Zone1 Duopoly: An American Problem

You’re right. I guess I’m just looking at this in a glass-half-full sense.

We should be better than this. Unfortunately it has spiraled out of control and I don’t think it’s going to get better and time soon.
This period has exposed something about us that most of us didn't realize existed. Or we didn't WANT to realize it.

What does it say about a society when about a third of its populace can literally separate itself from reality and fall head over heels for the most obvious con man it has ever seen?

I don't really understand politics, and this has never been about politics for me. This is about US, and what it says about us as a society.

I already have. We hate each other. The only thing “united“ about us is from the name of the country. We suck at getting along with each other. We suck at breaking out of this cycle that is sending us to the bottom.

Maybe we once were the best in the world. If we still are, we certainly aren’t trending to stay there. It’s just a matter of time, if it hasn’t already happened, for someone else to take that spot.
where is this country you think is so much better than us and why do you think that??

That’s my answer. It’s not my problem if you don’t like it.

If you want to keep asking me the same question, I can keep directing you to those two posts.
it doesnt answer what county you think is so much better than us that we should emulate at any ;level and why,,,

This "better country" question is always interesting, because people never define the word "better".

I suspect for many, it's GDP or some economic measure. For others, it's which populace is the happiest and most content.

I'd go with the latter.
It’s subjective. People just think they’re being patriotic for saying that we’re the best.

‘Merica!

Forum List

Back