'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Sometimes I don't know why I bother trying. The back and forth in this thread is a prime example of what my message speaks about, it proves my point precisely. I try for the faith that there are people out there able to resist the urge to cease being a team player, but a free thinker.

Last edited:
I completely disagree with this statement. Democrats have not "co-opted" these people. But these people are extremely wary of the republican party because there is an open belief amongst republicans that these people's cultures are eroding and damaging this country. That's a big turn off and, in my opinion, the major obstacle facing the GOP in attracting minority votes.

I'm not saying republicans are racist at all. That's a completely separate idea.

Yes they have, otherwise they would tell the truth on them being the party of NO in the Civil Rights act of 1964.

When is the DNC and their programmed minions going to own up to it?

The DNC media combined with the far left take over of the public school system is not helping matters.

I've never heard a single Democrat deny that southern conservative Democrats voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Can you name whoever you're talking about?

And the far left propaganda continues.

I think some of you are missing the point of my message, while some of you are absolutely on point. The fact there are those of you that you see each other as an enemy or ally, friend or foe, is proof positive that freedom of opinion no longer exists.

No. I think that depends on WHY we see each other that way. I see people as friend or foe based on how much thought they apply to the positions they hold. I have no more patience with someone who has stumbled into agreeing with me and has no idea how to explain WHY they believe that way than I do with someone who's disagreeing with me and can't articulate THAT position.

Admittedly, I tend to find more mindless kneejerks on the left than I do on the right, but I am saddened to report how much more common it's becoming across the board.

I disagree, Templar. Thoughts (which is what opinions are) are the only things we truly own and control in our lives, and minus advanced, intensive brainwashing techniques, no one can "program" us to think anything.

I think it's the individuals who are to blame. People are lazy, and it's so damned easy to just kneejerk to a fast, easy answer without thinking it through that dogma becomes really appealing.

Do political parties take advantage of this human tendency? Sure. Are they responsible for creating it? Nope.

Our political parties take advantage of the "your team, my team" mentality. It isn't about facts, but about who is and who isn't on your team. Free thought goes right out of the window. Are they responsible for creating thought? No, but they are quite capable of influencing it. Thus where I get the notion that people are 'programmed' into supporting one side over another. The cognitive dissonance both parties encourage is quite serious. The absence of free thought is almost nowhere to be seen. While we do own our thoughts, we are capable of allowing who and what may influence them or occupy them.

Religion also brainwashes people, you can't deny that fact, yet you are religious.

Just like how the far left posters blaze into a thread and spout far left religious propaganda about anything that they perceive to be to the right of them.

If I vote republican does not mean I have given up my fucking personal opinions. Only idiots who think they are independents think this. Get the fuck over yourself.

This is a funny thread. President Obama is barely center left. The ACA is basically the health care plan of Romney and the Heritage Foundation. Yet now they label it Communistic. That is how far to the right that the GOP has moved. The GOP lost the minorities because they adapted a 21st Century version of the southern strategy. The racist and often putrid references to the Hispanic community of the type we have seen on this board and even repeated by some in the official GOP have turned off a community that is normally fairly conservative.

Ignoring the demographics of the US Citizens is a sure fire way to end up short at the ballot box.

This post is funny. Actually, Obamacare derives its roots from Hillarycare, or what was known as the Health Security Act of 1993. This was going on way before Romney stepped foot in the governor's office. And yes, as with Obamacare, it is redistributionist. I find it quite ironic that liberals like you are now trashing the ACA, after blindly supporting it before. What happened?

At any rate, if the Republicans were ignoring minorities, why are you guys exploiting them? You appeal their emotional side, not their rational side. Why do you continue to play the race card when none of your other ideals appeal to the American people? Last time I checked, Old Rocks, Republican speechwriters don't look to a random political messageboard for their material.

A path to citizenship is appealing to 'emotions?' This is why I sometimes really can't take you seriously.

there is already a path to citizenship. it is called current immigration law.

If I vote republican does not mean I have given up my fucking personal opinions. Only idiots who think they are independents think this. Get the fuck over yourself.

No! And that is the difference. Many that are registered as (R)'s will still speak out against their own, it is rarity to see the far left do this.

This post is funny. Actually, Obamacare derives its roots from Hillarycare, or what was known as the Health Security Act of 1993. This was going on way before Romney stepped foot in the governor's office. And yes, as with Obamacare, it is redistributionist. I find it quite ironic that liberals like you are now trashing the ACA, after blindly supporting it before. What happened?

At any rate, if the Republicans were ignoring minorities, why are you guys exploiting them? You appeal their emotional side, not their rational side. Why do you continue to play the race card when none of your other ideals appeal to the American people? Last time I checked, Old Rocks, Republican speechwriters don't look to a random political messageboard for their material.

