and her dominionist roots. Dominionism is a far greater concern to me than whether Bachmann thinks gays should marry or not.

You are entitled to your views. I am entitled to call them what they are, bigotry. If you think a person should not serve public office just because they are gay, you are more bigoted than I am.

I've had no problem with any previous President being a Christian.

Last edited:

So 2 questions;

I would like to answer this as well...

1: No they are not part of Satan.. Just different.

2: Yes, They may live freely and with the same privileges as any one else, except being elected to public office. They are different.. They think differently than the majority.. They have there own ideas and agenda's which often is much different than the main street folks. They should however be left alone to live as they wish, If they want to be married so be it.

Blues

I'm not sure why thinking differently is a negative thing, whether that's true or not I dunno. I would view it more as simply having a different perspective.

Do you agree with Bachmann that "gays are a part of satan" or not? If not, WTF are you defending her?

What is it with you people on the left equating defending with agreeing? :cuckoo: I defend her because people like you and leftist media pounce on her like a pack of rabid dogs and twist what she says into ridiculous 'gotchya' points, that most of the time aren't even close to being true. So what if she has religious reasons for her stance on gays, that's what she believes, she's open about what she believes, and you don't have to vote for her if you don't like her views. You don't have to act like petulant children and badger and ridicule her for her religious views. Why do you have to destroy all of those that you disagree with, partiuclarly those who are christian and stand up for what they believe? What are you afraid of? You can't just disagree, you have to destory, marginalize and belittle. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Be mindful of the other perspective. Liberals see homosexuality as a group of people and any attack on homosexuality is an attack on these people. I understand and respect this position, but keep in mind that Christianity and Islam are ideologies open to criticism. Conservatives see homosexuality as an activity, and they don’t get upset when it is criticized, whether they agree with the criticism or not.

I disagree with Bachmann and would not vote for her, but I don’t think she is evil.

Forum List

Back