Donors changing their tune on Donald Trump

Okay, you have officially turned the corner. Not only do you talk to yourself and answer, you post to yourself and post back because seldom does anyone pay attention to you.
I'm just showing another one of my predictions has come true.

Trump is not self-funding. He is not going to spend his own billion dollars to win the White House.
He is not accepting donations over $2780.
Any donations accepted means he is not fully funding his campaign..
Is Hillary and Bernie limiting their donations to $2780? Hillary has garnered $100 million,. That is a lot of influence peddling in anyones camp!

You have nothing to defend, these pathetic petty people are just flapping their gums because they got nothing substantial. Ignore the whiny little bitches.

She said she wouldn't support him when he started being dishonest. I'm waiting for her to follow through with her pledge....

I know it's wishful thinking for a republican to have scruples or principles but it's fun highlighting it.

Go Trump!!!

Is there anything dumber than people who think that people won't tell others that they are supporting a candidate because they think the person hearing it will mock them?

Studies have been done that indicates this exact phenomenon, actually. Heard it on libber talk radio, nonetheless....

People in some cases won't admit to a human that they intend to vote for trump, but the same questions asked by machine show increased support for trump.

Oh! Studies have been done! Why didn't you say so before! That changes everything!

Go Trump!!!

Is there anything dumber than people who think that people won't tell others that they are supporting a candidate because they think the person hearing it will mock them?

Studies have been done that indicates this exact phenomenon, actually. Heard it on libber talk radio, nonetheless....

People in some cases won't admit to a human that they intend to vote for trump, but the same questions asked by machine show increased support for trump.
I'm not ready to commit, but I am not against him. Time will tell, but I see the Libs getting nervous.

All the peon citizens supporting Trump, (and I believe Sanders) is akin to Hilly having Wall Street fund her, lolo! Not only that, but Hilly-and-Billy bamboozled these corporations to donate to the Clinton, crime family fund, but of course, Trump is the devil incarnate.

The lefts debate points are seriously getting more, and more shrill as their glorious candidate begins to slide, along with more bad news on virtually everything she is trying to cover up; AND the fact the stock market they have been crowing about is finally showing what happens when the fed removes 0 interest rates.

Add to that moderate Democrats (yes, there are a few, lol) are looking at this and saying "no," "oh hell no;" and what you end up with is a group of people relegated to attacking your candidate this time.....every time, because their candidate has absolutely NOTHING to offer to anyone, at anytime, and is seen as corrupt!

Carry on lefties-) The amount of total SHRILL coming through in your posts just proves who YOU think is actually in the drivers seat!

Go Trump!!!

Oh! Studies have been done! Why didn't you say so before! That changes everything!

What sort of idiotic response is that?

Here's the link, seeing as you're clearly too lazy to bother using Google to see if what you're saying makes sense or not. Learn something for a change.

Polls may actually underestimate Trump’s support, study finds

Thank you. Thank you very muuuuuuch.
Okay, you have officially turned the corner. Not only do you talk to yourself and answer, you post to yourself and post back because seldom does anyone pay attention to you.

Trump is not self-funding. He is not going to spend his own billion dollars to win the White House.
Is Hillary and Bernie limiting their donations to $2780? Hillary has garnered $100 million,. That is a lot of influence peddling in anyones camp!
We are not talking about Bernie and Hillary, since they did not make the claim that Trump made...

You have nothing to defend, these pathetic petty people are just flapping their gums because they got nothing substantial. Ignore the whiny little bitches.
Are you always on edge when your candidate is scrutinized for what he says versus what he does?

This is actually less about him taking donor money and more about the donor class looking at Trump and Cruz and deciding to go with Trump.
Nope.

Trump has only had about $3.8 million donated by small and large donors. Ted Cruz has received $26.3 million from donors so far.

Cruz is way ahead of Trump in donor funds.

