Dr Ben Carson for President?

I wonder how many "flavors of the month" GOP voters will go through this cycle?

If the presidential primaries last year were any indication, I'd say quite a few. Its funny whenever a republican says something remotely intelligent, some voters jump up and down trying to pimp that individual for POTUS.
I am sure the irony is completely lost on you. The Democrats "pimped" Obama shamelessly. But then he had the advantage of being light skinned. I guess light-skinned black candidates, like prostitutes, are preferred by pimps.

Any party will pimp their candidate. That's the purpose of the party, to get their candidate elected.

The point I was trying to make is that recently republican voters have been running around backing whoever said something smart and then abandoning them the next day for the next flavor of the month.

The numbers don't lie

There are 50 Governors, 100 Senators, 435 Congressmen. That is a lot of seats to fill. In the last 75 years, Republicans have elected only six blacks in those positions.

Republicans like black candidates. They hold them up and say....We have blacks too

But they don't vote for them
Don't kid yourself. Democrats would not have voted Obama in if he were "too" black. From the donkey's mouth:

Reid Apologizes for Remarks on Obama’s Color and ‘Dialect’

By JEFF ZELENY
Published: January 9, 2010

WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the Democratic majority leader, apologized on Saturday for once predicting that Barack Obama could become the country’s first black president because he was “light-skinned” and had “no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/us/politics/10reidweb.html?_r=0

The fact is...they did and in large numbers

I do congratulate Republicans for considering Dr Carson as a candidate. He is an intellectual, level headed, willing to look at both sides of an issue. A big change from one trick pony Herman Cain.

But Republicans have yet to show they will come out in large numbers to support a black man. I will believe it when I see it
To be quite honest, it's not clear that Dr. Ben Carson is a Republican in the first place. Has he stated his political affiliation?

Methinks the answer is a resounding...no.

If the presidential primaries last year were any indication, I'd say quite a few. Its funny whenever a republican says something remotely intelligent, some voters jump up and down trying to pimp that individual for POTUS.
That's because they are SORELY lacking in that department, so they tend to overcompensate.

Good post! :clap2:

He is marvelous. He is just the kind of man we need in these desperate times.

Ah, yes......the Teabaggers' need to find their Obama....for marketing-purposes.

handjob.gif

when will the liberal overseer start cracking the whip and scream another one off the plantation!

I am sure the irony is completely lost on you. The Democrats "pimped" Obama shamelessly. But then he had the advantage of being light skinned. I guess light-skinned black candidates, like prostitutes, are preferred by pimps.

Any party will pimp their candidate. That's the purpose of the party, to get their candidate elected.

The point I was trying to make is that recently republican voters have been running around backing whoever said something smart and then abandoning them the next day for the next flavor of the month.
Your response is puny and disengenuous. You spoke of pimping, and it is completely hypocritical and racist to accuse Republicans of pimping a black potential candidate when the Dems have done so with exactly a lighter-skinned, although less qualified "black man'. The lighter-skinned the whore, the better the prospects. Ask any pimp.

Your response is puny and disengenuous. You spoke of pimping, and it is completely hypocritical and racist to accuse Republicans of pimping a black potential candidate when the Dems have done so with exactly a lighter-skinned, although less qualified "black man'. The lighter-skinned the whore, the better the prospects. Ask any pimp.

What exactly are Dr Carsons qualifications other than criticizing Obama?

What were Obama's? We all know that he was not Bush. FFS, he won a Nobel Peace prize for it.

Anyway, I'm satisfied that you've abandoned that sanctimonious BS that Republicans would not vote for a "black" candidate while admitting that admitting that Democrats would only if he were appropriately black (or white), take your pick.

In the unlikely event that Carson were to become president, it would not be or guilt, affirmative action nor politically correct reasons. That is far more than I can say for Obama.

Last edited:

What were Obama's? We all know that he was not Bush. FFS, he won a Nobel Peace prize for it.

Anyway, I'm satisfied that you've abandoned that sanctimonious BS that Republicans would not vote for a "black" candidate while admitting that admitting that Democrats would only if he were appropriately black (or white), take your pick.

In the unlikely event that Carson were to become president, it would not be or guilt, affirmative action nor politically correct reasons. That is far more than I can say for Obama.

Eight years in the Illinois Senate and Four years in the US Senate

What are Dr Carsons qualifications?

Republicans have not demonstrated that they would support a black candidate. Even a light skinned one that you harp on. Republicans have elected six blacks in the last 75 years.....what indicates they would vote for a black president?

