Down in the Dumps- The Grand Illusion

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
When I was young, I believed in this:

I really, really did.... and I thought everybody felt the same, warm and fuzzy yet goose bumpy, comforting peace inside that we Americans, were generous, awesome people! IF anyone could bring world peace, it was us...I just knew it! :p

Maybe it was because my circle of family, friends, and coworkers all seemed to have the same proud of their country feelings? So much of life was all ahead of me! I hadn't even met Matthew yet!

Maybe it was not really knowing the underbelly of my own country?

Maybe it was just being young and naive and foolish?

Whatever it was....

I miss those days.... :(

Not to sideline your great OP too much, but did you see Daddy's Home 2? There's an hysterical scene where they all break into your favorite song. You should see it if you haven't.

Pipe dreams.............we were there to stop the starving..............only to be fired at for doing so................

They could have just stop fighting and allowed us to feed them.............They would rather die than allow that.

Yes..........GRAND ILLUSION.

I really, really did.... and I thought everybody felt the same, warm and fuzzy yet goose bumpy, comforting peace inside that we Americans, were generous, awesome people! IF anyone could bring world peace, it was us...I just knew it! :p

Maybe it was because my circle of family, friends, and coworkers all seemed to have the same proud of their country feelings? So much of life was all ahead of me! I hadn't even met Matthew yet!

Whatever it was....

-------------------- aw 'gwb' scum that he is gave MY money to 'africa' for 'aids' and then 'mrobama' also gave them MY money for Ebola . Neither one of them axed me if it was alright with Me or other Americans .

Whatever it was....

No, it wasn't just you. Maybe it was because we were young and hopeful, but the underbelly was way more covered with a shirt than it is now.

and 'africans' are still dying of aids and i hear that there is a new outbreak of Ebola .

Whatever it was....

Care unfortunately that was never real, it was a child's view, I had it too. When I went to War I thought I was defending and fighting for the greatest nation in the history of the world. The truth(if and when one discovers it) is disconcerting and disheartening. None of it is real. Trump works for the same people Obama did, Bush(both of them), Bill and all Presidents did.

not to mention starvation and war . And now there is a war on 'white' farmers in 's. africa' . Pretty soon i expect that starvation will be an even bigger problem in 'africa' , especially south africa .

not to mention starvation and war . And now there is a war on 'white' farmers in 's. africa' . Pretty soon i expect that starvation will be an even bigger problem in 'africa' , especially south africa .

Do some research, Agenda 21 (Now called Agenda 2030)

think it MIGHT be different with The TRUMP in many cases not necessarily concerning 'africa' Doc .

i know all about the rumor , truth , lie , BS or conspiracy of Agenda 21 , not important to me at this time or in this thread Doc .

Last edited:

Whatever it was....

Don't feel alone, most people and Americans in particular think that people everywhere think like we do and want what we want. Think that ALL people that matter are inherently good, generous and altruistic but have no clue what the real world is like, what evil motivates many people from a multitude of backgrounds and cultures.
I grew up military, I knew We are the World was a pipe dream.

We're also a lot more idealistic when we are younger.

Last edited:

Whatever it was....

Don't feel alone, most people and Americans in particular think that people everywhere think like we do and want what we want. Think that ALL people that matter are inherently good, generous and altruistic but have no clue what the real world is like, what evil motivates many people from a multitude of backgrounds and cultures.

------------------------------------- and if i may , your post and reasoning is WHY i don't want immigration into the USA . Foreigners think differently than Americans . See 'isis' posts , he is a third world foreigner that immigrated to the USA and he will use his vote to change the USA for the worse Ringel .

Whatever it was....

I was an Air force Brat and grew up Military as well, and I thought we were the greatest! I had lived overseas in Puerto Rico and Italy and Germany for a little bit, and truly felt and thought, "there is no place like home"! And thought my dad, serving his country for 22 years, was the best(est) dad ever, in the best(est) nation ever!

just simply naive, I suppose..... :(

Whatever it was....

Kenny Rodgers didn't have ridiculous plastic surgery back then

kennyrogers-beforeafter.jpg

Whatever it was....

I was an Air force Brat and grew up Military as well, and I thought we were the greatest! I had lived overseas in Puerto Rico and Italy and Germany for a little bit, and truly felt and thought, "there is no place like home"! And thought my dad, serving his country for 22 years, was the best(est) dad ever, in the best(est) nation ever!

You wanted to believe, no problem with that.

I was raised in the Orient, major difference than Europe or even Puerto Rico. The poverty in much of Asia makes Puerto Ricans look rich.

Whatever it was....

------------------------------------- and if i may , your post and reasoning is WHY i don't want immigration into the USA . Foreigners think differently than Americans . See 'isis' posts , he is a third world foreigner that immigrated to the USA and he will use his vote to change the USA for the worse Ringel .

It's already too late.

Whatever it was....

You wanted to believe, no problem with that.

I was raised in the Orient, major difference than Europe or even Puerto Rico. The poverty in much of Asia makes Puerto Ricans look rich.

No I was with her on this, we had that and farm aid..it was cool times in the 80's ..so full of hope and dreams

Last edited:

Forum List

Back