Earth Day 2013

Just the mere suggestion of it was immature. So if Predfan jumped off a cliff....?

Are you honestly telling me that you don't see a difference between someone saying "I'm going to do this immature thing" and someone saying "that would be as immature as this other immature thing"?

No I'm telling you that in my opinion the mere mentioning of doing something so incredibly immature is immature.

It was a crude analogy, sure.

I have never claimed that Ira Einhorn was innocent, nor do have I ever thought of him as anything other than a vicious, terrible murderer.

The only point that I have made in this thread is that bragging on the internet about how you're going to litter to "protest" Earth Day is immature, passive agressive and childish. You took issue with that, so I guess I should ask you what we were arguing about.

I would never ever litter. I live in pristine. Why would I damage the earth?

My comments were directed towards the OP, not towards you.

I'm probably the worst person you could come across even as a lib. :lol: I'm such a serious conservationist that if you threw a cigarette butt out of your car I'd smoke you in a choke hold and punch you into the ground whilst calling a wildlife officer.

:eusa_angel:

No guff.

:)

I would never ever litter. I live in pristine. Why would I damage the earth?

My comments were directed towards the OP, not towards you.

I'm probably the worst person you could come across even as a lib. :lol: I'm such a serious conservationist that if you threw a cigarette butt out of your car I'd smoke you in a choke hold and punch you into the ground whilst calling a wildlife officer.

:eusa_angel:

No guff.

:)

That's cool.

I've never been much of an environmentalist, but I have no problems with them.

The part where grown-ass men such as yourself feel the need to act like passive aggressive kindergarteners in a weak attempt to make some political point.

Your attempt to shame me was pretty lame. How is it the act of a kindergartner to protest? I mean, I really don't care one bit about your opinion of me but I did put this out there in a thread so I feel it's proper to respond. I'd like to know how you equate protest to acting childish and if you guage maturity the same way when the left is protesting.

I'm more than willing to equally condemn infantile "protests" from "my side".

Would you consider it a legitimate "protest" if I were to go into the local Catholic Church and take a shit on the altar to "protest" pedophile priests?

Personally, no I wouldn't. But I wouldn't call you names for it.

Where did I say that you shouldn't care?

What does a 37-year old murder case have to do with bragging on the internet about littering on Earth Day?

Because Earth Day should be a joke. Compost your wife. Check back at me. :eusa_shhh:

Ira was crazy killed her and then composted her so bad her composted wet was coming down the walls of the other tenants.

Lets make another day.

But not the day celebrating Holly's murder.

"Earth Day" started in 1970. Holly Maddux was murdered in 1977.

There is absolutely nothing that connects "Earth Day" to her murder, aside from Ira Einhorn's disputed claims to "creating" "Earth Day".

The man who killed her is widely credited for starting "earth day".

That's my point.

It might help to read the whole thread...

I did and you railed about Predfan acting like a kindergartener and then what do you do? Act like a fucking kindergartener.

Can you say hypocrite?

Did I say that I was going to take a shit in a Catholic Church? Of course not.

I used it as a comparison. As in: If I did this, I would be as immature as Predfan is being.

I notice that you STILL haven't shown how my protest is "immature". You think it is because YOU say so?

What was incorrect about what I posted?

What should I "try again" about?

He killed his "wife" and composted her.

This is what Ira did. Do we have an argument? Surely you agree he beat the shit out of her to death killed her and composted her.

What on earth is our argument about?

I have never claimed that Ira Einhorn was innocent, nor do have I ever thought of him as anything other than a vicious, terrible murderer.

The only point that I have made in this thread is that bragging on the internet about how you're going to litter to "protest" Earth Day is immature, passive agressive and childish. You took issue with that, so I guess I should ask you what we were arguing about.

It is none of the above. You thinking that simply because you say it is so, makes it so is ignorant, and/or narcissistic.

Last edited:
I'm going to celebrate Earth Day 2013 by eating bacon, beef, veal, and fattened goose liver. Then I'm going to drink a 36 oz Big Gulp and throw the empty plastic cup into the river, all the while driving my V-8 work truck all around to do this.

Then I'll run my sprinkler system for several hours tonight, and keep every light on in the house until late at night. Happy Earth Day sheeple!

Ok, so eating the bacon and the beef will be no problem, I do that almost daily and have my freezer and fridge stocked. I'll have to go to the store to get the veal. the only real problem will be the goose liver pate. Might have to go to a specialty meat store for that. We have a great one here but it's on the other side of town, so that will be a pain in the ass.

Now, getting the big Gulp is no problem but where to dump it? 50-55 miles to the Indian River, or 6 miles to the Econlockhatchee River, or 5 miles to the Kissimmee River? The longer distance would mean I could also burn more gas and increase my carbon output, kill two birds with one stone.

