Dr Ben Carson for President?

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile.”

Dr. Ben Carson for President? ?I?ll Leave That Up to God? - ABC News

The above quote, though obvious, still should hit home with a lot of us.

He could be an intellectual black candidate. It would be refreshing and interesting.

Worth a try..

But Republicans will never vote for a black man

I like Carson, but I am under the distinct impression that we're going to need someone with a strong business/economics background by the time the inept Obama leaves office.

He is fixing what Bush broke. You want a miracle? That's a miracle. 62% approval not bad.

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile.”

He could be an intellectual black candidate. It would be refreshing and interesting.

Worth a try..

Republican not needed with the majority of American being Hispanic and blacks and other white people. Republicans will never see the inside of the white house ever again.

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile."

Worth a try..

Seems that this is exactly what he meant above. In addition to "infantile", I would add puny.

You Repubs won't be choosing the next president either.

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile."

Worth a try..

Seems that this is exactly what he meant above. In addition to "infantile", I would add puny.

The numbers don't lie

There are 50 Governors, 100 Senators, 435 Congressmen. That is a lot of seats to fill. In the last 75 years, Republicans have elected only six blacks in those positions.

Republicans like black candidates. They hold them up and say....We have blacks too

But they don't vote for them

Worth a try..

The numbers don't lie

There are 50 Governors, 100 Senators, 435 Congressmen. That is a lot of seats to fill. In the last 75 years, Republicans have elected only six blacks in those positions.

Republicans like black candidates. They hold them up and say....We have blacks too

Don't kid yourself. Democrats would not have voted Obama in if he were "too" black. From the donkey's mouth:

Reid Apologizes for Remarks on Obama’s Color and ‘Dialect’

By JEFF ZELENY
Published: January 9, 2010

WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic majority leader, apologized on Saturday for once predicting that Barack Obama could become the country’s first black president because he was “light-skinned” and had “no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/us/politics/10reidweb.html?_r=0

The numbers don't lie

Don't kid yourself. Democrats would not have voted Obama in if he were "too" black. From the donkey's mouth:

By JEFF ZELENY

WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic majority leader, apologized on Saturday for once predicting that Barack Obama could become the country’s first black president because he was “light-skinned” and had “no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

The fact is...they did and in large numbers

I do congratulate Republicans for considering Dr Carson as a candidate. He is an intellectual, level headed, willing to look at both sides of an issue. A big change from one trick pony Herman Cain.

But Republicans have yet to show they will come out in large numbers to support a black man. I will believe it when I see it

The numbers don't lie

By JEFF ZELENY

I do congratulate Republicans for considering Dr Carson as a candidate. He is an intellectual, level headed, willing to look at both sides of an issue. A big change from one trick pony Herman Cain.

But Republicans have yet to show they will come out in large numbers to support a black man. I will believe it when I see it
You implicitly agree with Reid then. Democrats voted for Obama in large numbers because he wasn't "too" black. We both know exactly what Reid meant and we both know that most Democrats voted for him because of his light skin and lack of "black" demeanor, so spare us this holier-than-thou BS.

By JEFF ZELENY

You implicitly agree with Reid then. Democrats voted for Obama in large numbers because he wasn't "too" black. We both know exactly what Reid meant and we both know that most Democrats voted for him because of his light skin and lack of "black" demeanor, so spare us this holier-than-thou BS.

I agree with Reid

Obama was middle class, articulate, well educated and made inspiring speeches. I doubt if a southern black who spoke like a preacher or a black from an urban environment could have been elected. Obama was sellable to mainstream America in spite of his funny sounding name and Hussein as a middle name

As to skin tone? I don't know
Sidney Poitier was an articulate, educated black man and was as black as they come. He had little problem appealing to mainstream America

I wonder how many "flavors of the month" GOP voters will go through this cycle?

If the presidential primaries last year were any indication, I'd say quite a few. Its funny whenever a republican says something remotely intelligent, some voters jump up and down trying to pimp that individual for POTUS.

If the presidential primaries last year were any indication, I'd say quite a few. Its funny whenever a republican says something remotely intelligent, some voters jump up and down trying to pimp that individual for POTUS.
I am sure the irony is completely lost on you. The Democrats "pimped" Obama shamelessly. But then he had the advantage of being light skinned. I guess light-skinned black candidates, like prostitutes, are preferred by pimps.

I am sure the irony is completely lost on you. The Democrats "pimped" Obama shamelessly. But then he had the advantage of being light skinned. I guess light-skinned black candidates, like prostitutes, are preferred by pimps.

I don't think that skin tone was as big a factor as you say

Any benefit from being light skinned was more than offset by the name Barack Hussein Obama

Any benefit from being light skinned was more than offset by the name Barack Hussein Obama
It was Democrat Senate majority leader Harry Reid who said it. Here is an additional quote from Vice President Joe Biden:

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware told the New York Observer that Mr. Obama was “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Pimps like clean and nice-looking. Imagine, the first African-American mainstream candidate of either party to be articulate too.

It was Democrat Senate majority leader Harry Reid who said it. Here is an additional quote from Vice President Joe Biden:

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware told the New York Observer that Mr. Obama was “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Pimps like clean and nice-looking. Imagine, the first African-American mainstream candidate of either party to be articulate too.

I think Biden was correct

A black JFK

A black JFK
More like a black Jimmy Carter.

The first articulate mainstream black candidate of either party and he becomes president on his first try. Hmmm...damn good pimping!

A black JFK
More like a black Jimmy Carter.

The first articulate mainstream black candidate of either party and he becomes president on his first try. Hmmm...damn good pimping!

Jimmy Carter was neither handsome, articulate nor charismatic

All of which was required for the first black president

Democrats voted for Obama in large numbers because he wasn't "too" black. We both know exactly what Reid meant and we both know that most Democrats voted for him because of his light skin and lack of "black" demeanor, so spare us this holier-than-thou BS.

Kind of racist for you to be telling anyone what's "too black" or a "black demeanor". It's why the great majority will never trust the Republicans.

Democrats voted for Obama in large numbers because he wasn't "too" black. We both know exactly what Reid meant and we both know that most Democrats voted for him because of his light skin and lack of "black" demeanor, so spare us this holier-than-thou BS.

Kind of racist for you to be telling anyone what's "too black" or a "black demeanor". It's why the great majority will never trust the Republicans.
And yet Harry Reid is still Senate Majority leader and Biden is Vice President. Go figure?

Forum List

Back