Drugged, raped woman told to 'forgive her attacker'

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Womans outrage after judge tells her to move on from husband raping her | Mail Online

An Indianapolis woman is outraged after her husband, who was sentenced Friday for drugging then raping her as she slept in her own bed, received no jail time.

Even more infuriating for Mandy Boardman were the words of Marion Superior Judge Kurt Eisgruber as he handed down a suspended prison sentence and eight years home detention.

'The judge looked at me before he gave the final decision,' Boardman told the IndyStar. 'I was told that I needed to forgive my attacker and move on.'

A jury convicted Wise last month of one count of rape and five counts of criminal deviate conduct — all felonies punishable by six to 20 years in prison.

Boardman testified that in 2008 she found three sex videos of her on Wise’s cellphone but didn’t remember the sex or consenting to the videos. She said she once woke up with a pill dissolving in her mouth.

Depraved: David Wise drugged and raped his wife in her own bed and was found out when she found videos of the attacks on his cell phone

Boardman, who was married to Wise for 12 years until their 2009 divorce, said she made a DVD copy of the videos and went to police with them in 2011.

This woman is apparently consumed with rage and hate over three (or more) attacks that did her no physical harm and that she did not even remember.

Forgiveness is an individual thing and nobody can be told to forgive someone else for anything, but it does sound to me like this woman needs to get on with her life.

How long did she have the videos before she took them to the police? Divorced in 2009, gave cops videos in 2011, sounds like vindictiveness.

This woman is apparently consumed with rage and hate over three (or more) attacks that did her no physical harm and that she did not even remember.

Forgiveness is an individual thing and nobody can be told to forgive someone else for anything, but it does sound to me like this woman needs to get on with her life.

Why shouldn't she be consumed with rage? Sex is supposed to be consensual. Clearly this was not. She has a valid point.

All rape counselors tell the victim to forgive the attacker. Otherwise, the victims simply are driven insane by the force of their own hate. Personally I'm not much in the forgiveness department. Revenge is so much better. But, the court system does not incorporate revenge into the system.

Her husband has previous misdemeanor convictions for intoxication, public indecency and battery. She was married to him for 12 years so she must have known of the acts that led to these convictions and bears some responsibility for what happened to her. She said she once woke up with a pill dissolving in her mouth. After that what did she do? Apparently nothing until she saw the videos on her husband's cell phone. Was she angry at having had unknowing sex or that the acts were in video on her husband's cell phone?

I can understand being consumed by rage at the violation. But if she wants healing she needs to forgive and move on. Holding on to the anger and rage is only going to hurt her and keep giving him power over her.

However, what is the justice in this case? The man should be doing time. You don't treat any woman like this and you sure as heck don't do it to your wife. If a man is willing to do this to his own wife, he needs to be locked up just to protect the rest of society.

Judges have zero liability for any of there miscarrying of justice or choices they make (unless there was bribery or fraud involved). All too often judges ignore the law and legislate or make decisions in contradiction to the law for whatever they please. There have immunity a civil lawsuit and any criminal prosecution. They get free reign to make horrendous and contradictory decisions. Attorney (defense or prosecutors) are open to criminal and ethic violations for being incompetent, making careless errors or miscarrying of justice. Hence see the Duke LaCrosse prosecutor!

I am not for civil liability, but I think an AG, special prosecutor etc should be able to bring ethics sanctions or criminal charges if the judge clearly violated the law on the books!

WOW you are a really asshole! She was raped and it doesn't matter (at least in this case) that it was her husband. She was violated and it was taped. She is emotionally scarred and won't be as trusting of others. Her pain is real and only an asshole would make a comment like that.

Who are you to tell her to get on with it.

Judges have zero liability for any of there miscarrying of justice or choices they make (unless there was bribery or fraud involved). All too often judges ignore the law and legislate or make decisions in contradiction to the law for whatever they please. There have immunity a civil lawsuit and any criminal prosecution. They get free reign to make horrendous and contradictory decisions. Attorney (defense or prosecutors) are open to criminal and ethic violations for being incompetent, making careless errors or miscarrying of justice. Hence see the Duke LaCrosse prosecutor!

I am not for civil liability, but I think an AG, special prosecutor etc should be able to bring ethics sanctions or criminal charges if the judge clearly violated the law on the books!

A judge in Santa Clara just released a serial rapist. The last time a judge felt sorry for the man after raping 32 women was in 1979 when he was released and went on to rape 15 more women.

Judges seem to have a sympathy bump for rapists.

So they were married at the time ? Were they separated ? I'm trying to figure out why he would do such a thing, if they were already having a normal married couple's sexual relationship ?

Just wondering what the timeline here was.
Were they estranged, and he returned to drug and rape her in a violent rage ?
Were they a couple, and he was in to some sort of kinky shit, that led him to do something like this ?

I'm trying to understand why the judge would rule in this manner.
If they were still together, the judge may have viewed the deed in a much different light than if the "husband" was no longer part of the household.

Some of the comments here are disturbing.

I don't care if you're married to a woman. You don't drug her and then rape her. Forced sex without consent is rape. You don't do that. I'd rather our society put down rapists, to be frank.

The man should have been castrated, or at least served jail time. Let's have some sympathy for the victim, alright?

He was sentenced to eight years home detention. If she ever encounters him again, it will be because she initiated it.

He certainly deserves punishment because of these felonies and she has a right to be angry about it. Then move on.

WOW you are a really asshole! She was raped and it doesn't matter (at least in this case) that it was her husband. She was violated and it was taped. She is emotionally scarred and won't be as trusting of others. Her pain is real and only an asshole would make a comment like that.

Who are you to tell her to get on with it.

She is just going to have to get on with it. If she carts this around for very long it will only hurt her. She was raped while she was asleep by her husband. Hardly a traumatic experience. As far as trusting others, why would she be trusting anyone? While her pain is real it likely got a lot more painful in 2011 when she decided to get a divorce than it was in 2009 when it happened .

Forum List

Back