Dr Drew got his ass handed to him today

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Dr, Drew says the problem with homelessness isn't homes, it's mental health treatment. He's probably right about that, BUT...

I seriously doubt a homeless person hands someone a "voucher" then suddenly receives a place to live.

From what I see the voucher program is just a supplement, the person still has to get a job etc.

Today a homeless woman called his show,

Homeless Woman : "So what are you saying? everyone homeless is a drug addict?"

Dr. Drew "um...no"

Homeless Woman : "So what are you saying? everyone homeless has mental issues?"

Dr. Drew "well...no"

Homeless Woman : "I saw some small condos and I asked the social worker if they could help get into one and I've been the waiting list for 3 years. The social worker finally admitted to me they don't start the process unless the person completes a detox program or can prove they are handicapped"

"Most people in my homeless camp aren't doing drugs"

Dr. Drew asked for the name of the social worker and is going to call them directly.

Dr. Drew says " I guarantee there's more to the story" ...which translates into, he's going to believe what ever BS excuse they give him.

He may be a good doctor but he's a stupid ass when it comes to politics

Coming from a relatively not so rich country...I was appalled at the amount of homeless in the US.
Why certain poor countries don't have this issue...It's compassion. If one is mentally ill, has addiction or economical issues family will harbor him and support him as long as it takes. Is culturall and religiously driven.

If no one in that homeless camp is doing drugs, going through detox should be a breeze.

Homeless does not automatically mean mental or addict. Homeless is a catch phrase for POOR.

Who rents? Or has rented recently? Newsflash...you have to pay 30 bucks for a credit check. Then you have to make AT LEAST 3 times the amount of the rent asked. So if you want to rent an apartment for 1000 bucks a month (good luck with that), that means you have to make 3000 per month. Plus pay the deposit, which is usually equal the same as the first months rent. Some want first and last months rent PLUS the deposit. After that, you have to pay deposits on utilities, cable, internet before they will even be turned on. AND..if you are even approved for that apartment, many landlords don't even bother because after getting 4 applications per day, at 30 bucks per app, multiply that by 30 days and see what it comes to. Why bother to rent it when they can get money just by running apps by desperate people?

Oh, I know their games.

And y'all wonder why there are so many living in tent cities. :bang3:

Dr, Drew says the problem with homelessness isn't homes, it's mental health treatment. He's probably right about that, BUT...

I seriously doubt a homeless person hands someone a "voucher" then suddenly receives a place to live.

From what I see the voucher program is just a supplement, the person still has to get a job etc.

Dr. Drew "um...no"

Dr. Drew "well...no"

Homeless Woman : "I saw some small condos and I asked the social worker if they could help get into one and I've been the waiting list for 3 years. The social worker finally admitted to me they don't start the process unless the person completes a detox program or can prove they are handicapped"

Dr. Drew asked for the name of the social worker and is going to call them directly.

Dr. Drew says " I guarantee there's more to the story" ...which translates into, he's going to believe what ever BS excuse they give him.

so where was this homeless person calling from, her grocery buggy ?

or a pay phone on a corner costing her money she didnt have?

fake caller story id ...

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Dr. Drew "um...no"

Dr. Drew "well...no"

Why have we never seen anyone walk into a homeless camp with 50 jobs and say "if you want to work and get your life back we have 50 full time permanent jobs available".

All you EVER see are the other 1,000 'reasons' people are homeless. It's like this society is always looking through the glass at an animal shelter and forever saying "oh, that's too bad. And then walking on."

Drew is right , I’d say MOST homelessness is because of mental issues /drugs . Not 100% , but I’d guess like 80.

Drew is right , I’d say MOST homelessness is because of mental issues /drugs . Not 100% , but I’d guess like 80.

Some,

But I'd say the majority is the reality that rent + food + healthcare is so fucking expensive that they simply can't keep up with it. We live in a country that destroys peoples lives over the slightest fucking thing.

We should ban homeless (sleeping on a sidewalk, etc.) and provide housing for everyone (in long-term care facilities for those who can't find other housing).

Forum List

Back