🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dont dress black and you should be fine

You tend to do that when someone is sporting a confederate flag. All the other attributes wouldnt bother me. Dressing with a hoodie is not the equivalent of a confederate flag.
I disagree to the extent that dressing in a hoodie and carrying yourself in a certain manner is the equivalent to a lot of people, and how it is perceived is what matters.

Dorks in hoodies that carry themselves like dorks are just perceived as dorks.

I have heard every explanation for the hoodie, including, from several black parents, that blacks are more sensitive to the cold than whites are.

This was when my black, female principal tried to ban hoodies from the campus.

That did NOT fly.

She did get a uniform policy for the parish though, 20 years later, they still wear them, and violence is worse than ever.
How is dressing in a hoodie and not being a dork carrying yourself in a certain manner? I cant understand what you are trying to say. I don't think a explanation is really necessary as to why someone should be allowed to wear them. Its the height of ignorance to attribute a certain behavior to someone wearing a hoodie.. Hoodies dont have the power to make you violent. I think black people are more prone to get cold. In general we have less body fat. There is a reason not a lot of Black people go skiing and snowboarding. The thought of being cold tends to discourage you.

I never said hoodies make you violent.

I said hoodies make other people think you are more prone to violence.

And lots and lots of other people think so too.
Why would a hoodie make someone think you are prone to violence? It doesnt make any sense.

Lots of people believe in all sorts of things. That doesnt make them right just because a lot of people are stupid.

Shit, I don't know why people think the way they do.

But you cannot deny the reputation of the hoodie, or deny certain people wear them in an intimidating manner.
Yes I can deny it. Thats exactly what I'm doing now. I see nothing threatening about a hoodie.

Plenty of 'white' people and others dress like 'thugs'. So it isn't a black dress code.

Thread failure. Yet again.
They dont get shot for it though which is the point you totally missed.
It's pretty stupid to get shot for pulling up your damned pants, but it happens over and over and over again.
Not to white kids.
I am not sure of that at all.
You may be correct but I have yet to see or hear of a case where a white kid got shot for pulling up their pants.

What exactly is "dressing black"? Pants down around their ankles? That's the only thing I can think of.

I disagree to the extent that dressing in a hoodie and carrying yourself in a certain manner is the equivalent to a lot of people, and how it is perceived is what matters.

Dorks in hoodies that carry themselves like dorks are just perceived as dorks.

I have heard every explanation for the hoodie, including, from several black parents, that blacks are more sensitive to the cold than whites are.

This was when my black, female principal tried to ban hoodies from the campus.

That did NOT fly.

She did get a uniform policy for the parish though, 20 years later, they still wear them, and violence is worse than ever.
How is dressing in a hoodie and not being a dork carrying yourself in a certain manner? I cant understand what you are trying to say. I don't think a explanation is really necessary as to why someone should be allowed to wear them. Its the height of ignorance to attribute a certain behavior to someone wearing a hoodie.. Hoodies dont have the power to make you violent. I think black people are more prone to get cold. In general we have less body fat. There is a reason not a lot of Black people go skiing and snowboarding. The thought of being cold tends to discourage you.

I never said hoodies make you violent.

I said hoodies make other people think you are more prone to violence.

And lots and lots of other people think so too.
Why would a hoodie make someone think you are prone to violence? It doesnt make any sense.

Lots of people believe in all sorts of things. That doesnt make them right just because a lot of people are stupid.

Shit, I don't know why people think the way they do.

But you cannot deny the reputation of the hoodie, or deny certain people wear them in an intimidating manner.
Yes I can deny it. Thats exactly what I'm doing now. I see nothing threatening about a hoodie.
I didn't say you did.

I said many people do.

Note he is white and was stopped at night wearing a hoodie. Sounds like he learned what he was wearing probably caused it. Read the article. It is worth it.

Teens Hoodies don t make us hoodlums The Columbus Dispatch
Devin Ellis and two friends recently made a late-night run to a nearby gas station for snacks. But during their walk through a Groveport neighborhood, a neighbor flashed floodlights at them and police confronted them.

Ellis, 18, hadn’t been stopped before during similar late-night trips. He believes that what they were wearing — dark clothing and hooded sweatshirts — played a role.

hoodie.jpg

I will take racism under advisement next time I look at crime statistics. And the black on black murders, do blacks lives really matter that much when blacks don't buy their own propaganda? It's sad. Heartbreaking. It's karma.

Tatts. When you see someone with shitloads of tatts all over their body...arms, legs, face, neck, head...what is your immediate thought? What if it is a young girl in her early 20's?

Remember back in the day...guys had greased back hair in a ducktail, white tshirts with the sleeves rolled up and maybe a pack of cigs tucked in? What was your thoughts when you saw them? Bad boys? Dad called them "hoods".

And walmart people! When you see them with rollers in their hair, muffin waists hanging out of too tight pants, poop stains on their butt cheeks, etc...what is your immediate thought? Trailer trash?

Plenty of 'white' people and others dress like 'thugs'. So it isn't a black dress code.

Thread failure. Yet again.
It's pretty stupid to get shot for pulling up your damned pants, but it happens over and over and over again.
Not to white kids.
You may be correct but I have yet to see or hear of a case where a white kid got shot for pulling up their pants.
Unarmed white 20yr old boy Dillon Taylor was shot by police for pulling up his pants.

Tatts. When you see someone with shitloads of tatts all over their body...arms, legs, face, neck, head...what is your immediate thought? What if it is a young girl in her early 20's?
I used to think tats meant a criminal, back in the day.

Today, I think they mean a mindless sheep, with too much disposable cash, trying to be "different" just like everybody else.

Not to white kids.
Unarmed white 20yr old boy Dillon Taylor was shot by police for pulling up his pants.
No he wasnt but nice try.

Tatts are ok for me on guys arms or back or chest or all the areas mentioned. On the face, head, neck..not so much. Otherwise, I see them as thugs or convicts. On women...a nice tatt is fine but when they have full sleeves and its all over their legs....tramp.

And they all may be none of the above but I wouldn't know that. First impression,ya know.

I used to think tats meant a criminal, back in the day.

Today, I think they mean a mindless sheep, with too much disposable cash, trying to be "different" just like everybody else.
In hindsight do you think it was intelligent to assume someone with tatts was a criminal?

Along with multiple piercings on the face.

Tatts are ok for me on guys arms or back or chest or all the areas mentioned. On the face, head, neck..not so much. Otherwise, I see them as thugs or convicts. On women...a nice tatt is fine but when they have full sleeves and its all over their legs....tramp.

And they all may be none of the above but I wouldn't know that. First impression,ya know.
You don't find the heart dripping over the cankle to be sexy???

How about the fatback tattoo?

Forum List

Back