Donald Trump Trial Coverage Tomorrow

The media was sure making it out to be a big event going on today though. I had company today and then went out to dinner and I thought that we would be at least getting some news of happenings going on in court when I finally could get a chance to look at the news but I guess not.
Well, of course, it is a “historic first.” Democrats value that far more than they do high-quality work.

They are in Nirvana today, but as the trial drags on with nothing really happening, they will become more and more impatient. Who knows what those children will do then.

Bragg still hasn't defined the underlying crime, which is a requirement under 175.10.

That is a problem- the defense doesn't even know what "crime" they were supposedly trying to cover up...
Ken White: We know a lot more now about the D.A.’s theory of the case than we did before. There was a lot of speculation about whether the predicate crime — the one Trump was promoting by falsifying records — was going to be federal or state, and whether it was going to be campaign-finance related or election-interference related. Now the prosecutors have shown their hand, and their lead theory is going to be that Trump meant to interfere unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered. A case tends to look stronger after the prosecution picks a theory and commits to it. The evidence of deliberate falsification of records is going to be very strong.

Ken White: We know a lot more now about the D.A.’s theory of the case than we did before. There was a lot of speculation about whether the predicate crime — the one Trump was promoting by falsifying records — was going to be federal or state, and whether it was going to be campaign-finance related or election-interference related. Now the prosecutors have shown their hand, and their lead theory is going to be that Trump meant to interfere unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered. A case tends to look stronger after the prosecution picks a theory and commits to it. The evidence of deliberate falsification of records is going to be very strong.

LMAO. And what is the Federal statute for "interfering unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered."

And what authority does Bragg have to prosecute it, why was Trump not prosecuted for it, and how exactly does an un-prosecuted, non-crime become an underlying offense?

Jesus you can't make this shit up. :cuckoo:

I would say that this trial would be dismissed awfully quickly, but we're dealing with a New York jury here. Thoughts and prayers towards Trump as he deals with all of the liberal bias.

You’re right. Liberals here are bias toward law and order.

LMAO. And what is the Federal statute for "interfering unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered."

And what authority does Bragg have to prosecute it, why was Trump not prosecuted for it, and how exactly does an un-prosecuted, non-crime become an underlying offense?

Jesus you can't make this shit up. :cuckoo:
You need to stick with what is actually in the indictment, and not what your mind conjures up.

You need to stick with what is actually in the indictment, and not what your mind conjures up.
Then why did you reply to my question with the NYT piece?

I asked what the underlying crime was. That was your answer.

My mind did not conjure up anything- this is from what YOU posted:

"Now the prosecutors have shown their hand, and their lead theory is going to be that Trump meant to interfere unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered. A case tends to look stronger after the prosecution picks a theory and commits to it. The evidence of deliberate falsification of records is going to be very strong."

^^^This is completely retarded and does not come close to a predicate crime. The only "conjuring" here is that NYT op-ed...

Then why did you reply to my question with the NYT piece?

I asked what the underlying crime was. That was your answer.

My mind did not conjure up anything- this is from what YOU posted:

"Now the prosecutors have shown their hand, and their lead theory is going to be that Trump meant to interfere unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered. A case tends to look stronger after the prosecution picks a theory and commits to it. The evidence of deliberate falsification of records is going to be very strong."

^^^This is completely retarded and does not come close to a predicate crime. The only "conjuring" here is that NYT op-ed...
Your pathetic opinion is noted

you are regurgitating libertarian type arguments that fail when challenged in a real case scenario'

Follow the trial.

Your pathetic opinion is noted
I acknowledge your surrender.

175.10 is a compound crime. Absent the predicate crime, it is only 175.05, a misdemeanor. And only then if intent to defraud can be proved.

This case should have never been filed, and then it should have been rejected, for failure to identify the predicate crime required under the statute.

You cannot charge someone with a felony, and tell them "we'll tell you what your crime was at the trial" That is a due process violation of the first order.

I acknowledge your surrender.

175.10 is a compound crime. Absent the predicate crime, it is only 175.05, a misdemeanor. And only then if intent to defraud can be proved.

This case should have never been filed, and then it should have been rejected, for failure to identify the predicate crime required under the statute.

You cannot charge someone with a felony, and tell them "we'll tell you what your crime was at the trial" That is a due process violation of the first order.
barking up the wrong tree still?

Trump's “catch and kill” scheme.

Is Trump being charged with any felonies?

Charges:
  • Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree, a class E felony, 34 counts

next

The jury has been seated.

jury.jpg

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

next

barking up the wrong tree still?

Charges:

next
And I ask again retard- what is the predicate crime? Give us the statute.

"The People of the State of New York allege that Donald J. Trump repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York business records to conceal crimes that hid damaging information from the voting public during the 2016 presidential election,” said District Attorney Bragg."

The crimes he was supposedly concealing are not specified. A defendant cannot properly prepare a defense unless he knows what the alleged crimes are.

Silly labels like "catch and kill" may play in the media, but they mean nothing in a court of law.

Bragg has no jurisdiction to charge a Federal crime- that is the US Attorney's role. Bragg can only charge NY State crimes. He has charged 175.10, which requires a predicate crime. Period.

This is the exact reason why the 6 felonies in Georgia were dismissed. The predicate crime was not identified. If this judge was half the judge that McAffee is, this case would have never made it to a courtroom.

New York Consolidated Laws, Penal Law - PEN § 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree​

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

And I ask again retard- what is the predicate crime? Give us the statute.

"The People of the State of New York allege that Donald J. Trump repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York business records to conceal crimes that hid damaging information from the voting public during the 2016 presidential election,” said District Attorney Bragg."

The crimes he was supposedly concealing are not specified. A defendant cannot properly prepare a defense unless he knows what the alleged crimes are.

Silly labels like "catch and kill" may play in the media, but they mean nothing in a court of law.

Bragg has no jurisdiction to charge a Federal crime- that is the US Attorney's role. Bragg can only charge NY State crimes. He has charged 175.10, which requires a predicate crime. Period.

This is the exact reason why the 6 felonies in Georgia were dismissed. The predicate crime was not identified. If this judge was half the judge that McAffee is, this case would have never made it to a courtroom.
irrelevant, except in intellectual circle jerk culture. Now follow the trial.

Charges:

next

irrelevant, except in intellectual circle jerk culture. Now follow the trial.

Charges:

next
FAIL.

You have to identify the predicate crime.

New York Consolidated Laws, Penal Law - PEN § 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree​

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

FAIL.

You have to identify the predicate crime.

You keep regurgitating bogus deflections. Follow the trial and all will be revealed.

You act as if your claims need to be addressed before the trial starts.

wrong

Follow the trial and all will be revealed.

bella keep thread

Forum List

Back