DUH!!..69% Say Those Struggling With Mortgage Should Sell, Buy Cheaper Home

Rental's check credit as well. They also charge deposits and extra rent. When you have three kids it's hard to find something that in this situation is affordable.

Utter bullshit. It may be hard to find something that's affordable and desirable but no one is entitled to any particular standard of living. If you earn enough to have bought a home with a mortgage, you can rent. Move where you can afford to live, just like everyone throughout history has done.

Did I not point out that these folks were in this predicament because a very good job was lost? I think I did. That puts a dent into someones income. Now they also would have a foreclosure and a bankruptcy plus the added attraction of a lower income and the added debt of selling a home for less than the amount owed. Seems like everyone on this board thinks that everyone is in that top two percent of earners. They are not. How many millions do you make every year. I am impressed so many of you top two percenters post on USMB.

It's odd but I've found over the years that usually on political message boards those who are the most hardcore "conservatives" IE those who espouse "fuck everyone who can't take care of themselves" are usually themselves deadbeats who are living off of others, and feel guilty about it and thus espouse such harsh opinions on an anonymous message board.

LOL

First of all, I don't advocate giving anyone any money. I advocate laws which prevent banks from foreclosing on people who are making an honest effort, including laws setting affordable payments.

Second of all, once paid those taxes are no longer your money. No different than when you spend money at Wal Mart, that money is no longer yours. Well, slightly different in that you are able to elect leaders who spend that money, but under our government you do not have a direct say in how those dollars are spent.

Okay then, please point to an enumerated power in the Constitution that requires the federal government to "prevent banks from foreclosing on people who are making an honest effort".

That isn't what I said either friend. Although I DO think I could make a case that preventing thousands of people from being foreclosed on is in the best interest of the welfare of this nation.

NOT what you said? I copied and pasted your exact words for christsake! Whatever.

Okay then, please point to an enumerated power in the Constitution that requires the federal government to "prevent banks from foreclosing on people who are making an honest effort".

That isn't what I said either friend. Although I DO think I could make a case that preventing thousands of people from being foreclosed on is in the best interest of the welfare of this nation.

NOT what you said? I copied and pasted your exact words for christsake! Whatever.

Indeed , but I did NOT say that anything in the COTUS empowered the government to do so, I merely said they had other duties besides the two you listed.

Utter bullshit. It may be hard to find something that's affordable and desirable but no one is entitled to any particular standard of living. If you earn enough to have bought a home with a mortgage, you can rent. Move where you can afford to live, just like everyone throughout history has done.

Did I not point out that these folks were in this predicament because a very good job was lost? I think I did. That puts a dent into someones income. Now they also would have a foreclosure and a bankruptcy plus the added attraction of a lower income and the added debt of selling a home for less than the amount owed. Seems like everyone on this board thinks that everyone is in that top two percent of earners. They are not. How many millions do you make every year. I am impressed so many of you top two percenters post on USMB.

It's odd but I've found over the years that usually on political message boards those who are the most hardcore "conservatives" IE those who espouse "fuck everyone who can't take care of themselves" are usually themselves deadbeats who are living off of others, and feel guilty about it and thus espouse such harsh opinions on an anonymous message board.

LOL

"Usually", I doubt it, but definitely not in my case. I've NEVER lived off others in any way since I left my parents home at 17.

Name a single major U.S. investment bank that did not receive a "bailout" and that did not fail.

Thanks.

"All the banks were not going to fail. " Famous last words. Do you know how banking works? The money in your checking account mostly isn't really there. Its merely a promise to repay you money on demand, and most of it has been loaned out. If the folks the money is loaned to can't pay it back - and the FDIC runs out of funds - then you just lose your money, plain and simple.

None of the banks failed except Goldman. So what?

Goldman did not fail. It received a bailout. ALL major U.S. investment banks got bailed out - except Lehman, which failed. Many depository institutions also received funds.

Not all bank loans are real estate loans. Not all real estate loans are residential loans. Not all residential loans went bad.
Other than not knowing what the hell you're talking about, is there a point you're trying to make here?
A highly leveraged company doesn't need all of its loans to go bad to go belly up.

here's a list of TARP companies
Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you can't figure out how bad it would have been for all those major financial companies to fail nearly simultaneously, then you're just stupid. You'll also note that nearly ALL companies receiving tarp funds have paid them back.
You're assuming they would have failed without gov't loans. The truth is that once cheap gov't loans became available they were all taking them. And sometimes the gov't forced them to.
But you can't remember what you ate for lunch yesterday. You're not going to remember that.

