Dr Ben Carson for President?

The fact is...they did and in large numbers

I do congratulate Republicans for considering Dr Carson as a candidate. He is an intellectual, level headed, willing to look at both sides of an issue. A big change from one trick pony Herman Cain.

But Republicans have yet to show they will come out in large numbers to support a black man. I will believe it when I see it
You implicitly agree with Reid then. Democrats voted for Obama in large numbers because he wasn't "too" black. We both know exactly what Reid meant and we both know that most Democrats voted for him because of his light skin and lack of "black" demeanor, so spare us this holier-than-thou BS.

I agree with Reid

Obama was middle class, articulate, well educated and made inspiring speeches. I doubt if a southern black who spoke like a preacher or a black from an urban environment could have been elected. Obama was sellable to mainstream America in spite of his funny sounding name and Hussein as a middle name

As to skin tone? I don't know
Sidney Poitier was an articulate, educated black man and was as black as they come. He had little problem appealing to mainstream America

What you are saying is that Obama is half-white. Go figure.

Any party will pimp their candidate. That's the purpose of the party, to get their candidate elected.

The point I was trying to make is that recently republican voters have been running around backing whoever said something smart and then abandoning them the next day for the next flavor of the month.
Your response is puny and disengenuous. You spoke of pimping, and it is completely hypocritical and racist to accuse Republicans of pimping a black potential candidate when the Dems have done so with exactly a lighter-skinned, although less qualified "black man'. The lighter-skinned the whore, the better the prospects. Ask any pimp.

What exactly are Dr Carsons qualifications other than criticizing Obama?

Who deems whom is qualified. Let the People decide. Why even an organizer who has never had budget responsibilities can become President.

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile.”

Dr. Ben Carson for President? ?I?ll Leave That Up to God? - ABC News

The above quote, though obvious, still should hit home with a lot of us.

He could be an intellectual black candidate. It would be refreshing and interesting.

Worth a try..

But Republicans will never vote for a black man

If you check voting records, you will find that many Republicans voted for Colin Powell (LOL), Allen West, Herman Cain. Clearly, Republicans voted for a black man.

Powell never held elective office. Neither did Cain. But both are held up by Republicans ( Condi Rice) as...See, we have blacks too

Allen West is prototypical of what it takes for a black to be elected as a Republican

Your response is puny and disengenuous. You spoke of pimping, and it is completely hypocritical and racist to accuse Republicans of pimping a black potential candidate when the Dems have done so with exactly a lighter-skinned, although less qualified "black man'. The lighter-skinned the whore, the better the prospects. Ask any pimp.

Who deems whom is qualified. Let the People decide. Why even an organizer who has never had budget responsibilities can become President.

Or even a United States Senator

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile.”

He could be an intellectual black candidate. It would be refreshing and interesting.

He's right.
And a conservative black candidate having a willingness to listen and discuss with whom he may disagree is an absolutely frightening prospect to the far left which seems to believe they are in control of the nation in perpetuity.
Obama and the democrats are not interested in dialog. Their goal is the destruction of any opposing viewpoint. That means the Republican party.

Lacking substance and no form.

Huh?

:cuckoo:

MarcATL, How can one be "Both"? Ben Carson supporters can classify themselves as supporters of a black man for President that oppose the current President; son of a white woman, and, by the President's own words, had a grandmother that was "a typical white woman".
I said I won't bash the man, you countered that I can't.

Then I said both. Which means I won't, nor do I have a reason to, which goes with "can't."

I'm in support of MOST of what Dr. Carson is saying thus far.

The RWers are just latching on to some PERCEIVED bashing of him.

Again, he began his speech by speaking of NOT offending others.

You people simply don't get it.

Anyway, I'm satisfied that you've abandoned that sanctimonious BS that Republicans would not vote for a "black" candidate while admitting that admitting that Democrats would only if he were appropriately black (or white), take your pick.

In the unlikely event that Carson were to become president, it would not be or guilt, affirmative action nor politically correct reasons. That is far more than I can say for Obama.

Republicans have not demonstrated that they would support a black candidate. Even a light skinned one that you harp on. Republicans have elected six blacks in the last 75 years.....what indicates they would vote for a black president?

I will believe it when I see it

True. Also true is the fact that Democrats have yet to elect a President born of a black mother. Cheer up.....anything is possible. Democrats recently elected a 1/32 Cherokee Indian as Senator for Massachusetts because her PaPaw said she had high cheek bones.

He is marvelous. He is just the kind of man we need in these desperate times. Although it's doubtful that if he ran, he would be prepared for the fire, brimstone and destruction that would be rained down on him by the left.

