🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dont dress black and you should be fine

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Most of that applies to anyone, bigot.

Sure it does...I saw a story last week about how whites gave their sons "the talk" about law enforcement. :rolleyes:

What was your discussion like? I bet it was different than mine or any other blacks

Whites probably say "Son....if a cop stops you and you are disrespectful ill whip your ass myself, and you better get your own bail money."

Instead of "Cops are all racist and you deserve free shit"

black fathers don't say "cops are all racists and you deserve free shit"

they say

"that aint my kid"

Unless and until the kid looks like he might have a pro sports career ahead of him, then bam "daddy's home"

This is like telling women not to dress sexy because some man might rape them, or telling gays not to dress gay because some bigot might kill them.

Would you tell an extremely attractive woman its ok to wear a bikini at 2am on a dark street near the bar and nightlife district? Nope. Its her right too. And she did nothing wrong. But its dumb.

Would you say its dumb to wear a rebel flag shirt into the worst ghettos of Atlanta? What if I wore a "Support Darren Wilson" shirt in Ferguson at midnight on a Friday and tried to loiter with locals at the liquor store? Am I to blame for what happens?

This is like telling women not to dress sexy because some man might rape them, or telling gays not to dress gay because some bigot might kill them.

yes, exactly the same thing

what an idiot.
I never thought you had the ability to think logically.

The failure in logic is YOURS

No teen has been shot solely for dressing like a hood.

Therefor no one is saying don't dress like a hood or you'll be shot.

Therefor there is no comparison to telling a woman not to dress in a skimpy outfit or she'll get raped.

Unless of course you can provide an example of anyone who was shot by the police simply b/c of what they were wearing?

A BETTER complaint by you would have been if you had said "that's like telling women they shouldn't wear skimpy clothing if they don't want to be thought of as whores" because you see, they directly correlate. People see teenagers in thug clothes they assume thug. people see woman in slut clothes, they assume slut. Because those two things are true

And always remember this, no matter how smart you think you are, I'm still smarter. FACT

I live on the coast, and we wear hoodies because we live on the coast and it gets windy and it rains.

And everybody knows that. It isn't something the thug culture started affecting as a way to hide their identity here. It's something mothers started in order to protect ear drums.

But you're white. See the opportunity to explain yourself you have. "Protect my ears" when it's a white person and "hide your face for nefarious reasons" when that same hoodie is on a black person

Adopt a manner and style which is widely associated with a criminal and outwardly aggressive element of society and you will be treated with either suspicion or hostility, or both.

Spot on!
They dont call em counter cultures for nothing.

Yes but when a style is considered "criminal" just because of your fears changing clothes won't make you any less fearful.

This isn't a counter culture...you can get it in Macy's..and let's be real...The "aggressive black man" stereotype didn't come about when pants started sagging. MLK dressed nice all the time and was still considered a trouble maker because it's not about the clothes it's about the perception of others

My instiinctive impulse would be that they wanted an ass kicking.
But, you would categorize them, negatively, as you should.

No shame in profiling; it's hardwired in the DNA.

But back to the hoodie; you can't beat it for covering a pistol and keeping folks from identifying features such a race or even gender, or hair color, etc.

When off my turf, out of my comfort zone, the hoodie is the way to go.

Out here in the sticks, we just carry deer rifles most of the time, in case we run into hogs.

If I went around here in a hoodie, people would think I'd gone nuts.
I wear a hoodie all the time. Mostly cuz I keep my hair cut short, and it keeps my head warm when I'm out running or something.

I was in "the city" the other day and really didn't even think of it, we went to the mall, well I was carrying that day , I don't always but Springfield has had some issues lately, so I was

Anyway a rentacop noticed I was carrying and came over and questioned me. Fairly aggressively for a rentacop.

I'm fairly certain the hoodie that drew the extra attention.

So did you defiantly glare at the cop and then get combative with him? And did you then flaunt your hoodie-wearing in front of other rentacops?

