Dont fish alone in california unless you are armed

You never know what you might run in to.

Horror-of-party-beach-1964.jpg

Hell I go armed when I go down to my river property six miles from my house.

I'm about 500 yards down river from a public boat landing so occasionally I run into trespassers....If they are just fishing then that's fine, I just ask them to leave it as they found it and they do.

I do run campers off though. My river frontage is like a sandy beach (no bank along most of it) so NOtVA canoeists and kayakers think they can just stop and camp there if they want.

I even had to get in one of the local outfitters's shit a few years back because they were telling the tourists that they could camp there. Fuckin' asshole.

I did run into five "river rats" one day about 10 years ago.....Those are WT crack-heads/pill-billies from the next county over who have been run off everywhere they go so they hit the boat landings and try setting-up camp on adjoining properties.

I told them to leave and got a FU for my trouble so I said "OK have it your way" and just went back to the truck called the SD (who I let go down there and fish/camp).....They showed-up and arrested two on the spot on outstanding warrants and the other three gathered-up their shit/trash and headed back to the landing. All had been drinking right hard.

LOL.....Then to add insult to injury the Deputies went up to the boat landing where they parked, waited for them to leave and then pulled them over and arrested the driver for DWI.....I never saw them nor any "river-rats" after that, I guess the word got out. ;)

Fishing?
Why the fuck would I want to fish?
I cannot think of a more boring pastime than standing around trying to catch a fish.

Forum List

Back