I will believe it when I see it

or
Seriously?

or
Seriously?

What are Dr Carsons qualifications to be president?

You can look them up if you wish

Carson's hand-eye coordination and three-dimensional reasoning skills made him a gifted surgeon.[2] After medical school, he became a neurosurgery resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Starting off as an adult neurosurgeon, Carson became more interested in pediatrics. He believed that with children, "what you see is what you get,[2] ... when they’re in pain they clearly show it with a frown on their face or when they are happy they show it by smiling brightly."

At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as Directorss:) of Pediatric Neurosurgery. Carson's other surgical innovations have included the first intrauterine procedure to relieve pressure on the brain of a hydrocephalic fetal twin, and a hemispherectomy, in which a young girl suffering from uncontrollable seizures had one half of her brain removed.

In 1987, Carson made medical history by being the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins (the Binder twins) who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently.

Ben Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That he's an intellectual is pretty much a given. He is an amazing and self-made man. Compund that with being black, and he's the democrats worst nightmare.

At one time people like you said the same thing about Colin Powell. ............. :lol:
What a useless and stupid retort.

Nope, it's an accurate observation.

In all seriousness

Other than the fact that he criticized President Obama

What are the qualifications of Dr Carson?

In all seriousness

Other than the fact that he criticized President Obama

What are the qualifications of Dr Carson?
heres the thing....he didnt criticize obama any more than he crticized the republicans

As expected, the radical Far RWers in here are doing the opposite of what Dr. Ben Carson said, attacking the others side just because.

You people just don't learn...do you?

*SMH*

Watchu mean by 'you people'?

I'm trying to think of a way they would attack this man.

They can't attack him for being "stupid".

They can't attack him for being a "racist". Maybe an uncle Tom at best.

They can't attack him for being a rich business man etc.

He has a movie made about him called, "Gifted Hands". In it we see Ben Carsen trying to become a Navy Seal as people try to discourage him from becoming the first Black Navy Seal. The man has already been to hell and back so what could they possibly do to him to discourage him from running?

Two things ringed true with me during his speech. One is that education is the key to liberty. If so, the success of our public schools would indicate that our freedom is in jeapardy. Secondly, lawyers now run everything and all they know is "winning".

My only question is, are our children kept "stupid" on purpose?
Why not? Just because the Right says he is intelligent? He has appeared on Pat Robertson's 700 Liars Club many times. Nobody intelligent would ever do that!

He has already admitted that as a modern college graduate he could not pass a 6th grade certification test from the 1800s because education has been dumbed down by the time he went to college. How does that make him an intellectual.

And you do know he wrote the self-serving "Gifted Hands" himself!
Dr. Carson is no dummy.

I'm a bit flabberghasted that he's on the RW circuit, but I won't bash the man for an instant.

I'm gonna chalk it up as being caught up in the RW adulation.

Fame is fame.

It is not that you won't bash the man, it is that you can't bash the man. However, if an Right Winger praises Ben Carson and bashes the President, son of a white woman, how does that make a Right Winger a RACIST?

Why not? Just because the Right says he is intelligent? He has appeared on Pat Robertson's 700 Liars Club many times. Nobody intelligent would ever do that!

He has already admitted that as a modern college graduate he could not pass a 6th grade certification test from the 1800s because education has been dumbed down by the time he went to college. How does that make him an intellectual.

And you do know he wrote the self-serving "Gifted Hands" himself!
Dr. Carson is no dummy.

I'm a bit flabberghasted that he's on the RW circuit, but I won't bash the man for an instant.

Fame is fame.

It is not that you won't bash the man, it is that you can't bash the man. However, if an Right Winger praises Ben Carson and bashes the President, son of a white woman, how does that make a Right Winger a RACIST?
It's both.

“What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other,” Carson said on “This Week.” “I mean, it’s unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn’t agree with them, they’re this and they’re that and, you know — it comes from both sides. And it’s just so infantile.”

Dr. Ben Carson for President? ?I?ll Leave That Up to God? - ABC News

The above quote, though obvious, still should hit home with a lot of us.

He could be an intellectual black candidate. It would be refreshing and interesting.

Worth a try..

But Republicans will never vote for a black man

If you check voting records, you will find that many Republicans voted for Colin Powell (LOL), Allen West, Herman Cain. Clearly, Republicans voted for a black man.

Dr. Carson is no dummy.

Fame is fame.

It's both.

Lacking substance and no form.

Forum List

Back