🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dont dress black and you should be fine

I don't care what color you are, I see you wearing a hoodie with the hood pulled up,and it isn't cold, combined with your undies showing, I think thug.
That wouldnt be exactly thinking. That would be giving into your instinctive impulse to categorize people.
What would your instinctive impulse be if approached by five loud-mouth whiteboys in welding caps and sporting various sickening desecrations of the Confederate battle flag?
My instiinctive impulse would be that they wanted an ass kicking.

Somehow I dont think the sanctioned white approved attire rule is meant for their own kids.

boy-in-hoodie-copy.jpg
I wear hoodies for the same reason everybody else does, so nobody knows who I am.
I wear hoodies to keep my head warm. Nobody knows who you are anyway.

Somehow I dont think the sanctioned white approved attire rule is meant for their own kids.

boy-in-hoodie-copy.jpg
I wear hoodies for the same reason everybody else does, so nobody knows who I am.

Here I thought all this time it was to keep your head warm.
If that were true, you would not routinely see them year round in the South.

But, you knew that.
Why wouldnt it be true? Its cold down south as well.

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Lawrence Otis Graham is an idiot! Mike Brown was dressed in the same way & in the same warm colors. The key thing to teach all children is not to be criminal thugs. Both of Mike Brown's parents are violent criminal thugs & they raised him that way.

LOL ..He was wearing gang colors.

Yeah, us white people have been teaching our kids how to dress for success for millennia. I have pics of my 29 year old son as a 2 year old with a bowtie and a plaid jacket. My 11 year old son has a suit, and I make him wear it. It doesn't sag, it's fitted correctly, there is no ball cap associated with it, no untied tennis shoes, he doesn't wear a single logo anywhere on his body, except the Italian designer label on the inside of his jacket.

It's good to see modern urban blacks are finally catching on.
Dressing for success like Black Muslims?
Bow ties obviously give away the fact you are violent.

Comparing Nazis to Urban wear huh?

THAT says a lot
Ohhhh, so you CAN tell a lot about a person based on the way they dress. You immediately recognized that those guys were trouble.Thank you for proving my point.

Yeah because Nazis are trouble...which is really different than clothes you can buy at Macy's.
There are no swastikas showing, yet you still are calling them Nazis. Why? Is it because of the way they dress? Guess what, when we see a bunch of thugs in hoodies, we avoid them too, and for the record, wherever they are getting their thug outfit, it isn't at Macys.

Hoodies are not thug wear idiot...Anyone can buy a hoodie. To dress like a Nazi requires pizzazz. You think they bought those clothes like that?

Of course you dont...but I can buy a hoodie anywhere. Funny you called a random black wearing a hoodie a thug and these guys are just yanno...maybe they're nice?
I wouldnt have posted a picture of skin heads if I thought there was nothing concerning about their clothes. I see no swastikas, you see no swastikas, but we both agree that they are likely nazi ski heads. Clothing matters. We make judgements about people based on their clothes.

Yes, because people make STATEMENTS via their clothing.

A dumbass wearing jeans down around his ass, with his hand on his crotch, swinging the other hand, with a hoody, gang logos, gang colors, and status sneakers is making a statement "I want to be identified as a dumbass criminal thug and I'll spend good money to brand myself as one".

If he doesn't want to make that statement, he shouldn't wear those clothes.

Comparing Nazis to Urban wear huh?

THAT says a lot
Ohhhh, so you CAN tell a lot about a person based on the way they dress. You immediately recognized that those guys were trouble.Thank you for proving my point.

Yeah because Nazis are trouble...which is really different than clothes you can buy at Macy's.
There are no swastikas showing, yet you still are calling them Nazis. Why? Is it because of the way they dress? Guess what, when we see a bunch of thugs in hoodies, we avoid them too, and for the record, wherever they are getting their thug outfit, it isn't at Macys.

Hoodies are not thug wear idiot...Anyone can buy a hoodie. To dress like a Nazi requires pizzazz. You think they bought those clothes like that?

