Zone1 Duopoly: An American Problem

You said Americans hate each other. Are you American?
Oh. I see. You want to play some word game.

Yes, I’m an American. No, I don’t hate my fellow Americans. Yes, it’s true that MANY Americans hate their fellow Americans.

There you go, there’s a quantifying word there now. Just for you. Happy now?

So your entire premise rests on Google?
Wikipedia.

You know, I’m able to show that 3rd parties exist in other countries. They exist here too but they just have no realistic chance.

Is this fact wrong? Do you have a point? Or are you just here to bless us all with your snark?

I do. Looking at other countries gives us an idea of what is possible. When It’s just us facing this problem, it means that there’s something wrong here and something that we can work to fix.
That's fine. I am a pragmatist and I see no way that the power players on either "team" will be convinced to back a third party. The 2 party system is not ideal but it worked well enough until the Democratic Party went off the rails and stopped representing America's best interests.

I never said you had to live there,,,
I'll say it. If you're going to prance about proclaiming yourself an "expert" on something, you should have some experience with it beyond Google. It's one thing to have an admittedly uninformed opinion, but it's another thing to declare oneself the banner-carrier for "the truth!"

Guess what?

That's fine. I am a pragmatist and I see no way that the power players on either "team" will be convinced to back a third party.
I agree.

But the fact remains that other countries don’t have this same issue. So I’m trying to figure out why it’s a uniquely American problem.

You brought up living in other countries, not me.

Weird how that standard only applies to me, but not you.
I asked if you did,, never said it was a standard,,

there ya go spinning the words again,,,

I also asked what country you thought was better since you objected to me saying there arent any

I asked if you did,, never said it was a standard,,

there ya go spinning the words again,,,

I also asked what country you thought was better since you objected to me saying there arent any
When I said that I didn’t, you said:

”so your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your moms basement,, got it”

So since you have not lived in another country, your claims have no basis either.

...3rd parties exist in other countries. They exist here too but they just have no realistic chance.

They have a very realistic chance of affecting the outcome of elections. This has happened several times. A cautionary tale. Be careful what you wish for.

They have a very realistic chance of affecting the outcome of elections. This has happened several times. A cautionary tale. Be careful what you wish for.
They can affect the outcome of elections but they won’t be viable.

When I said that I didn’t, you said:

”so your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your moms basement,, got it”

So since you have not lived in another country, your claims have no basis either.
reading that now I can see I didnt finish it,,
it should have ended with,

"and is just your opinion"

now if you ever bothered with civil discussion you would give details of how you came y=to your opinion and we could have discussed them,,
instead you played the typical word games and dodged that,

reading that now I can see I didnt finish it,,
it should have ended with,

"and is just your opinion"

now if you ever bothered with civil discussion you would give details of how you came y=to your opinion and we could have discussed them,,
instead you played the typical word games and dodged that,
So your claim has no basis and is just a random observation from your moms basement, got it.

Forum List

Back