🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dont dress black and you should be fine

I don't care what color you are, I see you wearing a hoodie with the hood pulled up,and it isn't cold, combined with your undies showing, I think thug.
That wouldnt be exactly thinking. That would be giving into your instinctive impulse to categorize people.
What would your instinctive impulse be if approached by five loud-mouth whiteboys in welding caps and sporting various sickening desecrations of the Confederate battle flag?
My instiinctive impulse would be that they wanted an ass kicking.
But, you would categorize them, negatively, as you should.

No shame in profiling; it's hardwired in the DNA.

But back to the hoodie; you can't beat it for covering a pistol and keeping folks from identifying features such a race or even gender, or hair color, etc.

When off my turf, out of my comfort zone, the hoodie is the way to go.

Out here in the sticks, we just carry deer rifles most of the time, in case we run into hogs.

If I went around here in a hoodie, people would think I'd gone nuts.
I wear a hoodie all the time. Mostly cuz I keep my hair cut short, and it keeps my head warm when I'm out running or something.

I was in "the city" the other day and really didn't even think of it, we went to the mall, well I was carrying that day , I don't always but Springfield has had some issues lately, so I was

Anyway a rentacop noticed I was carrying and came over and questioned me. Fairly aggressively for a rentacop.

I'm fairly certain the hoodie that drew the extra attention.

So did you defiantly glare at the cop and then get combative with him? And did you then flaunt your hoodie-wearing in front of other rentacops?

That wouldnt be exactly thinking. That would be giving into your instinctive impulse to categorize people.
What would your instinctive impulse be if approached by five loud-mouth whiteboys in welding caps and sporting various sickening desecrations of the Confederate battle flag?

But back to the hoodie; you can't beat it for covering a pistol and keeping folks from identifying features such a race or even gender, or hair color, etc.

Out here in the sticks, we just carry deer rifles most of the time, in case we run into hogs.

I wear a hoodie all the time. Mostly cuz I keep my hair cut short, and it keeps my head warm when I'm out running or something.

I was in "the city" the other day and really didn't even think of it, we went to the mall, well I was carrying that day , I don't always but Springfield has had some issues lately, so I was

Anyway a rentacop noticed I was carrying and came over and questioned me. Fairly aggressively for a rentacop.

So did you defiantly glare at the cop and then get combative with him? And did you then flaunt your hoodie-wearing in front of other rentacops?

I seriously considered lowering my head and charging like an enraged rhinoceros, but then I remembered something.....................

im white. So, I showed him my ID and my carry permit and went about my day.

I don't care what color you are, I see you wearing a hoodie with the hood pulled up,and it isn't cold, combined with your undies showing, I think thug.

You tend to do that when someone is sporting a confederate flag. All the other attributes wouldnt bother me. Dressing with a hoodie is not the equivalent of a confederate flag.
I disagree to the extent that dressing in a hoodie and carrying yourself in a certain manner is the equivalent to a lot of people, and how it is perceived is what matters.

Dorks in hoodies that carry themselves like dorks are just perceived as dorks.

I have heard every explanation for the hoodie, including, from several black parents, that blacks are more sensitive to the cold than whites are.

This was when my black, female principal tried to ban hoodies from the campus.

That did NOT fly.

She did get a uniform policy for the parish though, 20 years later, they still wear them, and violence is worse than ever.

I seriously considered lowering my head and charging like an enraged rhinoceros, but then I remembered something.....................

im white. So, I showed him my ID and my carry permit and went about my day.

Yeah, maybe CC's community will figure this out some day.

I see their forays into dressing like regular people as a positive sign.

He looks like a thug.
Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, we all are judged by our appearance. One thing my dad always said, you can tell how a person feels about themselves by how they dress. Not by price of clothing, but whether someone is well groomed, and clean, and how we carry ourselves. And he said whether we like it or not, others do judge us by how we dress and present ourselves. Me? Around the house, nothing but tshirts and shorts and barefoot. I leave the house? I know I should care how I look. And dress appropriately. First impressions count, whether we like it or not.
The new rules on dressing for success - CBS News

Of course you do.
Yeah, and when 1 son went through that phase I let him know it.

Know what?

Plenty of 'white' people and others dress like 'thugs'. So it isn't a black dress code.

Thread failure. Yet again.

You tend to do that when someone is sporting a confederate flag. All the other attributes wouldnt bother me. Dressing with a hoodie is not the equivalent of a confederate flag.
I disagree to the extent that dressing in a hoodie and carrying yourself in a certain manner is the equivalent to a lot of people, and how it is perceived is what matters.

I have heard every explanation for the hoodie, including, from several black parents, that blacks are more sensitive to the cold than whites are.

That did NOT fly.

She did get a uniform policy for the parish though, 20 years later, they still wear them, and violence is worse than ever.
How is dressing in a hoodie and not being a dork carrying yourself in a certain manner? I cant understand what you are trying to say. I don't think a explanation is really necessary as to why someone should be allowed to wear them. Its the height of ignorance to attribute a certain behavior to someone wearing a hoodie.. Hoodies dont have the power to make you violent. I think black people are more prone to get cold. In general we have less body fat. There is a reason not a lot of Black people go skiing and snowboarding. The thought of being cold tends to discourage you.

That did NOT fly.

How is dressing in a hoodie and not being a dork carrying yourself in a certain manner? I cant understand what you are trying to say. I don't think a explanation is really necessary as to why someone should be allowed to wear them. Its the height of ignorance to attribute a certain behavior to someone wearing a hoodie.. Hoodies dont have the power to make you violent. I think black people are more prone to get cold. In general we have less body fat. There is a reason not a lot of Black people go skiing and snowboarding. The thought of being cold tends to discourage you.

I never said hoodies make you violent.

I said hoodies make other people think you are more prone to violence.

And lots and lots of other people think so too.

That did NOT fly.

Why would a hoodie make someone think you are prone to violence? It doesnt make any sense.

Lots of people believe in all sorts of things. That doesnt make them right just because a lot of people are stupid.

That did NOT fly.

Why would a hoodie make someone think you are prone to violence? It doesnt make any sense.

Lots of people believe in all sorts of things. That doesnt make them right just because a lot of people are stupid.

Shit, I don't know why people think the way they do.

But you cannot deny the reputation of the hoodie, or deny certain people wear them in an intimidating manner.

Forum List

Back