🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump's War In Space

How one North Korean nuclear-armed satellite could cripple the US military

Dr. William Graham, Chairman of the EMP Commission, testified to Congress on Oct. 12, 2017:

While most analysts are fixated on when in the future North Korea will develop highly reliable intercontinental missiles, guidance systems, and reentry vehicles capable of striking a U.S. city, the threat here and now from EMP is largely ignored. EMP attack does not require an accurate guidance system because the area of effect, having a radius of hundreds or thousands of kilometers, is so large. No reentry vehicle is needed because the warhead is detonated at high-altitude, above the atmosphere. Missile reliability matters little because only one missile has to work to make an EMP attack against an entire nation.

We shall disagree Admiral...............Go to War with the big dogs..........number 1 agenda is to take out their lines of communication.......Kill their Satellites.........

This is nothing new..........and EMP weapons are nothing new.

For decades War in Space has been studied..........Take out the enemy Satellites and take out their ability to see.........Jam their communications and their military is blind.

Fire one nuke into space.............with Satellites.........EMP will knock them out.

Actually, that is not true.

Satellites are more susceptible to long term exposure to radiation than EMP.
I read different articles in the past on that..............Which said the emp from the blast would take them out.

Why?

Since satellites are above the atmosphere, they are already shielded from such events that would naturally occur in space. The failure of most of the satellites would be due to radiation causing a breakdown in the materials making up the satellite itself and could take a long time.

It's just like all of these people who think we can use lasers to "blow up" satellites. Since lasers produce heat, and in the vastness of space it is hard to keep the laser on the target long enough to even do any damage.

Sometimes those laws of physics are so inconvenient.
The Cold War nuke that fried satellites

Having reading problems?

"The satellite failed four days after the US detonated a 1.4 megaton nuclear warhead, in an experiment known as Starfish Prime, high in the atmosphere 400 kilometres (250 miles) above the Pacific Ocean."

If you actually read this, where do you think I got my information about the radiation causing problems with satellites?

" It also created a new (temporary) radiation belt around the Earth and it was this that did for Ariel-1."

That was also in 1962. I was born in 1960. I am a little bit better equipped after nearly 6 decades of existence.

My God people, learn to read! Not everyone should aspire to be a dumbass!

Dr. William Graham, Chairman of the EMP Commission, testified to Congress on Oct. 12, 2017:

While most analysts are fixated on when in the future North Korea will develop highly reliable intercontinental missiles, guidance systems, and reentry vehicles capable of striking a U.S. city, the threat here and now from EMP is largely ignored. EMP attack does not require an accurate guidance system because the area of effect, having a radius of hundreds or thousands of kilometers, is so large. No reentry vehicle is needed because the warhead is detonated at high-altitude, above the atmosphere. Missile reliability matters little because only one missile has to work to make an EMP attack against an entire nation.

We shall disagree Admiral...............Go to War with the big dogs..........number 1 agenda is to take out their lines of communication.......Kill their Satellites.........

Where did I ever say that?

I have bad news for you non-thinkers. If you could take out my satellites with an EMP, you take out everyone's satellites, including YOURS!

Dumbass!

You need to go grab your pillowcase off your pillow, wring the contents out into a glass and drink it down quickly. Your brains apparently ran out of your ears during the night and needs to be replaced.

I have bad news for you non-thinkers. If you could take out my satellites with an EMP, you take out everyone's satellites, including YOURS!

Dumbass!

You need to go grab your pillowcase off your pillow, wring the contents out into a glass and drink it down quickly. Your brains apparently ran out of your ears during the night and needs to be replaced.
Plenty of articles on EMP weapons and Nuclear Blasts in the atmosphere that can take out electronics of Satellites.

Mr. Dumbass...........Tell me what happens to one of our carriers if an Assasins Mace weapon hits near it. Your electronics can be fried.

Hell a EA6B can fry electrical Grids...............

EMP and Nuclear Blasts in Space can take shit out.'

You have a day in day out use of the word Dumb Ass.........Plenty of articles out there to say differently.

Dumbass!

Plenty of articles on EMP weapons and Nuclear Blasts in the atmosphere that can take out electronics of Satellites.

Mr. Dumbass...........Tell me what happens to one of our carriers if an Assasins Mace weapon hits near it. Your electronics can be fried.

You have a day in day out use of the word Dumb Ass.........Plenty of articles out there to say differently.

Did you know that even the handrails on Navy ships are protected from induced voltages?

You simply do not have the expertise and experience to be spouting bullshit.

Dumbass!

Did you know that even the handrails on Navy ships are protected from induced voltages?

You simply do not have the expertise and experience to be spouting bullshit.
FP QP A M L coils.........LOL

http://space.au.af.mil/au-18-2009/au-18_chap21.pdf

Electromagnetic Pulse EMP affects the ground, communication, and space segments of our systems. The EMP threat is unique in two respects. First, its peak field amplitude and rise rate are high. These features of EMP will induce potentially damaging voltages and currents in unprotected electronic circuits and components. Second, the area covered by an EMP signal can be immense. As a consequence, large portions of extended power and communications networks, for example, can be simultaneously put at risk. Such far-reaching effects are peculiar to EMP. Neither natural phenomena nor any other nuclear weapon effects are so widespread.26 Within nanoseconds (billionths of a second) of a nuclear detonation, any electrical system is threatened by EMP. One significant factor in EMP effects is the amount of coverage desired. The area of exposure will depend on the size of the yield and the altitude of the burst. Based on the line-of-sight factor, the higher the burst altitude, the greater its coverage. Because of this factor, high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) is the highest concern, as the entire electronic spectrum could be affected.27 Military systems must survive all aspects of the EMP, from the rapid spike of the early-time events to the longer-duration heave signal. One of the principal problems in assuring such survival is the lack of test data from actual high-altitude nuclear explosions. Only a few such experiments were carried out, and at that time the theoretical understanding of the phenomenon of HEMP was relatively poor. No high-altitude tests have been conducted by the United States since 1963. In addition to the more familiar high-yield tests mentioned above, three small devices were exploded in the Van Allen belts as part of Project Argus. That experiment was intended to explore the methods by which electrons were trapped and traveled along magnetic field lines.28

