Dow Breaks 15,000 for First Time

Obama made one of the greatest stock market calls of all time.

Obama Says Buy Stocks Now: Good Deals There for Long-Term Investors

March 4, 2009

BY Michael Mcauliff
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - A bullish President Obama says the ever-sinking Dow hasn't gotten him down - in fact, this might be a smart time to buy into the stock market.

"What you're now seeing is profit-and-earning ratios are starting to get to the point where buying stocks is a potentially good deal if you've got a long-term perspective on it," Obama said Tuesday.

Obama Says Buy Stocks Now: Good Deals There for Long-Term Investors - US News and World Report

The market bottomed six days later. It has more than doubled since.

I was in New York at the time, meeting with some of the best minds on Wall Street, and most were scared out of their minds. Obama is, apparently, better at calling the markets than they are.

Ummmmm......Mr. Bronze Bull, four years is kind of a long cycle time for investment advice, isn't it?

That was 2009 and this is 2013.

Keep pumping money into the failed economic system and it will break 16,000 in a relatively short time.

Do any of you ever bother to try and understand the market or do you just parrot the bleating sheep?

the market is rising because people have no other choice but to throw their money in if they want any return at all because the fed is holding interest rates artificially low and the government has been printing money with abandon.

Where is the runaway inflation?

Kept in check by the high unemployment and the record low number of people in the labor market. You are actually seeing inflation in the stock market rather than the general pricing index.

I just wanted to say it's a relief to see some people here, like you, actually understand economic and investing issues!! Very helpful.

My husband is a financial advisor and I put your point into the conversation a few weeks ago about people having to invest in the stock market -- thus pumping it up -- if they want ANY return because of the extremely low interest rates Bernanke is forcing, and surprised him! [:)

And now, we have our 'Conservatives' trying to say that it is all a bubble. Wishing for America to be in bad economic shape simply to deny the President any kind of credit for his policies and insight. And it is so damned transparent. 2014.

Migod, of COURSE it's a bubble!!!!!

LOOK at it. Europe collapsing, Japan flat-lining, war on every horizon, our recovery limp-wristed and pale with high unemployment, and yet the market is soaring up like it's got a rocket in its tail?????

It's not conservative ranting to say it's a bubble!! It's obvious.

And it's spreading: housing is now starting to inflate, and college loans have been a bubble for the last few years.

The last time we had a bubble, it ended real, real badly in 2007--2008, so I don't know why leftwing people think we shouldn't be on the lookout for more of the same disaster building up.

Obama made one of the greatest stock market calls of all time.

Obama Says Buy Stocks Now: Good Deals There for Long-Term Investors

March 4, 2009

BY Michael Mcauliff
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - A bullish President Obama says the ever-sinking Dow hasn't gotten him down - in fact, this might be a smart time to buy into the stock market.

"What you're now seeing is profit-and-earning ratios are starting to get to the point where buying stocks is a potentially good deal if you've got a long-term perspective on it," Obama said Tuesday.

Obama Says Buy Stocks Now: Good Deals There for Long-Term Investors - US News and World Report

The market bottomed six days later. It has more than doubled since.

I was in New York at the time, meeting with some of the best minds on Wall Street, and most were scared out of their minds. Obama is, apparently, better at calling the markets than they are.

Ummmmm......Mr. Bronze Bull, four years is kind of a long cycle time for investment advice, isn't it?

That was 2009 and this is 2013.

In 2009, it was fantastic advice for virtually any time frame.

And the average bull market lasts 4-5 years.

The increase is all in very low level service jobs.

This is complete bullshit.

If you want to claim this wasn't a great jobs report fine I'm right there with you, but don't just lie through your teeth when the BLS report is there for everyone to see. Engineering, accounting, legal, management, technical consulting, healthcare all increased.

What gets into people where they believe so strongly in their political position that they are comfortable manufacturing lies like this?

Retard.

you are correct sir. She is a retard AND a hack. She rarely, if ever, provides evidence unless backed against the wall. IOW- a typical USMB eXtreme conservative :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back