Don't mention the suspect is Black

dannyboys

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2013
?U? Students Want Crime Alerts To Avoid Using Racial Descriptions « CBS Minnesota
That's right. UM Black students don't want any 'person of interest' in a crime to be called 'Black' if the suspect happens to be Black b/c that may upset some Black students. Police: "Can you describe the person who stole your car?" "Well he was a young man. "Did you see the color of his skin?" "What does that have to do with anything!?"
Next they'll want only Ebonics taught to Black students.
I think UM should have a policy that prohibits anyone from saying if the suspect was a male or female. Makes as much sense right?

Some cities already have prohibitions against mentioning the race of a suspect. Los Angeles is prohibited from mentioning the race of a suspect. If a surveillance picture is available that's posted. If there is a sketch of the suspect that's posted. Otherwise, it's just assumed that an assailant is black. Sorry, but it's just assumed a black suspect until there is some evidence to the contrary.

Racial grievance groups have complained about posting pictures from surveillance cameras since the "no racial identification" rule was put into place. Displaying a photograph of an assailant is just as bad as giving a description. So far, those complaints have not had much of an effect.

These students need to open their eyes and get out more. The MSM does its absolute best to avoid identifying the race of criminals and the accused. Many Black-on-white crimes go from initial reporting to final resolution (trial, conviction) with no mention ever having been made about the race of the perpetrator, because the editorial staff is uncomfortable with it.

Often, the only clue is when the people have ridiculous Afro-centric names that are now commonplace.

It would be funny if those ignorant students actually did a survey of articles to identify the ones that gratuitously mentioned the race of the alleged perpetrator. They would find very, very few.

The MSM does its best to avoid identifying the race of a criminal. The students are not complaining about that. They are complaining about campus crime alerts.

In our area ... They have a weekly publishing of all suspects arrested, the charges against them and their mug shots.
It's available on the counter where you check out at the convenience store.

Most of the people listed are from the large Liberal metropolitan area to the North of us ... Not to insinuate that the only people listed are Liberals.
If anyone from the rural area where I live is ever in the publication ... It usually isn't a surprise and we pretty much make a joke out of it.

Stuff like ...

"Yeah, I saw where your brother got busted with a pound of pot ... I bet your Mama is having a cow about that.
You want me to pitch in for a pair of electric shears ... Because we probably won't be seeing her at the Village Salon for a while?"

That may sound particularly cruel to some folks ... But it is common around here and usually results in a nod and some laughs.
We know who we are ... Everybody makes mistakes ... And it is more important to get it out in the open and let the other person know there is no need to hide from it.
We are still willing to be there for them ... And the crime one person commits doesn't make us throw the whole lot away.

Some cities already have prohibitions against mentioning the race of a suspect. Los Angeles is prohibited from mentioning the race of a suspect. If a surveillance picture is available that's posted. If there is a sketch of the suspect that's posted. Otherwise, it's just assumed that an assailant is black. Sorry, but it's just assumed a black suspect until there is some evidence to the contrary.

Racial grievance groups have complained about posting pictures from surveillance cameras since the "no racial identification" rule was put into place. Displaying a photograph of an assailant is just as bad as giving a description. So far, those complaints have not had much of an effect.

Most of Los Angeles is Hispanic why are they just assuming the suspect is Black?:confused:

Evidently I'm missing the point.

I can understand race not being a factor of media reports about someone arrested, charged, or on trial. I cannot understand not having a complete description of a suspect they're looking for, and that's how I read the article.

its how the republican party cheats in elections too.

they make sure voters of color cant get registered to vote so they can win elelctions.

race is important in a lot of ways

I can understand race not being a factor of media reports about someone arrested, charged, or on trial. I cannot understand not having a complete description of a suspect they're looking for, and that's how I read the article.

they make sure voters of color cant get registered to vote so they can win elelctions.

That certainly cleared up a lot.

Thanks.

Democrats also demand censorship of black welfare rates and black SAT scores. Everything must be done to support the myth that blacks are equal to everyone else.

These blacks have the gall to call this profiling!!!! And yet they support the blatant profiling of affirmative action. "You're white - you can't have this job or go to this college or get this scholarship".

Thanks.

your side targets people of color all day long

Thanks.

your side targets people of color all day long

"My side"?

LOL.

Not only is your statement untrue, it has less than nothing to do with the topic.

Not letting campus police give a COMPLETE description of the the suspect is STUPID

?U? Students Want Crime Alerts To Avoid Using Racial Descriptions « CBS Minnesota
That's right. UM Black students don't want any 'person of interest' in a crime to be called 'Black' if the suspect happens to be Black b/c that may upset some Black students. Police: "Can you describe the person who stole your car?" "Well he was a young man. "Did you see the color of his skin?" "What does that have to do with anything!?"
Next they'll want only Ebonics taught to Black students.
I think UM should have a policy that prohibits anyone from saying if the suspect was a male or female. Makes as much sense right?

Progressives will stop at nothing to enable common street criminals.

You'll hear most of them complain that there are too many black people in jails. So their solution is to free them or simply never put them in there after they've committed crimes. This is just yet another lib idea to help minority criminals out. They won't be satisfied until prison demographics match the rest of society.

Most of Los Angeles is Hispanic why are they just assuming the suspect is Black?:confused:

Probably because most of the time the photos that they do put out there is of a black guy. That, and if the perpetrator is white, the media usually says so. There is no law that the race of the perpetrator can't be made public, it's more of a recognized courtesy. When the perp is white, it's the first thing they say.

They should give out a physical description of everyone. The police have a complete physical description. It's only the public that doesn't. Or, do the sensible thing, everyone is suspect until proven differently.

Forum List

Back