A path to citizenship is appealing to 'emotions?' This is why I sometimes really can't take you seriously.

Why can we not just enforce the laws on the books?

What groups are preventing this?

I think some of you are missing the point of my message, while some of you are absolutely on point. The fact there are those of you that you see each other as an enemy or ally, friend or foe, is proof positive that freedom of opinion no longer exists.

Not even close. It is quite possible to evaluate democrats as an enemy independently by independent observation and evaluation of facts and events.

And from your abilities at that element of evaluation shows that your bias over rules your judgement capability.

How did I get that bias? I used to be a democrat. My parents were new deal democrats. I was raised in abject poverty and should be the first to embrace democrat redistribution policies. I recognized how destructive democrat policies are, and a bias grew from that. Now I have a bias.

Both. Neither wants to do anything to secure the border. But THIS IS OFF TOPIC.

:eusa_hand:

Did I say anything about who you should vote for? Where in my OP did I make such an insinuation?

leftard brainwashing machine.
'to distract people from the REAL issues - how the policies of the last 5 years almost killed the economy, are killing jobs and are increasing the economic misery of the middle class, while enriching the masters of the dimocraps - the 1%

Hey now, both sides are guilty of this. People on both sides are being programmed by their parties to think one way or another.

I disagree, Templar. Thoughts (which is what opinions are) are the only things we truly own and control in our lives, and minus advanced, intensive brainwashing techniques, no one can "program" us to think anything.

I think it's the individuals who are to blame. People are lazy, and it's so damned easy to just kneejerk to a fast, easy answer without thinking it through that dogma becomes really appealing.

Do political parties take advantage of this human tendency? Sure. Are they responsible for creating it? Nope.

Our political parties take advantage of the "your team, my team" mentality. It isn't about facts, but about who is and who isn't on your team. Free thought goes right out of the window. Are they responsible for creating thought? No, but they are quite capable of influencing it. Thus where I get the notion that people are 'programmed' into supporting one side over another. The cognitive dissonance both parties encourage is quite serious. The absence of free thought is almost nowhere to be seen. While we do own our thoughts, we are capable of allowing who and what may influence them or occupy them.

Well, I hate to say it, Templar, but I view the "Parties are evil! Get rid of parties to fix things!" as just another kneejerk, don't-need-to-think dogma. Parties are not the problem, nor will it ever be possible to excise from human nature the tendency to choose up sides and form teams. The solution, if there is one, must be at the individual level.

And you all want to know why I left the Republican Party? ^^^ ;)
You left because they didn't vote how you wanted and like a bitch you went home and cried that they just were not being nice to you! What is it with you people today? How fucking stupid are you to think if you vote for a democrat or republican you gave up your personal opinion? Guess what in the adult world you dont always get what you want. I sure as hell didnt want the weak will pussies in the republican leadership we have now. But I sure as fuck didnt take my ball home and cry because I seem to have lost that battle. No instead like adult I rolled with the punches and fought back like I am. Nothing is given to you. You also dont make changes at national level you do that at local. We are the united STATES of America meaning we are a collection of many governments not just one monolithic monster.

No! And that is the difference. Many that are registered as (R)'s will still speak out against their own, it is rarity to see the far left do this.

Where does it look like I was arguing with you on that point?

Did I say anything about who you should vote for? Where in my OP did I make such an insinuation?

Really? The fact that you said being a republican means giving up your freedom of opinion does that!

So. From one sentence that is from an intro paragraph. you try to explain your myopic feeble attempt at writing a serious epitaph of your one horse town mind espousing your epiphany?

Why waste digital space and just re post or bump one of your other tired threads that you attempt to cement your id and ego upon us? You must have a bounty of free time in your attempts to post your tired redundant reiteration rhetoric you so bore us with.

Me thinks your time may be better spent.

I don't have time for your trash. Negged.

Ty for negging me for my opinion, those things you say do not exist.

You're welcome. And when you get around to addressing the full body of my OP, let me know. Attacking my character is not an opinion, it is self projection on your part, Moonie. I will be the judge of what I do with my time, not you.

Really? The fact that you said being a republican means giving up your freedom of opinion does that!

That is not at all what I said! Be a Republican, I don't care, thanatos. What I would hope you did was know where your limits are, when free thought is being subjugated by party politics!

Come on. Only two or three people chose to post thoughtfully. Fine, I take it as a badge of honor that it this thread struck so many nerves. Such responses from both sides are indicative of a guilty conscience.

Last edited:

Where does it look like I was arguing with you on that point?

You are being rather combative actually.

Forum List

Back