🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dont dress black and you should be fine

Tatts. When you see someone with shitloads of tatts all over their body...arms, legs, face, neck, head...what is your immediate thought? What if it is a young girl in her early 20's?
I used to think tats meant a criminal, back in the day.

Today, I think they mean a mindless sheep, with too much disposable cash, trying to be "different" just like everybody else.
In hindsight do you think it was intelligent to assume someone with tatts was a criminal?
There was a better than even chance, in the time and place, that anyone displaying them was a criminal.
Who told you this or did you just come up with it on your own?
US Merchant Marine, Port of Oakland, 66-69.

Merchant Marine was a haven for criminals then, or, at least the small shipping lines were.

I did see a much higher class of people on the Sea-Land containers ships than on the Waterman Line.
So your sample pool is admittedly limited to Merchant Marines? How do you form a conclusion off that?

It also associated with meth use.
As I stated I like to be comfortable, but I know when I need to get out, then I need to take more care in my dress.
Society is not changing. Perception is what it is. If you see a girl dressed in hot pants and letting it all hang out, on the corner would your perception be she might be a hooker, even if she isn't?
Get over it. Perception is there whether one likes it or not. You see a white person with sores all over and thin as a rail, one assumes they are a druggie, too.
Tatts. When you see someone with shitloads of tatts all over their body...arms, legs, face, neck, head...what is your immediate thought? What if it is a young girl in her early 20's?

Today, I think they mean a mindless sheep, with too much disposable cash, trying to be "different" just like everybody else.
In hindsight do you think it was intelligent to assume someone with tatts was a criminal?
Sores are indicators of poor health. Clothes can be taken on and off. I wear suits most of the time. When not wearing suits I look like what some timid people would call a thug.

I remember when I first worked in IT. I went to a interview thinking everyone would be dressed in blue pants, white shirts with blue ties, and wearing bifocals covered with tape. i was stunned to see many of them wearing pajamas.

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Most of that applies to anyone, bigot.

Sure it does...I saw a story last week about how whites gave their sons "the talk" about law enforcement. :rolleyes:

What was your discussion like? I bet it was different than mine or any other blacks

did you hear this PSA from Samuel Jackson?

As I stated I like to be comfortable, but I know when I need to get out, then I need to take more care in my dress.
Society is not changing. Perception is what it is. If you see a girl dressed in hot pants and letting it all hang out, on the corner would your perception be she might be a hooker, even if she isn't?
Get over it. Perception is there whether one likes it or not. You see a white person with sores all over and thin as a rail, one assumes they are a druggie, too.

Sores are indicators of poor health. Clothes can be taken on and off. I wear suits most of the time. When not wearing suits I look like what some timid people would call a thug.
No. I grew up and learned that your first assumption is usually wrong. Humans are geared towards defining danger through sight. They tend to think negatively of people that dont sport the approved "uniform" of their tribe.

I di
No, he wasn't but he would be perceived that way by others. It is what it is. Just as someone with multiple face piercings is perceived to be bangers whether they are or not.
Tattoos and Body Piercing Adolescent Self-Expression or Self-Mutilation Psychology Today
Peer-reviewed scientific studies conclude that tattooed and pierced people share characteristics with the following extremely undesirable groups of suffering and damaged people: pickers, burners, head bangers, self cutters, self-injurers, dangerous risk takers, eating disorders, self-haters, substance abusers, depressed, socially alienated.

“In 1999 The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry listed tattooing and 'excessive piercing' along with picking, burning, head-banging and cutting as forms of self-injury. In The Journal of Psychosomatic Research (2006, volume 6, issue 4), Adolescence (2002, volume 37, issue 147), The Journal of Adolescent Health (2005, volume 36, issue 4), Deviant Behavior (2009, volume 30, issue 6) and Pediatrics (2002, volume 109, issue 60), tattooing and body piercing are associated with dangerous and sometimes lethal risk-taking behavior, eating disorders, self-loathing, substance abuse, depression and social alienation.”

He looks like a thug.
Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, we all are judged by our appearance. One thing my dad always said, you can tell how a person feels about themselves by how they dress. Not by price of clothing, but whether someone is well groomed, and clean, and how we carry ourselves. And he said whether we like it or not, others do judge us by how we dress and present ourselves. Me? Around the house, nothing but tshirts and shorts and barefoot. I leave the house? I know I should care how I look. And dress appropriately. First impressions count, whether we like it or not.
The new rules on dressing for success - CBS News
Yeah, and when 1 son went through that phase I let him know it.

Know what?

He looks like a thug?

Is he a thug?

Lesson learned? Your son is a good kid. Let him wear what he wants.
I did, and he learned. Perception of appearance does matter, whether he liked it or not, or any of us like it. He grew up.

Most people's probably is. But it doesn't change it the fact, the appearance is the first thing one has to go on.

No. I grew up and learned that your first assumption is usually wrong. Humans are geared towards defining danger through sight. They tend to think negatively of people that dont sport the approved "uniform" of their tribe.

And an asshole who dares people to confuse him with criminals is probably going to be confused with criminals.

Was Big Criminal Thug Mike Brown dressed appropriately?
f_surv_ferguson_140815_fc4b4377e4f790941ed2809c99d5d7b9.jpg

Browns lying friend has cornrows with a poofy something on top of his head.
So yeah. Hair styles can be added to apparel.

Was Big Criminal Thug Mike Brown dressed appropriately?
f_surv_ferguson_140815_fc4b4377e4f790941ed2809c99d5d7b9.jpg
Looks like his shorts are hanging off his ass.
But.. but... but.... he chose light colors & was not wearing a hoodie in the summer heat. :lol:

I hate those hanging off the ass clothes. That was started by prisoners advertizing they wanted to be screwed in the butt. Only wannabe raped prisoners would wear that stupid crap.

Last edited:
It's pretty stupid to get shot for pulling up your damned pants, but it happens over and over and over again.
Not to white kids.
I am not sure of that at all.
You may be correct but I have yet to see or hear of a case where a white kid got shot for pulling up their pants.
Unarmed white 20yr old boy Dillon Taylor was shot by police for pulling up his pants.
No he wasnt but nice try.
Yes he was you idiot. See picture of unarmed white 20yr old Dillon Taylor pulling up his pants when non-white cop shoots him to death.
dillontaylor.png

There was a better than even chance, in the time and place, that anyone displaying them was a criminal.
Who told you this or did you just come up with it on your own?
US Merchant Marine, Port of Oakland, 66-69.

Merchant Marine was a haven for criminals then, or, at least the small shipping lines were.

I did see a much higher class of people on the Sea-Land containers ships than on the Waterman Line.
So your sample pool is admittedly limited to Merchant Marines? How do you form a conclusion off that?
Did I not specify "back in the day"?

This is like telling women not to dress sexy because some man might rape them, or telling gays not to dress gay because some bigot might kill them.

That's because you are an idiot. You seek to alarm others, and draw negative attention to yourself.

That's fine. Enjoy it when you get it.
Just because my ancestors turned yours into lamps is no reason to get mad at me today.

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Most of that applies to anyone, bigot.

Sure it does...I saw a story last week about how whites gave their sons "the talk" about law enforcement. :rolleyes:

What was your discussion like? I bet it was different than mine or any other blacks

Whites probably say "Son....if a cop stops you and you are disrespectful ill whip your ass myself, and you better get your own bail money."

Instead of "Cops are all racist and you deserve free shit"

Forum List

Back