Donors changing their tune on Donald Trump

For those who think Trump is a RINO or a stealth Democrat, you might wanna consider the fact that in 1988 Trump was out there defending Dan Quayle at a time when real RINOs were dissing Quayle.

I have several complaints about Trump, but I'm starting to understand why ardent conservatives like Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin have endorsed him.

Is that the same D. Trump who stated he identified more as a Democrat, was very, very pro-choice, who thinks the economy does better under Democrats?

There may be a significant number of people who are not admitting they intend to vote for him, as this guy from your report says:

A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”

Could be some surprises in store :)

Could be people are accepting he's a candidate now, but won't vote for him.

I think it makes us look confused...he said he would do one thing and is doing another.

Now you're just a liar, he's always said he would accept contributions form individuals.

As of Oct 2015, my bold.

Trump has taken in 73,942 contributions, a total that surpasses several of his GOP rivals, despite the billionaire businessman’s early pledge to finance his own campaign. Financial reports filed last week also show that more than 70 percent of the $3.9 million he raised from July through September came from people giving $200 or less. That rate of small-donor contributions is second only to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who’s in the Democratic race.

The average Trump contribution was $50.46, his campaign said.

Trump Attracts Enthusiasm From Small Donors

Many of Trump’s small-dollar donors may in fact have been buying thousands of hats, which Trump’s campaign spent nearly $750,000 to buy along with other merchandise last quarter.

Trump’s total raised from under-$200 donors (whose names do not need to be publicly disclosed) compared to his merchandise costs suggests a large number of his donors may actually be buying something.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/90948/how-donald-trump-capped-off-his-fundraising

Do you really think any of these donations are changing the trajectory of his campaign or he wouldn't have spent his own money if people didn't donate?

Basically you're defining why he is rich....

Do you really think that if Hillary were saying she wasn't going to take donations then took 70,000+ donations.....you'd be here defending her?

The hildabitch has much bigger problems than that, Trump wanted to self finance, people told him they wanted to donate, he relented and said he would only accept small individual contributions. If that is worse sin any candidate had, this country would be in much better shape.

Apparently (according to conservatives on this thread I believe) he is taking the maximum amount the law allows....You're telling falsehoods.

I'm getting too old to sweat the small stuff, you only have so much energy in life, I only fight what I consider to be important battles. But to answer your question, NO, if other candidates from either party found themselves in this same situation, I wouldn't go all third grader and petty on them.

Oh okay.

Now you're just a liar, he's always said he would accept contributions form individuals.

As of Oct 2015, my bold.

Trump has taken in 73,942 contributions, a total that surpasses several of his GOP rivals, despite the billionaire businessman’s early pledge to finance his own campaign. Financial reports filed last week also show that more than 70 percent of the $3.9 million he raised from July through September came from people giving $200 or less. That rate of small-donor contributions is second only to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who’s in the Democratic race.

Many of Trump’s small-dollar donors may in fact have been buying thousands of hats, which Trump’s campaign spent nearly $750,000 to buy along with other merchandise last quarter.

Trump’s total raised from under-$200 donors (whose names do not need to be publicly disclosed) compared to his merchandise costs suggests a large number of his donors may actually be buying something.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/90948/how-donald-trump-capped-off-his-fundraising

Do you really think any of these donations are changing the trajectory of his campaign or he wouldn't have spent his own money if people didn't donate?

Do you really think that if Hillary were saying she wasn't going to take donations then took 70,000+ donations.....you'd be here defending her?

The hildabitch has much bigger problems than that, Trump wanted to self finance, people told him they wanted to donate, he relented and said he would only accept small individual contributions. If that is worse sin any candidate had, this country would be in much better shape.

Apparently (according to conservatives on this thread I believe) he is taking the maximum amount the law allows....You're telling falsehoods.

I'm getting too old to sweat the small stuff, you only have so much energy in life, I only fight what I consider to be important battles. But to answer your question, NO, if other candidates from either party found themselves in this same situation, I wouldn't go all third grader and petty on them.

Oh okay.

He's got a few that have donated the 2700 limit, very few when compared to the rest of his donors, they only account for a about a third of his contributions. If you look at them as a percentage of all donors they might make 3-4%.

As of Oct 2015, my bold.

Oh okay.

He's got a few that have donated the 2700 limit, very few when compared to the rest of his donors, they only account for a about a third of his contributions. If you look at them as a percentage of all donors they might make 3-4%.

Capture.JPG

Its actually double what you state; about 8%.

Nearly all of it is from men....illustrates just how big the gender gap is going to be this fall.

Donor demographics data for Donald Trump, 2016 Cycle | OpenSecrets

As of Oct 2015, my bold.

Oh okay.

View attachment 60642

Nearly all of it is from men....illustrates just how big the gender gap is going to be this fall.

I think you need to learn how to do calculations, Trump has 73,924 contributors, 1698 of them gave more than $200, that works out to be a bit over 2%. But hey, who's counting? LMAO Petty, petty. In fact it would be a much lower percentage if you only counted the 120 that gave the max.

I would be more concerned about his 'contributions' if they were from special interest groups trying to buy the candidate or impact the polls. I don't see where anyone giving $27.80 or $2780. is really buying or influencing his campaign. In the graph posted much earlier about Trump vs Cruz donations, Trump hasn't taken any PAC funds, but Cruz sure did. Trump is still in effect funding his own campaign, he's not being 'bought' or influenced by special interest groups and he's not running FOR any special interest groups, he's running for the little people, and those 'little people' funds are a show of supporting their candidate and that is as it should be.

Oh okay.

View attachment 60642

I think you need to learn how to do calculations, Trump has 73,924 contributors, 1698 of them gave more than $200, that works out to be a bit over 2%. But hey, who's counting? LMAO Petty, petty. In fact it would be a much lower percentage if you only counted the 120 that gave the max.

Not sure where your data comes from--you of course didn't cite it.

Mine comes from here.

Summary data for Donald Trump, 2016 Cycle | OpenSecrets

Of course, it's all a smokescreen.

He said he was self-funding.
He is not self-funding.
He is not telling the truth.

Amazing how in some cases it makes a difference and in other cases it does not, huh.

If obama had said he was self-funding then took contributions (albeit quite small in the vast scheme of things), those on the right would be all over him saying he was a liar. You know that's true.

So why is it different when Trump does it?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer...

Hmmmm...Interesting. Trump lies again!

"I'm the only one self-funding," the billionaire mogul and 2016 GOP frontrunner told Greta Van Susteren. "I'm putting up my own money.

Trump: I'm the Only Candidate That Won't Be Controlled by Donors
Trump's NOT lying, ANYBODY can build a super PAC.

yup

Forum List

Back