E Jean Carroll verdict is in.

By a corrupted court, a corrupted judge, and a corrupted jury. You don't care about that as long as you get the outcome you want.

Oh, my mistake. I was thinking I was conversing with someone actually interested in the law.

I see I'm incorrect.

Have a nice day.

WW

Oh. So if someone steals a pack of gum when they're five, and is then accused of grand theft auto when they're 30 but didn't commit the crime, that's okay because they once stole SOMETHING.

This is a joke, I hope you know. TDS brain rot.
^^ can't accept the fact that Trump is a sexual predator and slanderer

No.

THere was a trial, evidence was presented and the jury rendered a verdict.

In no way was it "she simply accoused him and that was enough".

The Duke Case is totally irrelevant to this case.

However of note is the Duke Case was not tried in court and the case was dropped.

We're different, if someone rapes/sexually assaults someone, I hope the same thing happens.

You don't seem to understand the concept of hearsay. There are different types of hearsay and different rules for when it can be used or not.

The contemporaneous witnesses that testified DID NOT testify as to the act of the assault. That would be inadmissible hearsay.

What the contemporaneous witnesses DID testify to was as to the communications between themselves and Ms. Carroll. The testimony was NOT as to whether the assault occurred, but that Ms. Carroll communicated it at that time, which goes to the weight given by Ms. Carroll and whether she was believable.

Some people throw out the word "hearsay" without understanding (a) what it means and (b) when it can be used to establish a timeframe of when something occurred. In this case Ms. Carroll's contemporaneous conversations.

Anyone that has told you that in this case "Trump was not allowed to speak" is lying to you. There were 3 trials surrounding the events:
  • The Trial of Fact to determine if FPOTUS#45 was liable.
  • The initial trial of damages.
  • The second trial for additional damages.
During the Trail of Fact FPOTUS#45 was fully allowed to speak, to be present, to face his accuser, to present evidence and testimony in his defense, and to take the stand and respond to questions relevant to the case. ** HE ** choose not to go to court and he and his lawyers decided NOT to mount any meaningful defense. Him choosing those actions is not "not allowed to speak".

Now, once the Trial of Fact was completed and the Jury rendered their verdict. At that point the responsibility for the assault is considered fact and is NOT allowed to be relitigated as part of the damages trials. This isn't something new and applicable to FPOTUS#45, this is standard in courts of law.

So yes, he was not allowed to attempt to relitigate the Trail of Fact in the Trail for Damages. The fact that he CHOOSE not to present a defense during the Trial of Fact is not the Judges problem, nor is it Ms. Carroll's. And in choosing not to present a defense in the Trail of Fact, getting a ruling against him, does not make that an issue for appeal.

WW

What 'evidence' was presented other than her word and the word of her friends?

Oh, my mistake. I was thinking I was conversing with someone actually interested in the law.

I see I'm incorrect.

Have a nice day.

WW

I see I'm conversing with a complete idiot who actually believes that bias and corruption don't exist. You live in a fairy tale land and believe only what you want to believe.

Forum List

Back