Don't blame the border crisis on a Bush-era law..

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"
In the face of public alarm over the Obama administration’s massive catch-and-release operation dispersing tens of thousands of illegal border crossers from Central America to cities and towns across the land, and very strong indications that these very policies are the main force driving the surge, President Obama and his allies have sought to deflect the blame on to this “Bush-era” law, claiming that it has tied their hands. They maintain that because of the law, we have no choice but to take in the kids, reunite them with their families, provide them with lawyers to help them make a claim for legal status, and provide health care and other services while they await a decision."

"..
It’s interesting how Mr. Obama and his team feel so constrained by the law in this instance, when they have found so many clever ways to exercise discretion in implementing other parts of the immigration law.
It’s possible to balance our obligations to protect genuine victims of trafficking and other abused children with our need to control immigration. Lawmakers should recognize that once again it is the president’s interpretation of the law that is the problem, not the law itself. With that in mind, Congress should direct any supplemental funding for the crisis to support proper enforcement, rather than bail out disastrous policies. "

Don?t Blame the Border Crisis on a ?Bush-era? Law | National Review Online

And just what is Bone-her and Congress going to do but hand sitting maneuvers during an election season...? There are three branches of our junta...

"
In the face of public alarm over the Obama administration’s massive catch-and-release operation dispersing tens of thousands of illegal border crossers from Central America to cities and towns across the land, and very strong indications that these very policies are the main force driving the surge, President Obama and his allies have sought to deflect the blame on to this “Bush-era” law, claiming that it has tied their hands. They maintain that because of the law, we have no choice but to take in the kids, reunite them with their families, provide them with lawyers to help them make a claim for legal status, and provide health care and other services while they await a decision."

"..
It’s interesting how Mr. Obama and his team feel so constrained by the law in this instance, when they have found so many clever ways to exercise discretion in implementing other parts of the immigration law.
It’s possible to balance our obligations to protect genuine victims of trafficking and other abused children with our need to control immigration. Lawmakers should recognize that once again it is the president’s interpretation of the law that is the problem, not the law itself. With that in mind, Congress should direct any supplemental funding for the crisis to support proper enforcement, rather than bail out disastrous policies. "

No blame Reagan

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

Watch as all of our beloved liberals like moony on this board rush to deny that this is Obama's fault...they will tell us Bush signed the bill. It's amazing to watch anti Religion liberals welcome thousands of new God fearing Catholics into our nation. There is something to be said to the advantage of our border crises compared to Europe's border crises. They have to deal with thousands of Muslim unknown's we have thousands of Christians moving in. I bet they do not like Gay Marriage and I bet they do not like birth control or legal pot and I would bet they are not afraid of global warming...and they will be voting at a ballot near you. Gee thanks Obama!

Damn! Take an English comprehension class or read closer than you do.
It's not hatred of religion, it's having a separation of religion and our government. Worship all you want on your dime.
By the way. When you start living by the teachings of your faith, we might just take your kind a bit more serious.

Watch as all of our beloved liberals like moony on this board rush to deny that this is Obama's fault...they will tell us Bush signed the bill. It's amazing to watch anti Religion liberals welcome thousands of new God fearing Catholics into our nation. There is something to be said to the advantage of our border crises compared to Europe's border crises. They have to deal with thousands of Muslim unknown's we have thousands of Christians moving in. I bet they do not like Gay Marriage and I bet they do not like birth control or legal pot and I would bet they are not afraid of global warming...and they will be voting at a ballot near you. Gee thanks Obama!

"

"..

No blame Reagan

And yet in the 5 YEARS Obama has been President he has not gone after a single employer ever.

Yeah, damn Oblama and the demise of the GOP...

"

"..

No blame Reagan

And yet in the 5 YEARS Obama has been President he has not gone after a single employer ever.

Can I just show you one example or do I need a page full?

It's not hatred of religion, it's having a separation of religion and our government. Worship all you want on your dime.
By the way. When you start living by the teachings of your faith, we might just take your kind a bit more serious.

Must of hit home.....

Obama Administration Eases Penalties on Those Employing Illegal Immigrants

Feb. 26, 2014 According to an*audit released yesterday, it appears the Obama administration has regularly given breaks to businesses that hire illegal immigrants. I guess President Obama missed the whole*illegal*part.

Your best retort? Really?
You have less to stand on than before you made that half-witted comment you first made. The suggestion still stands. Educate yourself you are digging a deeper hole all the time.

Must of hit home.....

"

"..

This is a pretty interesting article as well:

Unaccompanied Minors and Unintended Consequences | Cato Institute

The FACT is that he did sign the bill. It also had a large amount of republican support.

Maybe Liberals aren't as "anti-religion" as you assumed. We just don't want a theocracy.

How are illegal aliens and non-resident aliens going to be able to vote in our elections?

"

"..

Obama has been threatened with a "lawsuit" and "impeachment"

He has to be very careful these days

"

"..

No blame Reagan

Why make a statement like that when you know it comes out of thin air. Off the wall, inaccurate statements just muddy the dialogue.

This is 3 yrs old and the administration has tightened up more since

Joshua Lott for The New York Times
The Chuy's owners are accused of tax fraud and harboring illegal workers like Javier Díaz Ojeda, left, and his brother Alejandro.
After months of criticism from Republicans who said President Obama was relaxing immigration enforcement in workplaces, the scope of the administration’s strategy has become clear as long-running investigations of employers have culminated in indictments, convictions, exponentially increased fines and jail sentences. While conducting fewer headline-making factory raids, the immigration authorities have greatly expanded the number of businesses facing scrutiny and the cases where employers face severe sanctions.

And this from a top Immigration attorney...

This month the Obama Administration announced a new policy of more aggressively pursuing
prosecution of employers of illegal immigrants, changing the focus and methods of the Bush
administration. The policy was recently implemented following a worksite raid; in that case, the
undocumented workers apprehended were later released from custody and given temporary
status so that they could testify in a criminal case against their employer.
It coincides with new government efforts to target employers who hire undocumented workers
indirectly, through independent contractors, rather than putting them on payroll. Employers like
Walmart who hired subcontractors with illegal workers are now being hit with punitive fines and
prosecution.

What This Means for Employers.
Employers should heed the clear message sent by federal authorities: they are going after those
who hire immigrants lacking proper documentation of their right to work. Especially in these
tough economic times, one should expect this type of aggressive workplace enforcement of
immigration laws to increase with time.

Your best retort? Really?
You have less to stand on than before you made that half-witted comment you first made. The suggestion still stands. Educate yourself you are digging a deeper hole all the time.

Must of hit home.....

Now I know I hit home...Bulls eye!:D

The FACT is that he did sign the bill. It also had a large amount of republican support.

Maybe
Liberals aren't as "anti-religion" as you assumed.
We just don't want a theocracy.

How are illegal aliens and non-resident aliens going to be able to vote in our elections?

:bsflag:

Maybe
Liberals aren't as "anti-religion" as you assumed.
We just don't want a theocracy.

Yeah, that's probably the best response you can make to my post. You certainly can't debunk it or even try to discuss or debate it in an adult and rational manner. :)

Maybe We just don't want a theocracy.

Yeah, that's probably the best response you can make to my post. You certainly can't debunk it or even try to discuss or debate it in an adult and rational manner. :)

I do not debate people that are deranged...you have Bush derangement syndrome.

Forum List

Back