Of course you dont...but I can buy a hoodie anywhere. Funny you called a random black wearing a hoodie a thug and these guys are just yanno...maybe they're nice?
I wouldnt have posted a picture of skin heads if I thought there was nothing concerning about their clothes. I see no swastikas, you see no swastikas, but we both agree that they are likely nazi ski heads. Clothing matters. We make judgements about people based on their clothes.
Of course we do, don't dress like who you are, dress like you want to be perceived.

As for the OP, I have a hard time believing that a man who wears a suit and tie everyday has kids who dress like thugs and he feels bad about correcting that.

Yeah, us white people have been teaching our kids how to dress for success for millennia. I have pics of my 29 year old son as a 2 year old with a bowtie and a plaid jacket. My 11 year old son has a suit, and I make him wear it. It doesn't sag, it's fitted correctly, there is no ball cap associated with it, no untied tennis shoes, he doesn't wear a single logo anywhere on his body, except the Italian designer label on the inside of his jacket.

It's good to see modern urban blacks are finally catching on.
Dressing for success like Black Muslims?
Bow ties obviously give away the fact you are violent.

Uh huh:

jay-z-carnegie-hall-concert-afterparty-new-york-city-1-530x387-480x330.jpg

This asshole may or may not be violent. The point is...he's not shouting "I'M VIOLENT" by tatting tear drops on his face.

Yes, because people make STATEMENTS via their clothing.

A dumbass wearing jeans down around his ass, with his hand on his crotch, swinging the other hand, with a hoody, gang logos, gang colors, and status sneakers is making a statement "I want to be identified as a dumbass criminal thug and I'll spend good money to brand myself as one".

If he doesn't want to make that statement, he shouldn't wear those clothes.

Correct, this is why Mad_Cabbie asked for assless chaps from Santa, he wants to be perceived a certain way.

I don't care what color you are, I see you wearing a hoodie with the hood pulled up,and it isn't cold, combined with your undies showing, I think thug.
That wouldnt be exactly thinking. That would be giving into your instinctive impulse to categorize people.
What would your instinctive impulse be if approached by five loud-mouth whiteboys in welding caps and sporting various sickening desecrations of the Confederate battle flag?
But, you would categorize them, negatively, as you should.

No shame in profiling; it's hardwired in the DNA.

But back to the hoodie; you can't beat it for covering a pistol and keeping folks from identifying features such a race or even gender, or hair color, etc.

When off my turf, out of my comfort zone, the hoodie is the way to go.

Out here in the sticks, we just carry deer rifles most of the time, in case we run into hogs.

If I went around here in a hoodie, people would think I'd gone nuts.

I live on the coast, and we wear hoodies because we live on the coast and it gets windy and it rains.

And everybody knows that. It isn't something the thug culture started affecting as a way to hide their identity here. It's something mothers started in order to protect ear drums.

But back to the hoodie; you can't beat it for covering a pistol and keeping folks from identifying features such a race or even gender, or hair color, etc.

Out here in the sticks, we just carry deer rifles most of the time, in case we run into hogs.

You tend to do that when someone is sporting a confederate flag. All the other attributes wouldnt bother me. Dressing with a hoodie is not the equivalent of a confederate flag.

Adopt a manner and style which is widely associated with a criminal and outwardly aggressive element of society and you will be treated with either suspicion or hostility, or both.

You tend to do that when someone is sporting a confederate flag. All the other attributes wouldnt bother me. Dressing with a hoodie is not the equivalent of a confederate flag.

It's exactly the same. Same as wearing a swastika, or a red bandana.

You're identifying with a group. The hoodie group (away from the coast) is the thug group.

Adopt a manner and style which is widely associated with a criminal and outwardly aggressive element of society and you will be treated with either suspicion or hostility, or both.

But they think it's COOL! How dare you associate any negativity with the fads of criminals that are adopted by (allegedly) non-criminal, fashion-conscious accountants and attorneys of a certain skin color!

I wear a hoodie all the time. Mostly cuz I keep my hair cut short, and it keeps my head warm when I'm out running or something.

I was in "the city" the other day and really didn't even think of it, we went to the mall, well I was carrying that day , I don't always but Springfield has had some issues lately, so I was

Anyway a rentacop noticed I was carrying and came over and questioned me. Fairly aggressively for a rentacop.

I'm fairly certain the hoodie that drew the extra attention.

Forum List

Back