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...e-the-nuke-that-shook-the-world/#.WzklvNVKiM8

But the effects were far more than a simple light show. When the bomb detonated, those electrons underwent incredible acceleration. When that happens they create a brief but extremely powerful magnetic field. This is called an electromagnetic pulse, or EMP. The strength of the pulse was so huge that it affected the flow of electricity on the Earth hundreds of kilometers away! In Hawaii it blew out hundreds of streetlights, and caused widespread telephone outages. Other effects included electrical surges on airplanes and radio blackouts.

The EMP had been predicted by scientists, but the Starfish Prime pulse was far larger than expected. And there was another effect that hadn’t been predicted accurately. Many of the electrons from the blast didn’t fall down into the Earth’s atmosphere, but instead lingered in space for months, trapped by Earth’s magnetic field, creating an artificial radiation belt high above our planet’s surface.

When a high-speed electron hits a satellite, it can generate a sort-of miniature EMP. The details are complex, but the net effect is that these electrons can zap satellites and damage their electronics. The pulse of electrons from the Starfish Prime detonation damaged at least six satellites (including one Soviet bird), all of which eventually failed due to the blast. Other satellite failures at the time may be linked to the explosion as well.

The overall effect shocked scientists and engineers. They had expected something much smaller, not nearly the level that actually occurred. Because of this, later high-altitude nuclear tests made by the US as part of Operation Fishbowl were designed to have a much lower yield. Although the explosion energies are still classified, it’s estimated they ranged from a few dozen to a few hundred kilotons, a fraction of the 1.4 megaton Starfish Prime explosion.

High-Altitude Nuclear Explosions Dangerous, but not for Reasons Gingrich Cites

More fearsome would be the effects of radiation on orbiting satellites. After the initial nanoseconds-long blast of gamma rays, a nuclear bomb releases about 70 percent of its total energy in the form of x-rays. Dupont writes:

“Soft,” or low-energy, x-rays produced by a HANE would not penetrate deeply into any spacecraft they encountered. Instead they would generate extreme heat at the outer surfaces, which itself could harm the sophisticated electronics inside. Soft x-rays would also degrade solar cells, impairing a satellite’s ability to generate power, as well as damaging sensor or telescope apertures. When high-energy x-rays strike a satellite or other system components, however, they create strong internal electron fluxes that produce strong currents and high voltages that can fry sensitive electronic circuitry.

He quotes K. Dennis Papadopoulos, a plasma physicist at the University of Maryland who studies the effects of high-altitude nuclear explosions for the U.S. government, who concludes that “a 10-kiloton nuclear device set off at the right height would lead to the loss of 90 percent of all low-earth-orbit satellites within a month.” The exception would be U.S. military satellites, many of which have been hardened against exactly this kind of threat.

More fearsome would be the effects of radiation on orbiting satellites. After the initial nanoseconds-long blast of gamma rays, a nuclear bomb releases about 70 percent of its total energy in the form of x-rays. Dupont writes:

“Soft,” or low-energy, x-rays produced by a HANE would not penetrate deeply into any spacecraft they encountered. Instead they would generate extreme heat at the outer surfaces, which itself could harm the sophisticated electronics inside. Soft x-rays would also degrade solar cells, impairing a satellite’s ability to generate power, as well as damaging sensor or telescope apertures. When high-energy x-rays strike a satellite or other system components, however, they create strong internal electron fluxes that produce strong currents and high voltages that can fry sensitive electronic circuitry.

He quotes K. Dennis Papadopoulos, a plasma physicist at the University of Maryland who studies the effects of high-altitude nuclear explosions for the U.S. government, who concludes that “a 10-kiloton nuclear device set off at the right height would lead to the loss of 90 percent of all low-earth-orbit satellites within a month.” The exception would be U.S. military satellites, many of which have been hardened against exactly this kind of threat.

You do a great job spreading propaganda. These articles do address classified countermeasures, do they?

I can Google outdated and inaccurate bullshit all day long, just like you just did. I don't have the time to answer each asinine post.

You do a great job spreading propaganda. These articles do address classified countermeasures, do they?

I can Google outdated and inaccurate bullshit all day long, just like you just did. I don't have the time to answer each asinine post.
No they don't ...........such as shielding to prevent damage on DOD satellites.......Doesn't mean they are fool proof.....

Are you saying these articles classifying the Ionisphere causing EMP damage aren't real.

An inarticulate and incapable person feels this post ^^^ of mine is funny. Either his English is poor or he does not have a dictionary, he seem to be ignorant of the meaning of the word "Bellicose".

Calling Russia the evil empire, speaking of evil doers and calling Kim Rocketman are examples, and only a few, of the point I made and which Meister feels is funny. Meister is one more example of pitiful dupe out of touch with reality.

No they don't ...........such as shielding to prevent damage on DOD satellites.......Doesn't mean they are fool proof.....

Are you saying these articles classifying the Ionisphere causing EMP damage aren't real.

The situation is pure hyperbole to scare the shit out of nimrods like you who have no education and do not understand the topic.

You are using evidence that is nearly 6 decades old. That alone should tell you how ridiculous your argument is.

I'm done. Wallow in your ignorance.

Last edited:
space.png

Forum List

Back