I seriously considered lowering my head and charging like an enraged rhinoceros, but then I remembered something.....................

im white. So, I showed him my ID and my carry permit and went about my day.

Yeah, maybe CC's community will figure this out some day.

I see their forays into dressing like regular people as a positive sign.

Yeah if only we could all be white and wear hoodies instead of being black and wearing "gangster clothes"....same hoodie different attitudes

Conceal carry for a black man will most certainly up front be an issue

I live on the coast, and we wear hoodies because we live on the coast and it gets windy and it rains.

And everybody knows that. It isn't something the thug culture started affecting as a way to hide their identity here. It's something mothers started in order to protect ear drums.

But you're white. See the opportunity to explain yourself you have. "Protect my ears" when it's a white person and "hide your face for nefarious reasons" when that same hoodie is on a black person
1iFrt1.Em.138.jpg

Arrested white man wearing hoodie.

Tatts are ok for me on guys arms or back or chest or all the areas mentioned. On the face, head, neck..not so much. Otherwise, I see them as thugs or convicts. On women...a nice tatt is fine but when they have full sleeves and its all over their legs....tramp.

486637751.jpg

First off, anyone with a Mohawk has issues deeper than tattoos.

I have no idea who this is, though I do recognize the NBA logo.

Funny how the thug label is missing here

It is okay if I don't give a shit about the color of your skin or how you dress? Cos I don't.

At all. Sorry if that disappoints you. :eusa_shifty:

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Most of that applies to anyone, bigot.

Sure it does...I saw a story last week about how whites gave their sons "the talk" about law enforcement. :rolleyes:

What was your discussion like? I bet it was different than mine or any other blacks

Whites probably say "Son....if a cop stops you and you are disrespectful ill whip your ass myself, and you better get your own bail money."

Instead of "Cops are all racist and you deserve free shit"

black fathers don't say "cops are all racists and you deserve free shit"

they say

"that aint my kid"

Unless and until the kid looks like he might have a pro sports career ahead of him, then bam "daddy's home"

Kevin Durant. That kid's local AAU team used to panhandle right down the street from my house to raise dough to send them to road tournaments. What an awesome message that sends to kids. Actually it's an illustration of the culture. I put a quarter in their bucket once. I figure he owes me at least ten thousand dollars now as return on my investment.

Hoodies, to me, are not a red flag. Its the demeanor, attitude, hair style, clothing from waist down, language used in general conversation that can be construed as red flags. But that's me.

Hoodies, to me, are not a red flag. Its the demeanor, attitude, hair style, clothing from waist down, language used in general conversation that can be construed as red flags. But that's me.

True story, right after 9/11 MPs were sent to schools to learn how to identify potential threats. Hoodies was an indicator.

The UnaBomber was the beginning of that

tumblr_lol7dt0Zzg1qhgwruo1_500.jpg

5476c0aba4408f958d43ba8f77c8e9c8.jpg

No red flags waving for me ^

th

ghetto_low_pants_black_guys_thug_xlarge.jpeg

00s-hip-hop-fashion-4sgtae6f.jpg

Red Flag waving for me ^

Yeah you think those 2 uncle Toms every gotta worry about "hands up don't shoot?"
Why do you call them Uncle Toms? Because they are dressed nicely? Because they did whatever they could to be successful? Got an education? Joined society to contribute to it AND to themselves and their families?

tumblr_lol7dt0Zzg1qhgwruo1_500.jpg

5476c0aba4408f958d43ba8f77c8e9c8.jpg

No red flags waving for me ^

th

ghetto_low_pants_black_guys_thug_xlarge.jpeg

00s-hip-hop-fashion-4sgtae6f.jpg

Red Flag waving for me ^

Yeah you think those 2 uncle Toms every gotta worry about "hands up don't shoot?"
Why do you call them Uncle Toms? Because they are dressed nicely? Because they did whatever they could to be successful? Got an education? Joined society to contribute to it AND to themselves and their families?

Get your sarcasm detector fixed Gracie LOL

Forum List

Back