Draining Illinois

Go where?

Indiana is the only surrounding state that has a lower income tax rate.

Unfortunately, what Illinois lacks in high-end income taxes, it makes up for in sky-high property taxes.

Hey... maybe becoming a dumb-ass Hoosier isn't such a dumb idea, after all.

Come to Texas baby! We got room for y'all!

In recent years Illinois leads the nation in people leaving vs people entering, and businesses too. And in the % higher income earners leaving vs lower income earners coming in. Who in their right mind would want to start a business in Illinois? I would bet the rent that by this time next year we'll find out that Illinois isn't going to get nearly the amount of additional revenue they said they would from this tax increase, but the amount of unpaid bills will increase and so will the amount of unfunded pension liabilities. This isn't the only state with fiscal issues and not all of them are blue states either, but raising taxes without spending reductions does not work.
Personally... I would take off in a heartbeat, if it wasn't for so many close and extended family hereabouts.

And... yeah... I suspect you're right about our projected revenues... this place is pretty much screwed.

About the only way out of it would probably be to jettison the City of Chicago and let it form its own State [ or frontier territory, if you go to its West or South Sides ].

The place is a cosmic Black Hole for sucking-in money.

You would have to be a complete sucker to stay. Life's purpose, let some idiot politician take your money. No thanks...
You may be right... unless you've got a great deal of both close and extended family living there... in which case, leaving can be a little tough, eh?

Do you have a family of suckers? How did you let that happen?
Cute... both sides of the family have been in the metro Chicago area since the 1870s.

Go where?

Unfortunately, what Illinois lacks in high-end income taxes, it makes up for in sky-high property taxes.

Dumb ass Hoosiers are laughing at Illinois
Agreed... which is why I speculated that maybe it wasn't such a dumb idea after all, eh?

Go where?

Agreed... which is why I speculated that maybe it wasn't such a dumb idea after all, eh?

It won't solve Illinois's woes, it's a band aid

Uless they cut spending they're doomed

Go where?

It won't solve Illinois's woes, it's a band aid

Uless they cut spending they're doomed
Yep... individual residents or businesses moving across the state line to Indiana won't solve Illinois' problems.

Yep... if they don't cut spending, they're doomed.

Dems are in charge of everything but the Governor's Mansion.

That means they don't understand the concept of cutting spending, in real-world practice, to any substantive extent, sufficient to pull themselves out of their deep hole.

That means they're doomed.

Go where?

Come to Texas baby! We got room for y'all!

In recent years Illinois leads the nation in people leaving vs people entering, and businesses too. And in the % higher income earners leaving vs lower income earners coming in. Who in their right mind would want to start a business in Illinois? I would bet the rent that by this time next year we'll find out that Illinois isn't going to get nearly the amount of additional revenue they said they would from this tax increase, but the amount of unpaid bills will increase and so will the amount of unfunded pension liabilities. This isn't the only state with fiscal issues and not all of them are blue states either, but raising taxes without spending reductions does not work.
Yeah, but it's Texass....

Forum List

Back