Donors changing their tune on Donald Trump

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Donors changing tune on Trump
Donors who have either given the maximum $2,700 contribution to Trump’s campaign or plan to give vastly more than that in a general election, say they are noticing a growing acceptance of Trump among their mainstream Republicans friends and business associates.
When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer, most of his friends in Boston’s elite corporate and political circles thought he was “nuts” for supporting the billionaire’s unlikely presidential bid.
“People were going crazy that I was having him over to my house,” Boch says of his summer fundraising bash for Trump. “A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”
Now, nearly six months later, Boch, a car dealership mogul and supporter of the Massachusetts Republican Party, says friends and business associates he regards as moderate or “establishment” Republicans “are coming to terms with the idea that this is the guy; this is who is going to be the GOP leader.”

Compare that to Hillary. Is she getting more support as time goes on?

There may be a significant number of people who are not admitting they intend to vote for him, as this guy from your report says:

A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”

Could be some surprises in store :)

When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer...

Hmmmm...Interesting. Trump lies again!

"I'm the only one self-funding," the billionaire mogul and 2016 GOP frontrunner told Greta Van Susteren. "I'm putting up my own money.

Trump: I'm the Only Candidate That Won't Be Controlled by Donors
Was waiting for that!

From the link:
Boch tried to donate the $87,000 cost of his summer fundraiser as an in-kind contribution to Trump’s campaign, but he was refunded all but $2,700 to comply with Federal Election Commission rules. He says he would be willing to give Trump more than $1 million if only the billionaire would allow a vehicle to accept it.

There may be a significant number of people who are not admitting they intend to vote for him, as this guy from your report says:

A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”

Could be some surprises in store :)
When they look at the alternatives, some just might...

It costs over a billion dollars to get elected. Only the dumbest of rubes would bleev Trump won't need some big donors if he is going to get anywhere.

He sure as hell isn't going to spend his own billion.

Thank you. Thank you very muuuuuuch.

It costs over a billion dollars to get elected. Only the dumbest of rubes would bleev Trump won't need some big donors if he is going to get anywhere.

Okay, you have officially turned the corner. Not only do you talk to yourself and answer, you post to yourself and post back because seldom does anyone pay attention to you.

When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer...

"I'm the only one self-funding," the billionaire mogul and 2016 GOP frontrunner told Greta Van Susteren. "I'm putting up my own money.

Trump's NOT lying, ANYBODY can build a super PAC.

Okay, you have officially turned the corner. Not only do you talk to yourself and answer, you post to yourself and post back because seldom does anyone pay attention to you.
I'm just showing another one of my predictions has come true.

Trump is not self-funding. He is not going to spend his own billion dollars to win the White House.

Go Trump!!!

Is there anything dumber than people who think that people won't tell others that they are supporting a candidate because they think the person hearing it will mock them?

That means he is not taking money from anyone except individual donors. Look at the fundraising totals.

That means he is not taking money from anyone except individual donors. Look at the fundraising totals.
If he gets momentum, that will change radically. And besides, the whole point is Trump said he was self-funding and would not be controlled by donors.

something tells me when it comes down to really defending himself and buying tv commercials on steady basis Trump lets the rich guy talk walk, and starts spending other peoples $$

If he gets momentum, that will change radically. And besides, the whole point is Trump said he was self-funding and would not be controlled by donors.

Why would it change? He gets free publicity from the media every time he opens his mouth. Why would he need anything more than that?

Another far left drone post fail!

But then again what do you expect with the far left that has total controls their drones!

Donors who have either given the maximum $2,700 contribution to Trump’s campaign or plan to give vastly more than that in a general election, say they are noticing a growing acceptance of Trump among their mainstream Republicans friends and business associates.
When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer, most of his friends in Boston’s elite corporate and political circles thought he was “nuts” for supporting the billionaire’s unlikely presidential bid.
“People were going crazy that I was having him over to my house,” Boch says of his summer fundraising bash for Trump. “A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”
Now, nearly six months later, Boch, a car dealership mogul and supporter of the Massachusetts Republican Party, says friends and business associates he regards as moderate or “establishment” Republicans “are coming to terms with the idea that this is the guy; this is who is going to be the GOP leader.”

Donors?

I thought he was "self funding" and beholden to nobody....

So much for that legend.

I'm just showing another one of my predictions has come true.

Trump is not self-funding. He is not going to spend his own billion dollars to win the White House.
He is not accepting donations over $2780.

Donors?

I thought he was "self funding" and beholden to nobody....

So much for that legend.[/
He will accept only small donations. Not large ones where someone or some company expects something in return.

Forum List

Back