Trump:

2eyyjvc.jpg

Cruz:

2wr0o6f.jpg

Donors changing tune on Trump
Donors who have either given the maximum $2,700 contribution to Trump’s campaign or plan to give vastly more than that in a general election, say they are noticing a growing acceptance of Trump among their mainstream Republicans friends and business associates.
When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer, most of his friends in Boston’s elite corporate and political circles thought he was “nuts” for supporting the billionaire’s unlikely presidential bid.
“People were going crazy that I was having him over to my house,” Boch says of his summer fundraising bash for Trump. “A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”
Now, nearly six months later, Boch, a car dealership mogul and supporter of the Massachusetts Republican Party, says friends and business associates he regards as moderate or “establishment” Republicans “are coming to terms with the idea that this is the guy; this is who is going to be the GOP leader.”

Compare that to Hillary. Is she getting more support as time goes on?

Donors?

I thought he was "self funding" and beholden to nobody....

So much for that legend.

Damn, you folks really look pathetic when you start getting so petty.

I think it makes us look confused...he said he would do one thing and is doing another.

Now you're just a liar, he's always said he would accept contributions form individuals.

She said she wouldn't support him when he started being dishonest. I'm waiting for her to follow through with her pledge....

I know it's wishful thinking for a republican to have scruples or principles but it's fun highlighting it.

Yet all you've done is concentrate on contributions, go figure.

Are you always on edge when your candidate is scrutinized for what he says versus what he does?

How about you provide a link where I've ever said I was going to vote for Trump in the primaries. You fucking regressive have absolutely no room to say anything about any candidates dishonesty if you support the hildabitch.

Donors who have either given the maximum $2,700 contribution to Trump’s campaign or plan to give vastly more than that in a general election, say they are noticing a growing acceptance of Trump among their mainstream Republicans friends and business associates.
When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer, most of his friends in Boston’s elite corporate and political circles thought he was “nuts” for supporting the billionaire’s unlikely presidential bid.
“People were going crazy that I was having him over to my house,” Boch says of his summer fundraising bash for Trump. “A lot of my friends were afraid to say that they were supporting him because it just wasn’t politically correct.”
Now, nearly six months later, Boch, a car dealership mogul and supporter of the Massachusetts Republican Party, says friends and business associates he regards as moderate or “establishment” Republicans “are coming to terms with the idea that this is the guy; this is who is going to be the GOP leader.”

Donors?

So much for that legend.

I think it makes us look confused...he said he would do one thing and is doing another.

Now you're just a liar, he's always said he would accept contributions form individuals.

Donors?

So much for that legend.

As of Oct 2015, my bold.

Trump has taken in 73,942 contributions, a total that surpasses several of his GOP rivals, despite the billionaire businessman’s early pledge to finance his own campaign. Financial reports filed last week also show that more than 70 percent of the $3.9 million he raised from July through September came from people giving $200 or less. That rate of small-donor contributions is second only to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who’s in the Democratic race.

The average Trump contribution was $50.46, his campaign said.

Trump Attracts Enthusiasm From Small Donors

Many of Trump’s small-dollar donors may in fact have been buying thousands of hats, which Trump’s campaign spent nearly $750,000 to buy along with other merchandise last quarter.

Trump’s total raised from under-$200 donors (whose names do not need to be publicly disclosed) compared to his merchandise costs suggests a large number of his donors may actually be buying something.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/90948/how-donald-trump-capped-off-his-fundraising

Do you really think any of these donations are changing the trajectory of his campaign or he wouldn't have spent his own money if people didn't donate?

Last edited:
When Republican donor Ernie Boch Jr. threw a party for Trump on the grounds of his 16,000-square-foot mansion over the summer...

Hmmmm...Interesting. Trump lies again!

"I'm the only one self-funding," the billionaire mogul and 2016 GOP frontrunner told Greta Van Stusteren. "I'm putting up my own money.

Trump: I'm the Only Candidate That Won't Be Controlled by Donors

That means he is not taking money from anyone except individual donors. Look at the fundraising totals.

Actually no.