Indeed , but I did NOT say that anything in the COTUS empowered the government to do so, I merely said they had other duties besides the two you listed.

Yes, there are more than two enumerated powers, none of which require prevention of banks from foreclosing on people who are making an honest effort. Sorry, it ain't there.

LOL

"Usually", I doubt it, but definitely not in my case. I've NEVER lived off others in any way since I left my parents home at 17.

Meh, it's the internet, I made my first trillion by the time I was 15.

Seriously, you know as well as I do that what I said is true. Many , many people online are exactly what they claim to hate.

The banking industry is mostly to blame for the boom and consequent drop in home values.

No, it isn't. The Fed is largely to blame.

The Federal Reserve has hardly anything to do with it. The housing boom and consequent bust was caused by mostly by greedy loan agents and to a lesser extent, stupid real estate agents.

No, teh Fed keeping rates artificially low created false incentives for banks to make mortgage loans and package them as bonds.
You really are rather shallow, aren't you?

So everyone who is underwater made a bad decision?

Only if they're trying to sell a home for less than it's worth of if they are unable to make the payments. For those, it was clearly a bad decision. Regarding "everyone", I don't know, don't care. Not my problem. It's between the bank and the borrower.

That about sums it up. When talking about reality, instead of facing facts "you don't know and you don't care".

Life must me so easy when you can ignore whats really going on and pretend it's not happening.

Oh Lordy, again, someone with absolutely no knowledge of the current situation in the housing market. Most of the homes that people can no longer afford because of one or both of the homeowners losing their jobs, cannot be sold for what is owed against them. So they will not be buying another home, they will be trying to find something cheap to rent.

The number of people going from homeowners to renters in this market is a sad reflection on who pays the price for the greed of the very wealthy.

bingo...

but you know, the shill is going to post what the shill feels like posting.

no matter how braindead

The banking industry is mostly to blame for the boom and consequent drop in home values.
Big fucking deal. Did they force you or anyone else to buy a house? You are responsible for your own life and decisions. It's a shame that so many people refuse to accept personal responsibility for their lives.

Why aren't loan agents responsible for their decisions?

Who should know more about home mortgages - loan agents, or ordinary joe?

Why should "loan agents" (loan officer is the English term. I dont know what language you speak) be responsible for borrowers' decisions? Why shouldn't borrowers be responsible for borrowers' decisions?

Only if they're trying to sell a home for less than it's worth of if they are unable to make the payments. For those, it was clearly a bad decision. Regarding "everyone", I don't know, don't care. Not my problem. It's between the bank and the borrower.

That about sums it up. When talking about reality, instead of facing facts "you don't know and you don't care".

Life must me so easy when you can ignore whats really going on and pretend it's not happening.

And when you look to others to bail out your ass, you don't know or care. At least I'm not forcing anything on anyone. Can't say that for the redistributionists.

LOL

It's no different here. It's amazing how many of them have collected food stamps, welfare, medicaid or unemployment but are sick of all those "deadbeats" out there on government assistance.

LOL

It's no different here. It's amazing how many of them have collected food stamps, welfare, medicaid or unemployment but are sick of all those "deadbeats" out there on government assistance.

Link?

you've never owned anything, have you?

let me explain how the real world works...

these people bought houses that had a certain value at the time they were purchased. if the houses weren't appraised for the purchase price or better, the bank wouldn't have given them the funding.

at some point thereafter, the value of the property dropped because of the crash in our financial system... precipitated in large part by the shenanigans of the banks. so now, the property is not worth what it was purchased for. yet, because interest is front-loaded, the amount which it would take to pay off a loan far exceeds the value of the property.

if they sell the property for less, they still have to pay off the loan. the bank will not allow them to sell off the security for the loan without paying the loan in full.

they do not HAVE the money to pay off the loan in full because the property is not worth the loan amount.

getting it now?

And when you look to others to bail out your ass, you don't know or care. At least I'm not forcing anything on anyone. Can't say that for the redistributionists.

Let me know when you're ready to discuss real world solutions to real world problems. "I don't know and I don't care" isn't going to cut it. Neither is a big FU to millions of responsible yet still troubled Americans.

LOL

Link?

What do I get if I post a link? Denial and/or insults I'm sure.

I use to link to the hypocrites in my signature but they cried and moaned. They're out there, believe me.

Forum List

Back