Yeah, "the right" are just such gentlemen and "never" hurl "fire, brimstone and destruction". :lol:

No..
Democrats, supposedly the party of minorities tried in vain to destroy Clarence Thomas by trotting out this Anita Hill person.
Democrats, the party of women's issues, used every means no matter how vile to destroy Sarah Palin.
Democrats, who are supposedly the party of inclusion and gay rights have used sexual orientation to destroy the lives of GOP politicians.
Now, name one similar incident perpetrated by conservatives that resulted in the destruction of a democrat's life or career.
Oh, while you're at it you can include the main stream media which is as we all know, biased in favor of liberals and the democrat party.
Name the last conservative to hold an office of importance ,such as the president of a labor union that wished death upon a state chief executive that was a democrat.

MarcATL, How can one be "Both"? Ben Carson supporters can classify themselves as supporters of a black man for President that oppose the current President; son of a white woman, and, by the President's own words, had a grandmother that was "a typical white woman".

Then I said both. Which means I won't, nor do I have a reason to, which goes with "can't."

What do you not support about him?

I'm not certain I agree with the flat tax as he puts it.

It works on a personal level, but on a political/governmental level...not so sure about that.

If they cut all the loop-holes, as in no tax returns for anybody, then yes.

Otherwise...no, it's a pipe-dream.

BTW, I tithe.

Worth a try..

But Republicans will never vote for a black man

If you check voting records, you will find that many Republicans voted for Colin Powell (LOL), Allen West, Herman Cain. Clearly, Republicans voted for a black man.

Powell never held elective office. Neither did Cain. But both are held up by Republicans ( Condi Rice) as...See, we have blacks too

Allen West is prototypical of what it takes for a black to be elected as a Republican

Barack Obama is prototypical of what it takes for a black to be elected as a Democrat President.

He's black, the liberal left will find, invent, someone to swear he had her love child. They did it to Cain they'll do it to any black who dares not to be a democrat.. He may well be a democrat we should take it for granted, like liberals do, that if he is black he is a democrat. For what reason that they are is beyond understanding.

So those women regarding Cain were imaginary? How come "the right" didn't stick up for Cain and expose those allegations as "lies"?
Two ideas in contradiction with each other.
Unlike you people, when the facts become clear, we do not circle the wagons and deny deny deny..
Once it became clear that Cain was unwilling to get out in front of the claims and come up with a solid defense against them, the damage was done. The MSM and democrat operatives were never going to give Cain a moments peace.
In this knee jerk ten second sound bite attention span of a gnat world we live in, facts mean nothing. All that matters is the seriousness of the charges. Unless of course one is a democrat.

So far I am liking this guy. Its sad though, come 2016 Karel Rove and Obamas character assassins will be all over this guy.

It works on a personal level, but on a political/governmental level...not so sure about that.

BTW, I tithe.

Fair enough. His flat tax has been presented by Steve Forbes and Herman Cain and criticized on its merits. That said, Carson nailed it when he questioned that notion that a rich man paying a hefty sum is not paying enough until "he hurts". BTW, I tithe as well. Jesus never said anything about the wealthy man tithing until it hurts. He admonished those that gave money for glorification (sin of vanity), but he never said anything about the necessity for the wealthy to hurt or feel the pinch.

He is marvelous. He is just the kind of man we need in these desperate times. Although it's doubtful that if he ran, he would be prepared for the fire, brimstone and destruction that would be rained down on him by the left.

Yeah, "the right" are just such gentlemen and "never" hurl "fire, brimstone and destruction". :lol:

No..
Democrats, supposedly the party of minorities tried in vain to destroy Clarence Thomas by trotting out this Anita Hill person.
Democrats, the party of women's issues, used every means no matter how vile to destroy Sarah Palin.
Democrats, who are supposedly the party of inclusion and gay rights have used sexual orientation to destroy the lives of GOP politicians.
Now, name one similar incident perpetrated by conservatives that resulted in the destruction of a democrat's life or career.

Oh, while you're at it you can include the main stream media which is as we all know, biased in favor of liberals and the democrat party.
Name the last conservative to hold an office of importance ,such as the president of a labor union that wished death upon a state chief executive that was a democrat.

Ummmmm.....Bill Clinton?

Barack Obama is prototypical of what it takes for a black to be elected as a Democrat President.

You mean actually getting 70 million Americans to vote for you?

Last edited:

BTW, I tithe.

Fair enough. His flat tax has been presented by Steve Forbes and Herman Cain and criticized on its merits. That said, Carson nailed it when he questioned that notion that a rich man paying a hefty sum is not paying enough until "he hurts". BTW, I tithe as well. Jesus never said anything about the wealthy man tithing until it hurts. He admonished those that gave money for glorification (sin of vanity), but he never said anything about the necessity for the wealthy to hurt or feel the pinch.
I just posted a response in another thread about the difference between Church and State.

We are not God. The government is not God, hence they don't work the same. God demands 10 percent of our increase. I can start a....you know what, I will start a thread on tithe and expound on it there. The point is, the government and God are not the same and work differently, as they should.

I agree with everything you said BTW.

Forum List

Back