Zone1 Duopoly: An American Problem

I agree.

But the fact remains that other countries don’t have this same issue. So I’m trying to figure out why it’s a uniquely American problem.
We've been a polarized country since the Civil War. It's just how our politics evolved. You can wonder how great it would be if we had Switzerland's political structure but I'm saying that's never going to happen here. Focus on what we can fix within the context of what we have. There's plenty to do there obviously.

So your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your moms basement, got it.
I explained in detail why,,,

unless youre saying everything we see in the news thats well proven is still fake,,,

now if you had another country thats better and can explain why I would love to see it???

We've been a polarized country since the Civil War. It's just how our politics evolved. You can wonder how great it would be if we had Switzerland's political structure but I'm saying that's never going to happen here. Focus on what we can fix within the context of what we have. There's plenty to do there obviously.
If Switzerland’s political structure somehow fixed this issue (and I’m not saying it would), then why wouldn’t we want to implement aspects of that?

Last edited:
I explained in detail why,,,

unless youre saying everything we see in the news thats well proven is still fake,,,

now if you had another country thats better and can explain why I would love to see it???
You’ve demonstrated that your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your mom’s basement according to your own reasoning.

And I already answered you in post 51 and 59.

Your approach reminds me of my former engineering managers who tried to solve our problems by reorganizing our departments. The problem is not in the structure.
If other countries can deal with the issue, then so can we. I think.

Maybe we just suck at this and we’re destined to suck at this.

C_Clayton_Jones brought up a point that I found interesting regarding us being an indirect democracy.

As I was researching this topic, I came across this little nugget of information on Switzerland.

“The 1848 and 1999 Swiss Constitutions define a system of direct democracy. The instruments of this system at the federal level, known as popular rights include the right to submit a federal initiative and a referendum, both of which may overturn parliamentary decisions.

By calling a federal referendum, a group of citizens may challenge a law passed by parliament by gathering 50,000 signatures against the law within 100 days. If so, a national vote is scheduled where voters decide by a simple majority whether to accept or reject the law. Any eight cantons can also call a constitutional referendum on federal law.”

That’s pretty cool.

You’ve demonstrated that your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your mom’s basement according to your own reasoning.

And I already answered you in post 51 and 59.
how do you figure that??
all I said was I dont se a country I would want to be in over this one based on just the stuff we do know,,,

now if you have a country thats better please tell me what it is so I can consider it???

how do you figure that??
Because that’s exactly what you said in response to me stating that I have not lived in another country. Why wouldn’t the same apply to you?

You haven’t lived in another country. Therefore you’ve demonstrated that your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your mom’s basement according to your own reasoning.

Because that’s exactly what you said in response to me stating that I have not lived in another country. Why wouldn’t the same apply to you?

You haven’t lived in another country. Therefore you’ve demonstrated that your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your mom’s basement according to your own reasoning.
wrong,, why do I need to live in a country to reject it on just what we know as the average person from another country???

now you on the other hand have made several claims in a thread you started and invited people in to discuss the topic,,

now when asked about details of the topic you refuse to discuss it,,,

wrong,, why do I need to live in a country to reject it on just what we know as the average person from another country???
I don’t know, I’m just using what you said to me for not living in another country.

You said my claim had no basis because i hadn’t lived in another country. Since you haven’t lived in another country, the same would apply to you.

Maybe you should try being consistent.

I don’t know, I’m just using what you said to me for not living in another country.

You said my claim had no basis because i hadn’t lived in another country. Since you haven’t lived in another country, the same would apply to you.

Maybe you should try being consistent.
you were making specific claims that only a person in the know would know,,

me on the other hand just said based on what we do know is enough for me to reject them,,,

now how about you stop attacking me for how I said things and get back to the discussion??

you rejected my claim the USA still being better than all the others,, what country do you consider better??

you were making specific claims that only a person in the know would know,,

me on the other hand just said based on what we do know is enough for me to reject them,,,
According to you.

According to me, your claims require you to have lived outside of the United States in order for your claim to have any basis.

Sorry, your claim has no basis. Maybe you should try being consistent next time.

:rolleyes:

Have you purchased your ticket to Switzerland yet?
No.

Have you thought of a clever punchline to your snarky comment yet?

Maybe “I’ll help you pack” or something like that? Oh man, that would be a good one.

According to you.

According to me, your claims require you to have lived outside of the United States in order for your claim to have any basis.

Sorry, your claim has no basis. Maybe you should try being consistent next time.
my basis is just on what we already know through the media and other public information,,

I dont need to live there for that,,

1665713420121.png

Forum List

Back