Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Fun to make fun of

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
how do you feel about them?
What makes a person a drunk?
What is the different between a drunk and an alcoholic?

My dad was an alcoholic, and it took his life. It is a poison. You are poisoning yourself slowly. My father died a slow painful death.

It's sad, but every poison - is just a cure from something. 90% of men's alcoholism - a react for permanent women's agression in families. Every morning alcohol brings a pain, so usually people need another source of pain to overcome it and start to kill themselves.

My dad was an alcoholic, and it took his life. It is a poison. You are poisoning yourself slowly. My father died a slow painful death.

It's sad, but every poison - is just a cure from something. 90% of men's alcoholism - just a react for permanent women's agression in families. Every morning alcohol brings a pain, so usually people need another source of pain to overcome it and start to kill themselves.

My dad started drinking as a teenager. My grandmother is the sweetest and most demure woman you would ever meet, so that is definitely not the case. She doesn't even swear. Lol. When she is angry, she says, I could just spit! Lol. Well, she's actually in a nursing home now. :( Her memory is really gone.

My dad drank because he liked it. It's as simple as that. He was addicted to it too. He would have DTs if he tried to quit without a doctor's supervision.

It's sad, but every poison - is just a cure from something. 90% of men's alcoholism - just a react for permanent women's agression in families. Every morning alcohol brings a pain, so usually people need another source of pain to overcome it and start to kill themselves.

My dad started drinking as a teenager. My grandmother is the sweetest and most demure woman you would ever meet, so that is definitely not the case. She doesn't even swear. Lol. When she is angry, she says, I could just spit! Lol. Well, she's actually in a nursing home now. :( Her memory is really gone.

My dad drank because he liked it. It's as simple as that. He was addicted to it too. He would have DTs if he tried to quit without a doctor's supervision.

My dad, step dad and Grandfather all were addicted to it but, functional - but at least 6 beers every day for all of them and Dad had an affinity for Wild Turkey as well.

My dad, step dad and Grandfather all were addicted to it but, functional - but at least 6 beers every day for all of them and Dad had an affinity for Wild Turkey as well.

My dad was functional too. He worked, he paid bills, he maintained a marriage for many years. After years of drinking, do you think it doesn't take it's toll on your health? Well, let me be the one to tell you that it does, and if you think it will not, then you are in denial. The alcohol will eat away at your brain and body.

Six beers a day isn't anything. My dad could kill at least a 12 pack by himself. He was a very severe alcoholic. He would drink from the time he woke up in the morning until the time he went to bed at night. In fact, I rarely remember seeing him drink anything else besides beer.

Oh, and so nobody gets the wrong idea, my dad was never a violent drunk. He was never abusive. He could drink all day and maintain control over himself and his emotions. Pretty incredible actually. The only way I could tell he was drunk was when he would stand still, I could notice him swaying ever so slightly. The man could drink pretty much anyone under the table.

I'm not totally against drinking where I want it banned or anything, just to be clear. I'm more talking about people who have a problem. Maybe they realize it, maybe they don't. You'd be surprised how much in denial people can be about these things. I have some drinks myself occasionally. I'm more talking about the people who drink all the time, every day. Some people are so bad that they can't even start their day without a drink. It's like coffee to them. That is incredibly unhealthy for anyone, I don't care who you are!

Also, it makes people act like complete tards most times. Personally, I don't like drinking much because I don't like to be "out of control" of myself. I don't like that at all.

I'm not totally against drinking where I want it banned or anything, just to be clear. I'm more talking about people who have a problem. Maybe they realize it, maybe they don't. You'd be surprised how much in denial people can be about these things. I have some drinks myself occasionally. I'm more talking about the people who drink all the time, every day. Some people are so bad that they can't even start their day without a drink. It's like coffee to them. That is incredibly unhealthy for anyone, I don't care who you are!

Also, it makes people act like complete tards most times. Personally, I don't like drinking much because I don't like to be "out of control" of myself. I don't like that at all.
..OK...(I just pulled a Sonny on you)

My dad was functional too. He worked, he paid bills, he maintained a marriage for many years. After years of drinking, do you think it doesn't take it's toll on your health? Well, let me be the one to tell you that it does, and if you think it will not, then you are in denial. The alcohol will eat away at your brain and body.

I believe it. I really don't drink that much, but when I do, it's Dos Equis <ok, kidding... it's Pinot Grigio)

It's much better to have one day a week (friday evening, or saturday), when you drink for all week, fall to the ground, make crazy things and full relax... :)

Beer every day - is a student's life, but combine it with normal work is so hard :((

It's much better to have one day a week (friday evening, or saturday), when you drink for all week, fall to the ground, make crazy things and full relax... :)

Beer every day - is a student's life, but combine it with normal work is so hard :((

seriously... we need to get married (wait, I'm married already....)

It's much better not to drink at all, really.

... but sometimes... you just gotta...

Not me! :)

That's great Chris. I'm glad your life is good and you don't need that crutch -

That's because of your life without adventures! :)

Last saturday I was at open-air in forest - it was great, with a lot of beer and live music. Then night was so cold, with a steam from mouth. And how can I reject to drink at morning in this case, even if beer and vodka had ended? We've found a bottle of pure spirit and mixed it with water in caps by spoons, like coffee, right before drink :) That's an adventure, I'd like to remember at elder times :)))

Forum List

Back