I knocked off the lights and water usage last night, so I can check that off the list.

Ira Samuel Einhorn (born May 15, 1940), known as "the Unicorn Killer", is an American convicted murderer and former environmental advocate. Einhorn beat his ex-girlfriend, Holly Maddux, to death and then stored her body in a locked trunk in his apartment for more than a year — about 18 months — before she was discovered by the police. He fled to Europe and was convicted 25 years later for her murder in 2002 and is serving a life sentence.

His moniker, "the Unicorn," came from his name, Einhorn — unicorn in German.

Ira Einhorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep.

Even icky sticky Wiki knows.

I did and you railed about Predfan acting like a kindergartener and then what do you do? Act like a fucking kindergartener.

Can you say hypocrite?

Did I say that I was going to take a shit in a Catholic Church? Of course not.

I used it as a comparison. As in: If I did this, I would be as immature as Predfan is being.

I notice that you STILL haven't shown how my protest is "immature". You think it is because YOU say so?

Yes.

"Immaturity" is a value judgement. In other words, my opinion. No "proof" is required.

The fact that you seem to think that bragging about littering is "mature" is baffling to me.

Because Earth Day should be a joke. Compost your wife. Check back at me. :eusa_shhh:

Ira was crazy killed her and then composted her so bad her composted wet was coming down the walls of the other tenants.

Lets make another day.

But not the day celebrating Holly's murder.

There is absolutely nothing that connects "Earth Day" to her murder, aside from Ira Einhorn's disputed claims to "creating" "Earth Day".

Ira Einhorn claims to have "started" Earth Day. Everyone else involved in the first Earth Day says he's full of shit and had nothing to do with it.

I'm going to celebrate Earth Day 2013 by eating bacon, beef, veal, and fattened goose liver. Then I'm going to drink a 36 oz Big Gulp and throw the empty plastic cup into the river, all the while driving my V-8 work truck all around to do this.

Then I'll run my sprinkler system for several hours tonight, and keep every light on in the house until late at night. Happy Earth Day sheeple!
You must not be planning on celebrating many more Earth Days.

Seriously, sometimes you guys just completely baffle me.

Please tell me you know the person who "cough started earth day" killed his wife and composted her? He beat her to death and then literally composted her.

I dedicate every earth day to Holly. His wife.

Please tell me you know this?

Holy crap, is that really true!!?? I'm going to have to research that. Horrendous.

Okay...I looked it up. Yep, he killed Holly and left her composting! Apparently other Earth Day organizers dispute his claim to have started Earth Day. Well, of course they would.

Thanks for the intriguing bit of information, tinydancer. I'll have to read more about it.

Last edited:

Ira Einhorn claims to have "started" Earth Day. Everyone else involved in the first Earth Day says he's full of shit and had nothing to do with it.

Well, of course they SAY that.

Last edited:
Seriously, sometimes you guys just completely baffle me.

Please tell me you know the person who "cough started earth day" killed his wife and composted her? He beat her to death and then literally composted her.

Holy crap, is that really true!!?? I'm going to have to research that. Horrendous.

Okay...I looked it up. Yep, he killed Holly and left her composting! Apparently other Earth Day organizers dispute his claim to have started Earth Day. Well, of course they would.

Thanks for the intriguing bit of information, tinydancer. I'll have to read more about it.

And don't get me wrong. I'm a major conservationist. I want my children and grandchildren to celebrate "Earth Day".. I truly do. We should for heaven's sake.

I just don't want Ira associated with it. He was an abuser and punished her so horribly.

And don't get me wrong. I'm a major conservationist. I want my children and grandchildren to celebrate "Earth Day".. I truly do. We should for heaven's sake.

I just don't want Ira associated with it. He was an abuser and punished her so horribly.

Easy answer: Don't associate him with it then.

If you really feel uncomfortable about it, celebrate Earth Day a week later. Or call it something else. Or, you can just choose not to "associate" it with him in your head.

Ira Einhorn is only "associated" with Earth Day by people who want to damage Earth Day with that "association", whether or not he actually had anything to do with the "founding" of it.

Well, of course they SAY that.

He was the unicorn man. We know Ira. And by the way he was gorgeous and engaging and lovely. He was rock solid beautiful.

And anyone saying different is a liar.

As I said before, I'm personally not much of an environmentalist.

I started working in politics on campaigns associated with labor, rather than the environmental lobby - and in many cases, those two groups work towards opposite goals.

But Earth Day seems to be pretty much the most benign "holiday" in existence. It's "take care of the planet day", not "Ira Einhorn appreciation day".

99% of the people who "celebrate" Earth Day wouldn't recognize his name.

Forum List

Back