Down in the Dumps- The Grand Illusion

ahhh, yes! a girlfriend of mine and I used to play Let's go Crazy off of that album every weekend before we went out dancing and bar hopping!

Why didn't you invite me :(

who knows, I probably did? Were you in Miami in the 80's??

:D

Was in clear water/ saint pete.. I hit on this girl hard , used every move I had, got her the first night , second night..she moved on..

I don't think it was you though , you probably would of held my hand and argue with me about Bill Clinton..

Lol...

:lol:

Nope, didn't move to the Tampa /St Pete area until the late 80's and early 90's....Matt's home town....we were married there! The company I worked for was in Miami/then Ft Laud, but then moved their headquarters to Tampa in the late 80's and I ended up there....

My parents had just moved to Florida from New Jersey and lived on the west coast a little north of Clearwater in the mid 80's....so I visited them....loved Clearwater Beach and a little south of Clearwater, Reddington Beach, Madiera Beach and Treasure Island's Beach.... great shell hunting! :)

When I was young, I believed in this:

I really, really did.... and I thought everybody felt the same, warm and fuzzy yet goose bumpy, comforting peace inside that we Americans, were generous, awesome people! IF anyone could bring world peace, it was us...I just knew it! :p

Maybe it was because my circle of family, friends, and coworkers all seemed to have the same proud of their country feelings? So much of life was all ahead of me! I hadn't even met Matthew yet!

Maybe it was not really knowing the underbelly of my own country?

Maybe it was just being young and naive and foolish?

Whatever it was....

I miss those days.... :(

The child molester had an even better version of this:

I really, really did.... and I thought everybody felt the same, warm and fuzzy yet goose bumpy, comforting peace inside that we Americans, were generous, awesome people! IF anyone could bring world peace, it was us...I just knew it! :p

Maybe it was because my circle of family, friends, and coworkers all seemed to have the same proud of their country feelings? So much of life was all ahead of me! I hadn't even met Matthew yet!

Whatever it was....

The child molester had an even better version of this:

---------------------------- big shows of emotions but never any solutions . Course all they are is singers and dancers so what do they know.

Whatever it was....

Don't feel alone, most people and Americans in particular think that people everywhere think like we do and want what we want. Think that ALL people that matter are inherently good, generous and altruistic but have no clue what the real world is like, what evil motivates many people from a multitude of backgrounds and cultures.
I grew up military, I knew We are the World was a pipe dream.

I was an Air force Brat and grew up Military as well, and I thought we were the greatest! I had lived overseas in Puerto Rico and Italy and Germany for a little bit, and truly felt and thought, "there is no place like home"! And thought my dad, serving his country for 22 years, was the best(est) dad ever, in the best(est) nation ever!

just simply naive, I suppose..... :(

No. Don't let them wear you down, Care4all. Please. The glass is still half full or half empty, and it is entirely up to us which way to view it. That will never change.

Whatever it was....

We are Americans, and we are generous.
Sorry you lost your way somewhere along the way.
No country is perfect, nor ever will be.
But the entire world benefits tremendously because America is the one with world power.

Childhood dreams get crushed by the reality of the world. To the Greed, the acquisition of power by the corrupt. By fanatics who would rather see their own people starve than allow a outside country help them.

Which is why early on in this thread I posted the Somalia video............The War Lords wanted absolute power........and the early Islamic Radicals saw us as invaders when our mission was to safe guard the food to the starving.............

But they saw it as occupation and invasion of their holy turf..........not to mentioned they had become immune to the suffering of the starving people. A Culture of indifference.........Had they just put down their weapons and allowed others to help the world could have made a huge difference...........

But alas they didn't...........and the dying continues to this day.

Childhood dreams get crushed by the reality of the world. To the Greed, the acquisition of power by the corrupt. By fanatics who would rather see their own people starve than allow a outside country help them.

Which is why early on in this thread I posted the Somalia video............The War Lords wanted absolute power........and the early Islamic Radicals saw us as invaders when our mission was to safe guard the food to the starving.............

But they saw it as occupation and invasion of their holy turf..........not to mentioned they had become immune to the suffering of the starving people. A Culture of indifference.........Had they just put down their weapons and allowed others to help the world could have made a huge difference...........

But alas they didn't...........and the dying continues to this day.

And this is the part that the apologist look past,and always omit.
No President did more for Africa than Bush II, also something the apologist will never acknowledge. His Aids assistance saved millions in Africa.
At the same time who can forget the footage of local warlords stopping and extorting aid caravans? Warlords taking all of the food and medicine and using it to feed their soldiers.
The only way to end poverty in Africa would be to militarily take over the entire country. I am pretty sure the apologist would never condone that, but at the same time - ignore that reality and keep on trashing America for "not doing anything".
Sad.

Forum List

Back