The conservatives on the supreme court ruled in 2010 that it's constitutional to have what's called at "super PAC" that is able to raise unlimited amounts of money and they don't have to disclose much of where that money came from.

As long as they don't coordinate with the politician.

Which we all know is impossible.

The conservative supreme court ruled a couple years ago that money isn't a bribe either.

I did a search on trump and super pac. I found an article from July 6, 2015 about his Make America Great Again super pac.

Pro-Trump super-PAC aims to raise ‘unlimited funds’ | New York Post

In this article written October 18, 2015 it says that he started working on his super pac last spring.

The inside story of Trump campaign’s connections to a big-money super PAC - The Washington Post

He's been saying for months that he was using his own money. That he can't be bought.

He's been lying.

Here is a list of Trump donors:
Top Donors data for Donald Trump, 2016 Cycle | OpenSecrets

His outside donations are more than double what he has kicked in.
They are just little donations.

They are the maximum allowed under the law.

A little donation is hundreds of dollars. Not the maximum in the thousands.

The problem with maxing out is that the candidate has to find new donors. They can't go back to the same ones for money over and over again.

But then, that's what a super pac is for. Unlimited and undisclosed money for the candidate.

It costs over a billion dollars to get elected. Only the dumbest of rubes would bleev Trump won't need some big donors if he is going to get anywhere.

He sure as hell isn't going to spend his own billion.

Thank you. Thank you very muuuuuuch.

Only because that's the maximum allowed under the law.

I'm very sure he would take more if the law allowed it.

The money is the money. There's nothing we can really do about it, because we all should know that there's really no way to amend the constitution .. not anymore, what with the money and mass media. It may be possible to craft something parts of both parties can accept to form a filibuster proof maj, and which the scotus (most importantly Kennedy) can now accept after seeing how terribly wrong he got politics in CI. Leaders on both sides, including Mitt, know the system is totally dysfunctional, and serves only the few.

But the question I have is about the Donald. Is he a dealmaker, a demigod or a buffoon? Morning Joe asked him last week about what he'd do to expand background checks, which a supermaj approve of, and which even a maj in the gop approve of. The Donald said he'd get the NRA and congress in a room and work something out. Well, we already know the NRA will tell congress not only to fock itself but also tell congressmen and senators that if they try to pass background checks, the NRA will primary them out of their seats. So, a dealmaker ... he cannot always be.

Demigod? Will he simply take the politically possible and claim any position on any issue as his own, regardless of what he actually thinks is best for the country?

Is he just a clown who knows 40-50% of the 25% is just so angry they won't ever compromise over anything, even if compromise gives them 60% of what they want?

The money is the money. There's nothing we can really do about it, because we all should know that there's really no way to amend the constitution .. not anymore, what with the money and mass media.
Addressing the money is treating the symptom instead of the disease. That's why every campaign finance reform and Supreme Court decision of the past half century has had ZERO impact on the re-election rate of incumbents.

Congress has single digit approval, yet the House has a 98 percent re-election rate, and the Senate has 80 percent.

Charles Manson is more liked than Congress, and yet the same old fuckers keeping winning their seats back! HELLO?!?!

Stop treating the headaches and do something about the flu.

What do I mean by that?

Well, all you have to do is ask yourself why a special interest gives so much money to a politician. Why do they spend so many billions on lobbying and campaign donations?

What. Are. They. Buying?

Answer: Power.

Therefore, if you want to stop the money, take away the power.

If you want to stop the concentration of money in the hands of a few, you have to stop the concentration of POWER in the hands of a few.

If the dipshits in Government didn't have anything to sell, no one would be buying.

It just baffles the shit out of me why the idiots have not figured this out. The goddam liberals whine and whine and whine about money in politics, and then they go and centralize more power at the top. Example, ObamaCare.

They have given our very HEALTH CARE over to a few hands. And you just know they are going to be so pissed when that shit gets captured and abused by special interests. But they STILL won't fucking figure out to STOP CONCENTRATING SO MUCH POWER.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back