Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I don't hang out with people who get drunk

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Fun to make fun of

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Most of mine are rather good.. except when I had to take a breathalyzer on St. Patrick's Day in Washington DC... still have no clue how I passed that one.........
...maybe your personality and good looks?

Not sure about the personality part, I was drunk.... I was all but 105 lbs so I think the guy took pity on me and figured I would not survive a DC jail!

maybe instead of questioning everyone else...constantly...you should go take care of yourself. ya think?

really. you want to go there?... who am I questioning? It's a challenge and a legitimate one at that....

You are drunk on here quite a bit (or say you are) and questioned everything from christianity to personal toileting issues. :itsok:

its just a suggestion. self reflection is good

Interesting I have never head from you, yet, you seem to know a lot about me.. hmmm.

People who drink to excess are those who have no self-respect and need crutches to get through life.

(I was one)

My foster father was a nasty drunk whom I had absolutely no respect for. My third wife, an RN trained and experienced in helping rehab drug addicts and alcoholics was one and I dumped her the moment I discovered it

So, if I have no respect for drunks, why do I support the continued legal sale of alcohol? And drugs in general?

We learned from Prohibition that making certain things illegal only creates organized crime and drug cartels. Legalize them and they have no more reason to exist.

they could be in situations they can't get out of.. you should not presume........

I've been in a whole lot of "situations" I couldn't get out of and fleeing to the bottle never did anything but get me in deeper.

Suck it up. Face the truth. And drag yourself out of the slime.

Interesting I have never head from you, yet, you seem to know a lot about me.. hmmm.
She is just watching... actually quite nice in saying : "carry on.." hmmm.. I was afraid she was going to say..."NO!!!! I feel neglected!!!"

how do you feel about them?
What makes a person a drunk?
What is the different between a drunk and an alcoholic?
I avoid conversations with those who have had too much to drink whether it be alcohol or caffeine. Any central nervous stimulant changes their behavior and they become less interesting to me.

I don't know the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic. Probably the latter is just a kind and gentler way of describing the former?

Alkie and drunk used to mean the same but we are told now that alcoholism is a disease and if you are an alkie you are one for life. Which is an overstatement. So you could be considered an alkie and never get drunk anymore. I don't agree that it's a disease but some people can't stop once they start so it may seem that way.

Alcohol lowers inhibitions so it depends on the person if they are any fun to be with. Some guys go from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde. Some guys are funny. Some you can't tell until they pass out. Others get drunk quick but are still going strong at 2am.

I really dislike it when something is categorized a disease when it is a choice. Cancer is a disease, MS is a disease, RA is a disease. Drinking is a choice. It may lead to a disease like cirrhosis of the liver or other organ malfunction but being a lush IS NOT a disease

I avoid conversations with those who have had too much to drink whether it be alcohol or caffeine. Any central nervous stimulant changes their behavior and they become less interesting to me.

I don't know the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic. Probably the latter is just a kind and gentler way of describing the former?

But at the end of this speech you use the citation of Churchill, who was a real alcoholic, and didn't afraid any kind of drunk :)

I really dislike it when something is categorized a disease when it is a choice. Cancer is a disease, MS is a disease, RA is a disease. Drinking is a choice. It may lead to a disease like cirrhosis of the liver or other organ malfunction but being a lush IS NOT a disease
Amen to this. You don't have anything to put a stop to later on in life if you don't get started in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

But at the end of this speech you use the citation of Churchill, who was a real alcoholic, and didn't afraid any kind of drunk :)
Hey there! Long time no see!!!!! :beer:

Forum List

Back